What Have I Done

MoggyTech

Well times are tough, so owning a classic car just didn't seem to make sense anymore, despite free road tax and £80 insurance, the cost of fuel was the killer, and of course the odd repair. So last night I stuck the old girl on Classics For Sale. Not sure how I will feel if it sells. :'(

DSCF0572-2.jpg

So, am I mad, or doing the right thing.

I think you'll regret it the moment the car drives away. However, as you said times are tough and having a toy is not possbile for a lot of people at the moment. If you could mothball it 'till times are better then that might be an option?

Disconnect the battery, drain the oil and fuel, pump the tyres up a bit more and store under a cover etc and then SORN it...looks a great little car for moving stuff and having a bit of fun......and NO that is NOT an offer!!! :giggle:

Edited by fabdavrav

As others have said, you obviously have doubts. Have you considered mothballing your Moggy and postponing your decision for 12 months? Experience life without your Moggy - without actually selling it. Once it's gone - it's gone

Just my 2p

That's odd, I put my Morris Minor up for sale this week too! :o

Found your advert... that thing looks amazing.

I can understand the thought process for a hardly used car worth that much.

Don't think you'' find it easy to replace if you have a change of heart later though. :(

My feeling is that as some others have said it would be a shame to sell such a good looking minor.

Are you looking to sell becuase of the running costs or is it that you are needing to release the money in the car.

if it's just the running costs then I would put it into storage for a year or so till things are better, becuase you will cost you a whole lot more to replace it in the future.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PS. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Yes, How can £80 ins. and free road tax make a car expensive to run compared to modern cars, don't forget the depreciation which the Moggy doesn't suffer from. My friend sold his 1964 Lambretta and bought a modern scooter of sorts and has been regretting it ever since, he forgot about the depreciation that was eroding the purchase value.

If I lived nearer to you. I would be round your house and knock some sense into you.

Got some bits for the HS2 carb on order from SU Carbs, (sticking choke jet), will see how much I enjoy (or not) rebuilding the carb.

If all goes to plan, advert will be pulled on Wednesday.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PS. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

+1

Keep it - you'll regret it going

Got some bits for the HS2 carb on order from SU Carbs, (sticking choke jet), will see how much I enjoy (or not) rebuilding the carb.

If all goes to plan, advert will be pulled on Wednesday.

:thumbup:

Parts arrived for carb rebuild, job done, advert deleted. So it looks like the old girl is staying for now.

Glad you are keeping it I had one of these back in 1967 - sold it in 1971 and still miss the fun of it. Would not mind another but have to temper that with reality.

Simple motor that just worked and did what it was supposed to do with no electronics to foul things up.

Then again I have a significant b'day coming up in 2013 - Colin ?

Glad you are keeping it I had one of these back in 1967 - sold it in 1971 and still miss the fun of it. Would not mind another but have to temper that with reality.

Simple motor that just worked and did what it was supposed to do with no electronics to foul things up.

Then again I have a significant b'day coming up in 2013 - Colin ?

Love the A Series engine, if only for the solid reliability. Most other road side repairs can be done with bad language and a moderate sized hammer. :rofl:

My thanks go out to all those who prodded me in the right direction on this issue. Really glad I kept the Moggy, and even did the one job

I hate tonight, the grease service on trunnions, prop shaft, handbrake cables and track rod ends. None of this sealed for life nonsense, just grease up to the armpits :rofl: