Standard MK1 fabia vrs mufflerectomy

My furby is completely standard, and im thinking of getting a mufflerctomy done at my local powerflow dealer.

What i would like to know is:

Would this cause any problems to the turbo. Heard something a while back about turbo fins/vains? :S

What size pipe would be best.

And would powerflow have to cut my standard exhaust up at all?

Cheers Mike.

My furby is completely standard, and im thinking of getting a mufflerctomy done at my local powerflow dealer.

What i would like to know is:

Would this cause any problems to the turbo. Heard something a while back about turbo fins/vains? :S

What size pipe would be best.

And would powerflow have to cut my standard exhaust up at all?

Cheers Mike.

Depends on what your having done mate, for example if you are likely to be de-catting the car then a remap is suggested so that the health of the turbo can be maintained

• Like 1

i had 2.5" and that was alright, although i hated my mufflerectomy so i guess thats a usless comment, too loud for me, and seemed quicker as standard to be honest

i had 2.5" and that was alright, although i hated my mufflerectomy so i guess thats a usless comment, too loud for me, and seemed quicker as standard to be honest

Interesting I had the complete opposite experience, only really makes a loud noise when giving it the beans and I found it a smidge faster along with a slightly improved throttle response (whether any of this actually has happened is another story lol).

Did you sell yours bud in the end? What have you got now? I'm still wanting one but not really moving my backside into getting it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Well that was my reason for doing it, and in theory, less back pressure and less resistance for exhaust gases, how could this fail? but i just didnt get on with it, plus i have a decat which had to come off while i ran it as this was rediculously loud, coming from a 22 year old too lol, as long as you are enjoying yours mate thats all that matters, everyones different right

As for selling the pipe, i have it off now and have a standard backbox back on in place. The pipe is suppost to be going to a mate of mine (also on here) but need to confirm if he still wants it. If anything changes, il let you know fella. Could always drop me a PM in a weeks time if you like to remind me as im currently having a few cold ones on holiday (not to make you lot jelous much) ;)

Elliott

• 3 weeks later...

Well that was my reason for doing it, and in theory, less back pressure and less resistance for exhaust gases, how could this fail? but i just didnt get on with it, plus i have a decat which had to come off while i ran it as this was rediculously loud, coming from a 22 year old too lol, as long as you are enjoying yours mate thats all that matters, everyones different right

As for selling the pipe, i have it off now and have a standard backbox back on in place. The pipe is suppost to be going to a mate of mine (also on here) but need to confirm if he still wants it. If anything changes, il let you know fella. Could always drop me a PM in a weeks time if you like to remind me as im currently having a few cold ones on holiday (not to make you lot jelous much) ;)

Elliott

theres a vid on utube of a tuning company doing diffrent mods and dynoing the car to see the gains it was a 130pd diesil leon which was similar lay out to the labia so cwould imagine it would have the same effect but when back box removed (mufflerectomy) a gain of 6.8bhp was shown on the dyno :p

theres a vid on utube of a tuning company doing diffrent mods and dynoing the car to see the gains it was a 130pd diesil leon which was similar lay out to the labia so cwould imagine it would have the same effect but when back box removed (mufflerectomy) a gain of 6.8bhp was shown on the dyno :p

decent gain to be honest then. Mine just felt slower with it, might have been that i could hear it more than i could before. If i could keep the same exhaust sound or increase it very slightly and have that extra 7hp id love it. I ran a decat at the same time and it sounded effing horrible. Plus the "owl let off" sound that everyone raves about gets on my t**s anyhow lol

• 1 year later...

Are there any guides for how to do it yourself? Or would you recommend getting it done professionally. Has anyone got any pictures of whats theres looks like? 

New to all this!

Mike 

• 4 weeks later...

Without sounding like a total n00b could someone explain a mufflerectomy to me please :)

Thanks

When the rear silencer is replaced with a pipe. Gives the car a throaty noise :)

aaah i see, i like the sound of this, what do powerflow quote? and are there any videos of fabs with them?

Lol @ Powerflow - they quoted me over £100 just to change the tip on my exhaust!

I paid £50 for my mufflerectomy with a tail pipe when I had one. This is what it sounded like

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/Dan_Ham/73B6147F-BFE0-4F4B-AF91-DFBF6AE7256A-6214-000005270396B141.mp4

Has anyone got anything on a 1.9 PD130 to backup or at least prove claims for this mod alone with a remap?

In terms of more power?

I never noticed anything but then I didn't do it for power. I didn't like the standard VRS tip and wanted a throatier sound :)