Eurocarparts.com

So, just to keep updated:

I've actually been charged one of the amounts (which is £30 more than should have been charged), the second £90odd still hasn't been cancelled and is still showing against my account. Even after being assured yesterday that the refund has been processed, i get told today that it hasn't - then i get left on hold whilst the agent finds me someone else to speak to (hearing over and over again how they are the number one parts company - pfff) and eventually have to hang up.

So still out of pocket over £100, no idea when I'm likely to get it back. Looks like I'll have to speak to my bank and dispute the payment that's gone out of my account in full - Eurocarparts will find it much easier to get the CORRECT money off me.

At least i got my parts when promised, but highly doubt I'll ever use them again - and recommend others do the same (unless you fancy getting charged three times the amount you expected). But i suppose any company can appear good when all is going well, its when the **** hits the fan that you really see what they are made off, unfortunatly it seems like Eurocarparts are seriously letting themselves down in this respect :dull:

Glad I used Jorily - worthy site sponsors - correct amount taken from my account and discs n' pads arrived next day - I'd give a 'thumbs up' but the emoticons seem temporarily disabled.

Edited by Wee Bri

Guest Dilip

So, just to keep updated:

I've actually been charged one of the amounts (which is £30 more than should have been charged), the second £90odd still hasn't been cancelled and is still showing against my account. Even after being assured yesterday that the refund has been processed, i get told today that it hasn't - then i get left on hold whilst the agent finds me someone else to speak to (hearing over and over again how they are the number one parts company - pfff) and eventually have to hang up.

So still out of pocket over £100, no idea when I'm likely to get it back. Looks like I'll have to speak to my bank and dispute the payment that's gone out of my account in full - Eurocarparts will find it much easier to get the CORRECT money off me.

At least i got my parts when promised, but highly doubt I'll ever use them again - and recommend others do the same (unless you fancy getting charged three times the amount you expected). But i suppose any company can appear good when all is going well, its when the **** hits the fan that you really see what they are made off, unfortunatly it seems like Eurocarparts are seriously letting themselves down in this respect :dull:

Hi Simon,

Do you mind if i ask who you spoke to, As the 'double charging' was an isolated event (it only actually happened to 8 customers) not all of our Customer service team are aware what may of happened, as its never been possible for this to happen before.

I also have an update as to the issues some of your faced. They are actually 2 fold, firstly the over charging, and secondly the multiple charges.

The 'double charging' that happened to a small amount of customers was due to the customer incorrectly inputting some of their details (it may of been expiry date, postcode or another security detail) - At this point the merchant service 'Ring Fences' The money to check its present, Our bank then refuses to accept the payment, as it hasnt met our strict security criteria. - Therefore there was no bug or glitch with our payment system, it was simply human error which can happen on almost any website payment system.

Your first paymet of £90 has NOT been accepted (becuause we did not match your security details) and we have no claim against this money - It will appear back in your account - If it takes more than 5 working days please contact me directly on [email protected]

Your second attempt then went through with no problems and was processed like normal, hense you received your goods. This is why it may appear that you have been charged twice.

The second problem was the over charging - As explained this is due to a bug at our end where the discount was not being applied on your order, therefore you were charged the full amount - I have checked and confirmed that the £30 which you should of saved HAS been rejected by ECP and will also appear in your account in a matter of days. [along with the first complete payment of £90 which was not accepted by us]

We are REALLY sorry for anybody who got caught with either (or both) of the above problems, however they have been rectified and anybody who was affected has had the correct amount refunded - this WILL appear back in your account, I would normally advise 5 working days - We are more than happy to send our standard letter to your bank stating that we have no claim for the first transaction and provide our authorisation details for the refund we have processed, this sometimes speeds up the process of the money appearing in your account.

I hope this helps explain what happened. If i can be of any more assistance, feel free to contact me direct! As a Customer Service Team Leader, its my job to help you to the best i can!

Kind regards

Dilip V

Customer Service Team Leader

Edited by Dilip

I ordered a brand new Bosch Maf last a week or two ago from ECP, online using the 30% off code.

Got an email reciept for that

Then got send a reconditioned Bosch MAF, with the corresponding part numbers on the packaging, and an invoice/reciept showing the part number relating to the reconditioned MAF.

Odd how I ordered a new one, and got sent a recon unit.

Even stranger, that the reciept/invoice that came with, shows an amount which is MORE expensive than a recon unit (when I checked on the website), and LESS expensive than a NEW MAf that I ordered. So I got charged this random price that I see on the invoice

And that takes into account the 30% voucher code too, before you suggest that's why the price is odd.

so it looks like they make up the orders and the prices as they go along?!?!?!?!

I rang the customer care team, but the man told me that they don't work after 6pm, so I have to call back another time.

To be honest, I haven't called them back because

a) I've fitted it now

B) I've not really had the time in the week when I'm working

c) It's not the end of the world, as the part is working.

I'm just a little confused as to how they work at ECP?!?!

Guest Dilip

I ordered a brand new Bosch Maf last a week or two ago from ECP, online using the 30% off code.

Got an email reciept for that

Then got send a reconditioned Bosch MAF, with the corresponding part numbers on the packaging, and an invoice/reciept showing the part number relating to the reconditioned MAF.

Odd how I ordered a new one, and got sent a recon unit.

Even stranger, that the reciept/invoice that came with, shows an amount which is MORE expensive than a recon unit (when I checked on the website), and LESS expensive than a NEW MAf that I ordered. So I got charged this random price that I see on the invoice

And that takes into account the 30% voucher code too, before you suggest that's why the price is odd.

so it looks like they make up the orders and the prices as they go along?!?!?!?!

I rang the customer care team, but the man told me that they don't work after 6pm, so I have to call back another time.

To be honest, I haven't called them back because

a) I've fitted it now

B) I've not really had the time in the week when I'm working

c) It's not the end of the world, as the part is working.

I'm just a little confused as to how they work at ECP?!?!

Hi mate,

As far as i'm aware, We don't sell reconditioned MAFs??? - This is a strange one!

As for our pricing, there is one set discounted price online - they rarely change unless it has a discount code used....

The only possibility i can GUESS would be you ordered a Bosch unit - It may of been out of stock or not available, so you were supplied an Aftermarket quality product (the exact same part number EXCEPT for the 9th digit) The price would differ, because its not OE, and thus we sell it for less.

Have a look at your receipt,

If the part number Ends 0 it normally stands for OE quality (ie original manufacturer or genuine)

If it has a 1 it is normally AM [aftermarket] cheaper alternative. -

If you don't mind, could you send me a PM with your Order number, and what box the product was inside

I'd really like to get to the bottom of this, its a strange one!

Dilip V

This is what I ordered (copied from my Email reciept)

1 x 434440310 @ 128.4 GBP

Bosch Air Flow Meter

I paid £102.83 on the email (I guess this is the final price inc 30% off)

This is what I recieved

1x 434440300, and a reciept for £90.23, which is what my credit card got charged.

The Unit is a BOSCH unit, with the product number 434440300 on the outer cardboard box, and a ECP sticker with the same part number on the maf housing, and a BOSCH cardboard box.

I looked up the price of 434440300 and the price is less than £90 from what I can work out, so I can't understand

1) why I was sent something I didn't strictly order

2) where the price I paid (£90.23) comes from?!

My order number is

Guest Dilip

This is what I ordered (copied from my Email reciept)

1 x 434440310 @ 128.4 GBP

Bosch Air Flow Meter

I paid £102.83 on the email (I guess this is the final price inc 30% off)

This is what I recieved

1x 434440300, and a reciept for £90.23, which is what my credit card got charged.

The Unit is a BOSCH unit, with the product number 434440300 on the outer cardboard box, and a ECP sticker with the same part number on the maf housing, and a BOSCH cardboard box.

I looked up the price of 434440300 and the price is less than £90 from what I can work out, so I can't understand

1) why I was sent something I didn't strictly order

2) where the price I paid (£90.23) comes from?!

My order number is

Great, that's all the details I need!

Unless Bosch have superceed the part, from looking at the part numbers they are totally different units????

Ill look into this myself on monday and let you know, as I'm baffled!

Dilip V

Thanks for your help,

From what I was told by another forum member who had already bought a MAF from ECP the year before,

434440300 is a reconditioned Bosch unit (exchange unit, or whatever the term is) This is what he bought and was happy with it.

I was told that 434440310 is a BRAND NEW Bosch unit, so I thought what the hell, and just ordered a brand new one (seeing as it's such a vital part of the car)

Anyway, thanks again for helping out.

As site sponsors, don't forget we can offer all Briskoda Members discount. Plus we can supply Brands Such as BOSCH, SKF, Febi Bilstein to name but a few as unbeatable prices.

Hi Simon,

Do you mind if i ask who you spoke to, As the 'double charging' was an isolated event (it only actually happened to 8 customers) not all of our Customer service team are aware what may of happened, as its never been possible for this to happen before.

Interesting that you say that, but I had almost exactly the same happen to me last year. The initial payment on the web was 'declined' but appeared authorised on my card account.. customer services took another payment and the goods were sent. Both payments were taken from my card. Your customer services were as useless as a chocolate teapot, and I eventually persued a refund through the (very efficient) card company.

So is this behaviour really 'isolated' at ECP ?

Cheers

David

Guest Dilip

Thanks for your help,

From what I was told by another forum member who had already bought a MAF from ECP the year before,

434440300 is a reconditioned Bosch unit (exchange unit, or whatever the term is) This is what he bought and was happy with it.

I was told that 434440310 is a BRAND NEW Bosch unit, so I thought what the hell, and just ordered a brand new one (seeing as it's such a vital part of the car)

Anyway, thanks again for helping out.

Hi Buddy!

I have checked the order and it seems the first part you ordered was actually the wrong one for your vehicle, hense it was changed.

The price differed from the website because you got the 30% discount, (however the discount isn't off the surcharge)

ive sent you an email with the details!

Interesting that you say that, but I had almost exactly the same happen to me last year. The initial payment on the web was 'declined' but appeared authorised on my card account.. customer services took another payment and the goods were sent. Both payments were taken from my card. Your customer services were as useless as a chocolate teapot, and I eventually persued a refund through the (very efficient) card company.

So is this behaviour really 'isolated' at ECP ?

Cheers

David

Hi David,

Up until last week the Customer Service team used to handly the card payments, you wouldnt have noticed but the payment on the web last year wasn't automoted (ie you put your card details in but it wasnt actually charged until a customer service agent processed the order)

If your payment was declined (due to no funds, incorrect details etc....) then, as you would of been told the funds are reserved by the merchant bank not with us, and it can take up to 5 working days for it to appear back in your account. This is normal practice with banks due to it not passing their security checks.

What happened to Simon was he processed our order with our new LIVE payment system and his order was actually declined online, thus its never happened before and the Customer Service team had never heard of that.

The Customer service team have been rebriefed on this situation, however it only happened to 8 customers all of whom have had their payments returned (or pending return)

Thanks for your feedback guys, Its from this feedback that we can improve and make ourselves better.

Dilip V

Edited by Dilip

My payment card is always refused by ECP. Phone up to be told it my address does not match, discussion ensues revolving around checking my address when I know perfectly well I entered it okay online. They then say something about checking it with the card issuer, end of call, goods turn up on doorstep a few days later. Happens all the time with ECP, never had issues with any other website. I suspect it is because I have a flat number and a house number, and these are not gracefully extracted from the address and entered into the card payment security check.

Guest Dilip

My payment card is always refused by ECP. Phone up to be told it my address does not match, discussion ensues revolving around checking my address when I know perfectly well I entered it okay online. They then say something about checking it with the card issuer, end of call, goods turn up on doorstep a few days later. Happens all the time with ECP, never had issues with any other website. I suspect it is because I have a flat number and a house number, and these are not gracefully extracted from the address and entered into the card payment security check.

Hi Anewman

Unfortunatly you are correct, some banks will put flat numbers etc in different formats. For security reasons we want a complete match, and if your bank dosnt provide this, we need to try again.

Fortunatly our new payment software will end this problem, I might ask you to personally test it you have been through the process before :)

Dilip V

Hi Anewman

Unfortunatly you are correct, some banks will put flat numbers etc in different formats. For security reasons we want a complete match, and if your bank dosnt provide this, we need to try again.

Fortunatly our new payment software will end this problem, I might ask you to personally test it you have been through the process before :)

Dilip V

It sounds like your new payment system will cause more problems if it holds the money in a merchant bank for 5 days after a declined attempt because ECP don't want their staff to check the failed orders to see if there if it is a simple formatting error.

Not everyone is going to have that buffer of cash in their accounts to fall back on - and if the declined amount is £500+ you're going to get some very angry customers clogging up your phone lines wanting answers.

The bottom line is customer's don't want some rubbish about declined payments not actually being declined. I don't go into a shop and each time i enter my pin incorrectly it declines but still charges me, only to be refunded for it 5 days later....

If EPC want to be stringent about delivery addresses to cover themselves then that's fine, but EPC needs to realise that it is going to take a little more work than just letting some algorithm decide yes/no and if the answer is no, take no action and just wait for the charge request to time out instead of actually cancelling it at the merchant.

I'm 30, I've always bought goods online and I've had payments declined before because of incorrect addresses. Wanna guess how many times I've had the hassle that I've had with EPC? I'll let you guess (its a very small number, looks like a donut!)

Guest Dilip

It sounds like your new payment system will cause more problems if it holds the money in a merchant bank for 5 days after a declined attempt because ECP don't want their staff to check the failed orders to see if there if it is a simple formatting error.

Not everyone is going to have that buffer of cash in their accounts to fall back on - and if the declined amount is £500+ you're going to get some very angry customers clogging up your phone lines wanting answers.

The bottom line is customer's don't want some rubbish about declined payments not actually being declined. I don't go into a shop and each time i enter my pin incorrectly it declines but still charges me, only to be refunded for it 5 days later....

If EPC want to be stringent about delivery addresses to cover themselves then that's fine, but EPC needs to realise that it is going to take a little more work than just letting some algorithm decide yes/no and if the answer is no, take no action and just wait for the charge request to time out instead of actually cancelling it at the merchant.

I'm 30, I've always bought goods online and I've had payments declined before because of incorrect addresses. Wanna guess how many times I've had the hassle that I've had with EPC? I'll let you guess (its a very small number, looks like a donut!)

Hi Simon,

Maybe I shouldn't of gone into so much detail about the online payment process, I thought you might want to know the reasons behind.

The new payment system is the power behind companies such as John Lewis and many other large retailers. So there shouldnt be any more hassles when customers enter incorrect details.

Dilip V

Hi David,

Up until last week the Customer Service team used to handly the card payments, you wouldnt have noticed but the payment on the web last year wasn't automoted (ie you put your card details in but it wasnt actually charged until a customer service agent processed the order)

If your payment was declined (due to no funds, incorrect details etc....) then, as you would of been told the funds are reserved by the merchant bank not with us, and it can take up to 5 working days for it to appear back in your account. This is normal practice with banks due to it not passing their security checks.

In my case it was four weeks and counting, with no sign of a refund. I recommend the OP just gets the card company to sort the matter out, I'm not minded to use ECP myself any time soon.

Cheers

David

Thanks for taking the time to find out the problems and clearing everything up.

Hopefully the new software will improve the website system. At the moment there are too many different prices for the same item.

Eg when I tried to order brake discs and pads for my Skoda Fabia, there were so many different prices for the same product and manufacturer.

I'll continue to use ECP, as their prices are brilliant, but I do look forward to an improved website

Eg when I tried to order brake discs and pads for my Skoda Fabia, there were so many different prices for the same product and manufacturer.

Yep come across this a lot. If you click on each one and look at the fitment details, I think you will find they are all different sizes - and only one of them is the correct one. Seems to be the case though, that if you go direct to a branch their own computers can flash up the exact one required, whereas with their website a bit of research is required.