Amundsen Display

EdmundBlackadder

One of the minor irritations of the Bolero display is that there is not a clock or, less importantly, temperature information, for passengers. A lovely central display but not used as well as it should. It is not a huge deal but it is an irritation. Does the Amundsen unit correct this? Ideally it would have the clock/temp up at all times and then become a minor part of the display when the unit is switched on.

Anyone seen a unit in action?

One of the minor irritations of the Bolero display is that there is not a clock or, less importantly, temperature information, for passengers. A lovely central display but not used as well as it should. It is not a huge deal but it is an irritation. Does the Amundsen unit correct this? Ideally it would have the clock/temp up at all times and then become a minor part of the display when the unit is switched on.

Anyone seen a unit in action?

No, but the Columbus displays the time when switched off, and when on it has the time down the bottom.

No, but the Columbus displays the time when switched off, and when on it has the time down the bottom.

Oh how you Elegance owners can lord it over the rest of us. It is how the Bolero should have been.

Edited by EdmundBlackadder

I thought it was just me!

I got a double whammy when I upgraded my Octavia - went from Stream to Bolero and also got Maxidot.

I often escape the office and drive 4 or 5 miles out into the Yorkshire Dales, park up and eat lunch listening to the radio. On the old car I had the time permanently on the dash and also on the radio - or did the time disappear from the radio when the engine was off? Can't remember now! No matter: I could see when I needed to head back.

As you say the Bolero shows no time and the maxidot display turns off after the engine has been stopped for a few minutes. :doh: You only realise how often you look at the clock when it isn't there any more!

S****y. Oh how you Elegance owners can lord it over the rest of us. It is how the Bolero should have been.

The Elegance is fitted as standard with the Bolero......

The Columbus was a silly cost option available on the (S?), SE & Elegance....

These images of the Amundsen show the clock top right in Nav mode and radio mode:

88cd5d45088eeb9c-large.jpg

3.jpg

I could not find an image of it off.

I find the lack of a clock on the Bolero very irritating as well.

The Elegance is fitted as standard with the Bolero......

The Columbus was a silly cost option available on the (S?), SE & Elegance....

Can I just point out that I did not swear. I actually wrote s w a n k y but the system must have thought I was being naughty.

Does it? I don't think mine does - or does it need setting up?

Oh how you Elegance owners can lord it over the rest of us. It is how the Bolero should have been.

Not all Elegance owners have the Columbus.................Kitten and I have the Bolero still. emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Cant find ANY set-up option on the Bolero for a clock on the screen display.

I think this will be a software upgrade, but I don't think Skoda will do one. emoticon-0106-crying.gif

It is in the Columbus setup area somewhere:

post-36710-0-36869200-1307981496_thumb.jpg

post-36710-0-28037900-1307981498_thumb.jpg

post-36710-0-32102900-1307981500_thumb.jpg

post-36710-0-31138500-1307981502_thumb.jpg

Mike

Thanks - I'll have a play tomorrow!

In fact I've just done it now: very easy and useful for passenger (page 13 in the Columbus manual for anyone else who has been missing out on this).

Edited by hmibennett