My Silver Fabia vRS

Gobsheene

Hello folks!

Been on here for a while and never posted my car. I didn't as it was a standard vRS with colour coded handles and strips.

I got the vRS after selling my Focus ST2 as it was just getting too much to run and the performance wasn't really worth the outlay.

It's an 04 with average miles and interior which is in great shape. The car has came colour coded and some of the bushes have been replaced for what looks like Powerflex bushes but these are creaking and knocking a little so may need refreshed sometime soon. The previous owner claims the car has been remapped, and is around 165 bhp.

th_IMG_0152.jpgth_IMG_0091.jpgth_IMG_0089.jpgth_IMG_00491.jpgth_IMG_00471.jpgth_IMG_00431.jpgth_IMG_00411-2.jpg

So over the last week or so I've started to add my own personal touches to the car.

The 1st thing I done was take out that terrible standard HU and install an Alpine unit with iPod compatibility, but alas the sound quality is still quite poor emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Next up was some new badges, as the original ones had just faded to chrome and looked awful, so I ordered some off Ebay @ £10 each and that was a bit of a de-barcle, arrived damaged and installed on the backing plates upside down. I had to dremel a bit off them to get them to fit correctly.

th_IMG_0289.jpg

Then some silver side repeater bulbs as the orange ones were starting to de-laminate, never done this on any of my cars before and I'm super pleased with the result.

th_IMG_0321.jpgth_IMG_0322.jpg

Next was a set of Aero wipers to replace the knackered ones that were on the car when I received it.

Then arrived my roll of matt black vinyl to de-chrome the grille, managed to get this done today. Only took several hours lol.

th_IMG_0349.jpgth_IMG_0350.jpgth_IMG_0351.jpgth_IMG_0352.jpgth_IMG_0353.jpg

Then found an old Keyring that suited the car... so stuck it on me keys.

th_IMG_0052.png

Then one day when I had the dog, I was off getting some Diesel and when I returned to the car Buddy [the dog] left me a pressy... little fluffy ******.

th_IMG_00271.jpg

Got a good few plans up my sleeve for the car, and really trying not to steal parts off the missus' Ibiza Cupra TDi.

th_IMG_9437.jpgth_IMG_9435.jpgth_IMG_9433.jpg

Thats all for now!

Hope to have some more updates soon emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Niall

• Like 1

Nice looking car, very clean. Silver's the best colour

I wrapped my grille yesterday too, what a pain in the rear lol.

How do you find the car compares to the ST, is it way behind in the performance stakes?

Hey Gobsheene

Hope ur enjoying the vrs :)

Im in the Newtownabbey area alot with work etc and down round the abbeycentre.

Those alloys off the cupra would look awesome on the vrs!!!

Nice looking car, very clean. Silver's the best colour

I wrapped my grille yesterday too, what a pain in the rear lol.

How do you find the car compares to the ST, is it way behind in the performance stakes?

The only thing I miss from the ST is the note and the headlights. I really want Xenon back :(

Performance wise, the Fabia is of course at a 50bhp deficit but on the road it doesnt really lack in my opinion. I certainly dont miss the extra power!

ITs not too far behind the Cupra either which surprised me on the way home from collecting it.

And yeah the grill was a right royal pain!!

Edited by Gobsheene

Hey Gobsheene

Hope ur enjoying the vrs :)

Im in the Newtownabbey area alot with work etc and down round the abbeycentre.

Those alloys off the cupra would look awesome on the vrs!!!

A Blue one? I think the missus may have decided to race you last week? She was telling me a story of an SE on the M2 :)

Give me a wee wave or a toot if you see me around!

Edited by Gobsheene

A Blue one? I think the missus may have decided to race you last week? She was telling me a story of an SE on the M2 :)

Give me a wee wave or a toot if you see me around!

Yeah, i got the limited edition about 2 years ago, my dad has a silver 2004 fabia vrs (120,000 miles on it now and still going strong :) (i had persuaded him to trade in his old sdi fabia for the vrs lol) and when the limited vrs came out I loved it and guess just saved like crazy to get it - got it from John Mullholland.

Naw id never race a cupra - id be left sitting lol. Im always heading up to ballymena from ballyclare area so i'll be on that stretch of the M2.

Will toot if I see ya's about. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Next mod was collected last night,

A Seat Sport strut brace for a £30 :D well pleased, and even more so to go collect it and find its been vinyl wrapped in a checkered flag vinyl lol

Its' quite funky, i'll get some pictures up later on and some once its fitted too, the same guy had some APEX springs for £40 but someone else snapped them up before me :(

Niall

Pics:

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Cant say i've noticed a huge difference so far.. only done 15 miles though on it.

Does seem like a little more eager to turn in now though.

Yeah, it does say Ibiza FR on it lol... but i'll sort that after a while :)

Edited by Gobsheene

Had this out a good run last night and I definatly notice more of a difference when tramping on, its more direct up to the point of understeer, then it slides like fook!! lol Actually much more fun to drive now :)

Worthwhile mod for £30.

You said the cupra goes so much differently to the vrs? Just so much faster?

Na not much faster tbh I can keep up, but cant get past... hers was RR'd at 189.9 on AI Autosports Rollers last year and has an ABT Map on it from before she bought it.

Mine has a Torque Tronics "smokey as hell" map by the previous owner and he stated it was 165bhp, i've nothing to prove this though.

Her map is alot harsher and feels way quicker... good bit more go in 5th and 6th, but that could be to do with the different ratio gearboxes, AFAIK i have the long range one and the Cupra has the short one.