Collinite 476

joe198804

Just received some today. Given the car a clay down, before a bit of minor paint correction and slapped a coat of colly on. First time I have used a 'hard wax' and I was amazed at how easily it applied and buffed and also the water repellent properties. Gets a big thumb up from me.

I had only used the liquid type waxes before such as megs nxt 2.0 and megs gold class and was disappointed with how they turned out.

i would advise anyone getting into detailing to buy a pot, its far more cost effective than tipping cheaper waxes on every couple of weeks...

Even 2 coats lasts a damn long time. I usually give mine a 2 coat special toward the end of the Autumn, say November, and it will be good through most of the winter.

Speaking of which, I need to order some more soon. My two tins have depleted substantially....

just make sure you dont leave it too long (especialy when warm weather) because im telling you its hell taking off :( :( :( :( :(

Can't agree more with that statement, a mate applied some and left it to long, he was forced to clay the car again! :o

When used correctly though, excellent product. :thumbup:

Just received some today. Given the car a clay down, before a bit of minor paint correction and slapped a coat of colly on. First time I have used a 'hard wax' and I was amazed at how easily it applied and buffed and also the water repellent properties. Gets a big thumb up from me.

I had only used the liquid type waxes before such as megs nxt 2.0 and megs gold class and was disappointed with how they turned out.

i would advise anyone getting into detailing to buy a pot, its far more cost effective than tipping cheaper waxes on every couple of weeks...

It's good stuff.

Phil.

polish.jpg

So let me get this straight, since I'm new to the detailing world - apply 2 coats of this stuff & it lasts a couple of months. I'm assuming you don't have to reapply after each wash?

Apply after each wash? God no!

My maximum protection time with 2 coats is currently 11 months....

And that's on a daily driver, stored outside, that doesn't get washed more than once a month (and no, it's not my car!)

As in there's still beading protection on the paintwork after that length of time.

So let me get this straight, since I'm new to the detailing world - apply 2 coats of this stuff & it lasts a couple of months. I'm assuming you don't have to reapply after each wash?

correct. just apply 1 or 2 coats one every 3-4 months when you notice that your protection is fading. most weeks i just wash and then go round with a quick detailer spray to maintain the wax