Fabia seat cleaning ?

I think the best option all round is a wet vac like a rug doctor.

You can rent one from Morrisons and other places. I've seen pics of the results, and they often come up like new :thumbup:

Only problem is some tool sat on my seat with wet jeans so the dyes run a little on the seat so not to sure if it will come out.

You'll probably be amazed at the results. I can't remember which member it was, but someone had a load of oily stains on a set they bought, and literally every last stain came out of them.

I use AG Interior Shampoo which seams to work well. Do it on a hot day and keep windows/doors open, so it dries quicker if you make it too damp.

Wet vac is always preferable, but I've had some pretty decent results just using AG Interior Shampoo in the past.

Once you've got them clean, worth looking at applying some ScotchGuard to them, so they don't get as mucky again....

There's a VAX on offer at comet at the minute. Down to £99 from £200.

I just did the seats in my octy vrs and they've gone from brown to bright white. B)

I think the best option all round is a wet vac like a rug doctor.

You can rent one from Morrisons and other places. I've seen pics of the results, and they often come up like new :thumbup:

I noticed that my local tesco have also started doing the rug doctor service too... I think it was about £20 for a 24hr rental.

Marc

I use AG Interior Shampoo which seams to work well. Do it on a hot day and keep windows/doors open, so it dries quicker if you make it too damp.

I've just cleaned mine with the AG stuff and it's done a really good job I think :smirk:

One letter difference, and that will be a totally different story :rofl:

:giggle:

I bought another set of seats from a breakers yard and it was absolutely disgusting - loads of oil marks, dirty greasy hand prints on it and it was covered in dust - twice over with the VAX & they look as good as new. Use some undiluted Meguiars GPC cleaner in a spray on them, then used the vax to hoover it out of the material - job done! :)

I might try something designed for upholstery myself, rather than a carpet cleaner. You could try it on a small, inconspicuous area first though I suppose - to see how it worked out.

Foam party?!

Trouble is you need something that will clean AND lift the dirt out of the fabric. I've tried stuff in the past that just seemed to move the grime to a different part of the seat! emoticon-0114-dull.gif

Wet vac plus decent fabric cleaner and you should be laughing emoticon-0148-yes.gif

• 8 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread guys, but thought i'd use this than start another.

What Wet Vac would people recommend that I use? My seats are in desperate need of a clean.

Edit - Just read the thread properly, and did a bit of research on the Rug Doctor. Looks like i'm heading to my local morrisons in the morning!

Edited by Rallycameraman - Luke
  • Like 1

I just bought a VRS interior from a car that had been sitting for a long time full of water. They were virtually unrecognisable, Milldew, mould, grease, I thought they'd vever come up clean. Tried them with a Karcher cleaner, big improvement, bu the Milldew was still there. Believe it or not I went for bleach! Worked a treat, didn't remove any of the original colouring, the black is still just as black, it removed everything else, all the dirt and stains, now they are as good as new!

I swear by my Vax. Use it every spring on the car (hopefully this weeknd), or if there are any 'accidents'. You can pick them up for about £100, which is a few rentals of the rug doctor (£20 a day still?), plus you can use it at home, and lend it to your mates for beer money. One of the best purchases I've made for my car.

Virosol or similar works well. Would work better with a wet vac or steam cleaner.

For the very best results you take the covers off and washing machine them. That's drastic though and requires tools to remove hog rings and later refit or fit new ones.