Laquer peeling off rear spoiler

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be interested in seeing the outcome on this as I was very annoyed to see this problem happen to my 4 year old VRS Special Edition. When I spoke to the local dealer they claimed the usual not covered under the paint warranty etc :(

OK here's what I hope to be a final update.

Simpsons have again contacted Skoda, who have again rejected any warranty claim. So Simpsons have offered to go half and half on the cost of repainting the spoiler. This equates to £50 each. I've accepted this and the car will be getting painted in the New Year with a courtesy car offered for the duration.

This I feel was going to be the best offer I'd get without me resorting to court action.

^^^^ The outcome for those who missed it. This is the best anyone has had out of skoda from what i`v seen on here

I'd be interested in seeing the outcome on this as I was very annoyed to see this problem happen to my 4 year old VRS Special Edition. When I spoke to the local dealer they claimed the usual not covered under the paint warranty etc :(

Ouf of interest is the warranty for "bodywork" or for "paint", surely if it's a paint warranty it shouldn't matter what it's painted on.

• 1 month later...

Ouf of interest is the warranty for "bodywork" or for "paint", surely if it's a paint warranty it shouldn't matter what it's painted on.

Check the T&Cs of the 'paint' warranty...