retrofit light assistance

PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP THIS IS NOW THE THIRD TIME I HAVE POSTED THIS REQUEST, THE LAST COUPLE OF POSTS FAILED AS I DIDNT EVEN GET A SINGLE RESPONCE?

I OWN A 2011 OCTAVIA ELEGANCE FACELIFT 1.4TSI DSG HATCH WITH RAIN SENSOR, MAXI-DOT FULL MFSW WITH PADDALS, I HAVE ENQUIRED OUT OUR LOCAL DEALER IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE LIGHT ASSISTANCE RETROFITTED TO MY CAR, I WAS TOLD THIS COULD NOT BE DONE AS LIGHT ASSISTANCE IS ONLY A FACTORY OPTION, IS THIS THE CASE OR COULD I GET THIS DONE? THANKS GARY

1. Making three separate threads isn't going to help.

2. Neither is SHOUTING.

3. What you were originally asking (which you've now edited out) in the big Light Assist thread is actually regarding Coming/Leaving Home lights, where your headlights will come on for a set period when you lock or unlock the car, which should be very straight-forward to activate through VAG-COM or possibly Maxidot.

It can be done and it is quite easy. But your dealer can not do it as you need vagcom

First order a ligth switch with auto function.

Part number:1Z0 941 431 J REH

Install it

And then enable it in vagcom

All in all a 10 min operation.

I have done it in my 2010 FL

Important that you must hava rainsensor og auto dimming rear view mirror to make it work

It can be done and it is quite easy. But your dealer can not do it as you need vagcom

First order a ligth switch with auto function.

Part number:1Z0 941 431 J REH

Install it

And then enable it in vagcom

All in all a 10 min operation.

I have done it in my 2010 FL

Important that you must hava rainsensor og auto dimming rear view mirror to make it work

I thought there was more to it than that?

I have rain sensor and auto dimming mirror.

Then just do as posted and get the coding done by vagcom/vcds.

Mine works as follows:

Daylight: fog lights on rearlights off.

Nighttime: front and rear lights on

Rain: front and rear lights on

Tunnel driving: front and rear lights on

Highway (over 120 km/h)front and rear lights on

Coming home and leaving home active when dark or raining

Works perfectly

CH/LH can be set regardless of whether you have a light/rain sensor or not. It can be enabled via VCDS and then the option will appear within Maxidot. On FL vehicles I understand the option for turning on and off is in Maxidot by default. It does work better with the sensor though, as the function only activates when it's dark then.

Auto lights is slightly different, least on the pre-FLs. As said already, there's a big thread covering all the detail so I won't go through it all.

Yes, CH/LH can still be setup. It's just that without Maxidot it can only be controlled with VCDS. So if you wanted to turn either option off, or alter the timings, that would need to be via VCDS again.

Switch? That's for auto lights, which is different. And covered in a whole other thread.

What I've been talking about is CH/LH - Coming Home/Leaving Home lighting. The ability to have the car automatically turn on dipped beam lighting automatically when you leave the car, or unlock it.

So you are saying that I can activate the CH/LH in my 07 Octy which has no light and rain sensor through VAS without needing to change anything ?.If so how do I access it through the VAS to do it ?.

CH/LH can be set regardless of whether you have a light/rain sensor or not. It can be enabled via VCDS and then the option will appear within Maxidot. On FL vehicles I understand the option for turning on and off is in Maxidot by default. It does work better with the sensor though, as the function only activates when it's dark then.

Auto lights is slightly different, least on the pre-FLs. As said already, there's a big thread covering all the detail so I won't go through it all.

I've no idea on VAS, as that's a dealer diagnostic system.

In VCDS, it's within 09-Central Electrics, then Coding. I've enabled this for several people without light/rain sensor, including my own previous vRS.

**Please note that the location of the coding for this feature has moved on a facelift model.**

• 6 months later...

Switch? That's for auto lights, which is different. And covered in a whole other thread.

What I've been talking about is CH/LH - Coming Home/Leaving Home lighting. The ability to have the car automatically turn on dipped beam lighting automatically when you leave the car, or unlock it.

I have had the CH/LH activated in the ECU, & it shows in the MFD + I have ticked the box to activate for 10 Seconds, but it still appears not to be working - I am starting to suspect that with FL you need the light sensor & 3 way switch.

If you can advise, then i would be most grateful - Thanks

Hi Steve - I think that's what various people have discovered, that on the FL there's an extra check involved, probably related to the re-location of various vehicle settings and controllers.

It would seem that these vehicles are now more 'picky' when you enable the CH/LH settings. The extra logic being that the car wants to decide when it fires the CH/LH option, which means you need the light sensor. On the pre-FL cars if you enable the settings without a light sensor, the CH/LH function will come on if enabled regardless of the time of day.

Hope this helps explain it. I know it's not particularly good news for you though!

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steve - I think that's what various people have discovered, that on the FL there's an extra check involved, probably related to the re-location of various vehicle settings and controllers.

It would seem that these vehicles are now more 'picky' when you enable the CH/LH settings. The extra logic being that the car wants to decide when it fires the CH/LH option, which means you need the light sensor. On the pre-FL cars if you enable the settings without a light sensor, the CH/LH function will come on if enabled regardless of the time of day.

Hope this helps explain it. I know it's not particularly good news for you though!

Cheers,

Steve.

+1.

that's correct, without the light sensor, it doesn't care day or night, it will activate the CH/LH lights.

with the light sensor, it will check the light levels, and then decide to activate, or not activate the CH/LH lights.

pretty pointless to have the CH/LH lights turn on in broad daylight!!

then again, its a small price u pay to have the feature, if u dont have the sensor.

Edited by JR RS