TTS short shifter

Can this be had from the stealers or TPS? What sort of money are we talking?

Audi stealers though they had to order it in. Best thing from all their snobbery the label on the box says " VW group made in Czech Rep". Which to me says Audi are using Skoda made parts rather than the other way.

Okay, so having read the entire thread, i'm now totally confused!!

I have a '58 plate PRE-fl 1.8t L&K (although if someone could clear up what constitutes a FSI,TSI & TFSI I'd be much appreciated as it says TSI on the rear of the motor and in the brochure, but the original dealer's sales reciept from where I bought it brand new refers to it as TFSI... AAAAAARGH!!!), so what, if any, part do I need to get the TTS bit to work?!

Again... AAAAAAARGH!!! :think:

Ive got a FL 1.8tsi with a MQ250 gearbox and the A revision works for me, your best bet would try to look into the engine compartment, the gearbox part number is stamped on to it (its a bit difficult to spot though).

Okay, so having read the entire thread, i'm now totally confused!!

I have a '58 plate PRE-fl 1.8t L&K (although if someone could clear up what constitutes a FSI,TSI & TFSI I'd be much appreciated as it says TSI on the rear of the motor and in the brochure, but the original dealer's sales reciept from where I bought it brand new refers to it as TFSI... AAAAAARGH!!!), so what, if any, part do I need to get the TTS bit to work?!

Again... AAAAAAARGH!!! :think:

I didn't think they did the Tfsi in a 1.8, it was a Tsi or an Fsi, one being turbo charged the other normally aspirated......iirc!

I didn't think they did the Tfsi in a 1.8, it was a Tsi or an Fsi, one being turbo charged the other normally aspirated......iirc!

Mine is definitely turbo charged so assuming you're saying that refers to the TSI, what's the difference between a TSI and a TFSI? Do the letters TSI, TFSI & FSI actually mean anything, such as GTi is iirc Grand Tourer Injection?

Mine is definitely turbo charged so assuming you're saying that refers to the TSI, what's the difference between a TSI and a TFSI? Do the letters TSI, TFSI & FSI actually mean anything, such as GTi is iirc Grand Tourer Injection?
There are a few marked differences between the two, the TSi has stronger internals, a HPFP able to accept up to 130 bar and an IHI turbo instead of the K03. Although that is on the 2.0 version. As to the name, Tfsi = Turbo fuel stratified injection. Tsi = Turbo stratified injection.

There are a few marked differences between the two, the TSi has stronger internals, a HPFP able to accept up to 150 bar and an IMI turbo instead of the K03. Although that is on the 2.0 version.

As to the name, Tfsi = Turbo fuel stratified injection. Tsi = Turbo stratified injection.

Lovely. And in English?

Yus indeed blackpaven.

"As to the name, Tfsi = Turbo fuel stratified injection. Tsi = Turbo stratified injection". That's the same enit without the fuel word?

Yeah, doesn't mean anything to me and therefore I still don't know the difference between the two apart from one has the word FUEL in the acronym. :wonder:

Lovely. And in English?

Throw me a bone fella, how much do you know about engines?

The Tsi engine has tougher internal components, the fuel pump can run at a higher pressure 130 bar instead of 115, and it has a smaller turbo called IHI (not IMI as previously mentioned d'oh). It has a different air box which is not integral to the engine cover and it is chain driven not belt, on the whole it is a more efficent improvement over the Tfsi.......is that clearer?

Hi All, does anybody have a fitting guide for one of these, any tips or advice ??

There's one on the Forge site, for their short shifter. In PDF format. Steps are the same for whichever one you end up buying.

There's one on the Forge site, for their short shifter. In PDF format. Steps are the same for whichever one you end up buying.

Cheers Wardy,

I did see the one on the Forge site, just wanted to be sure. Went and got one from Audi, £23+vat, can't complain at that price. Now just to fit it, that will be tomorrows job. Will let everybody know how it goes.

Cheers Wardy,

I did see the one on the Forge site, just wanted to be sure. Went and got one from Audi, £23+vat, can't complain at that price. Now just to fit it, that will be tomorrows job. Will let everybody know how it goes.

I asked the bloke for a discount when I got mine, amazingly he said yes and gave me 10%..

:giggle:

Cheers Wardy,

Fitted this morning, no problems. makes a nice difference to the gear change.