My Silver Fabia vRS

Gobsheene

Looks so good mate! I've just got my self a silver vRS also! Should get a LCR splitter ;)

Thanks chum!

I'm Not a fan of them tbh. Every one has one and i prefer them without.

Also I installed one on the wifes cupra Ibiza and i tore it off, before it was even lowered... OOPS!

Was looking at some Subaru splitters a while back that I reckon might fit with a bit of tweaking, but never followed it up!

Something like this:

DSC02007.jpg

Looks tidy mate! You got any more plans??

Cheers buddy :)

I have loads of ideas in my head, but its all £££ at the moment.

I've just had my mortgage agreed on my house so will be skint for the considerable!

I think from here on it will either be all maintenance or audio upgrades inside

Just had a thought to put the strut brace back on too now that I don't have crappy coil-overs installed!

Edited by Gobsheene

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Waxxed it today with the August Waxybox sample wax from Angelwax. This stuff is fantastic! Smells astounding and goes on so thin you cant even see the layer you've just put on but can really feel it effecting the clearcoat! 

null_zpsf4e09111.jpg

null_zpsef4d6036.jpg

Little car came out great! :) Looking forward to seeing how it beads up!

• 2 months later...

I broke the old rear wiper and stuck a Polo aero one on. 

TBH I wish i'd just replaced like for like... but it's on now and looks nice. 

Maybe i'll get a pic soon :) 

In the mean time, i've just been driving it on and thinking of installing some CREE LED H7's for the headlights just for fun...

• 1 month later...

Well, today I set upon the task of fitting my Parrot MK9100i kit that I found in the attic after moving house.

I bought it a few years ago for the wife's 207 and totally forgot about it!!

So the first thing was, I opened the boot to find a box of DAZ washing powder had exploded covering everything.

So set about hoovering that up and the rest of the car.

Then started into the Parrot!

Posted Image

I fitted the screen above the Head unit and ran the cables

Posted Image

Popped the dual mic at the top of the A pillar and ran the cables in past the fuse box under the dash plastics and over to the glovebox.

Posted Image

Then got everything tidied up and tucked away, and the head unit popped back in!

Posted Image

I am undecided on where I'll put the remote control for it, possibly on top of the ash tray or even in front of the wing mirror controllers...

I ran all cables into the glove box, so I have an iPod, USB and line-in in the glovebox with lots of spare cable tucked away! :)

Posted Image

Some of the more eagle eyed of you will notice I ditched the other head unit as, well it was ****e.

Next up will be the front cup holder I have sitting in my shed, and maybe a speaker upgrade with more Alpine goodies :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well thats the yellow headlights and side lights dead. 

Chirrio Nokya hello RING. Just installed these into the wifes Leon FR and they really are a great job. Much brighter than OSRAM nightbreakers and a nice white colour. 

61UZMPbSKhL._SL1000_.jpg

and some matching (i hope) CREE & SMD sidelights.

$_58.JPG

Edited by Gobsheene

• 2 weeks later...

So today I put the CREE bulbs in, and the H4s.

I drove 54 miles and noticed one of the sidelights had went out, so I checked the connection and as I took it out the ****** caught fire!!!

Thankfully I blew it out and stuck one of my interior lights in in its place.

I took a picture of them both to give you a comparison, there's a slightly bluer tinge in the photo but in real life there's a big difference. Left is normal LED CREE is on the right. The CREE stuff is white, but flammable the LED is bluer :(Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

Finally righting something that I've rued since I put them on the car almost three years ago. Horrible Ebay knock off badges.

So i'm replacing them with some OE badges from the facelift Fabia. 

$T2eC16RHJGYE9nooh8!TBR6sgr,fqw~~60_58.J

And centre caps to match as I never ordered any after I re-furbed the wheels! 

$_58.JPG

And the cost of all this shineyness? 

NATHIN! I traded in all my nectar points on eBay haha! 

Edited by Gobsheene
  • Like 1