SD cards for Bolero radio

yoda47

Hi, according to the Bolero manual it will only accept an SD card not an SDHC one. Does anyone know where you can get such a beast, most websites only show SD cards for lower capacity, eg 4gb, I'd like at least 16gb. :wonder:

I use a PNY 16Gb SDHC card I bought from Play.com in June 2009 in my LE, it works just as well in Betty!. Have not tried the Play.com 16Gb but their 2/4Gb ones work no problem.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/0-/Search.html?searchtype=ELEC&searchsource=0&searchstring=SDHC

Sounds really daft, but choice of stereo (with SD) was a big part of my decision in getting another Skoda. Cannot live without my SD cards now. Car is littered with 2Gb, 4Gb & 16 Gb versions! Whoever dreamt up the Bloero with SD should get a huge pat on the back. Not 16Gb loaded with audio take a while to read.

Edited by VRS-LE-OCT-II
  • Like 1

32gb Verbatim Class 6 SDHC card here - no probs at all and as fast as Cavendish :)

Amy's getting a lot of plays this week :(

Oh, and on an unrelated topic - my rear (and bike rack) lights come on with the DRL's - is that unusual?

I got a 8Gb SDHC card from SRS Microsystems online and it works fine.

Have also used the same in satnav and other devices with no probes.

They are usually nearly half the price of branded names too!

My link

Oh, and on an unrelated topic - my rear (and bike rack) lights come on with the DRL's - is that unusual?

No it's normal if you have the lights on 'Automatic' with a 'trailer' plugged in. (With a Caravan behind it gives you DLRs all round !!)

Didn't someone find there was a maximum size that the system could read from an SD card?

I think it was 2000 tracks... nothing to do with card size (up to 32mb of course!).

From the Bolero handbook:

Memory card case: SD memory cards (“Secure Digital Memory

Cards”), SDHC (“Secure Digital High Capacity Card”) and MMC

(“Multimedia Cards”) measuring 32 mm x 24 mm x 2.1 mm and with

a capacity of up to 32 GB are available. The case for the memory card

is located under the display.

RTFM :rofl::thumbup:

Merlinman, the handbook only tells part of the story. The Bolero will read 32gb of data PROVIDING they information is in less than 2000 individual files. A 32gb Card will hold in excess of 4000 tracks ie 4000 files. The Bolero will only read and display about 2000 of these.

I've tested it in practise and had it confirmed by Skoda CZ. Try a search in the ICE and Insurance section I'm sure there is a mire detailed explanation on there.

Thanks for the clarification!

I'll check how many I can access on my card next time I venture into the garage. :thumbup:

Thanks- let me know how you get on I'd love to be able to use the whole 32 gb for music files. Sounds a bit sad I know but I did 25 years plus as a DJ and consequently have a wide taste in music and a big music collection.

Thanks- let me know how you get on I'd love to be able to use the whole 32 gb for music files. Sounds a bit sad I know but I did 25 years plus as a DJ and consequently have a wide taste in music and a big music collection.

Once again I'm astonished at the helpful replies from site members,you really do make a long wait that much more bearable :wub:

Hi There,

Purchased two of these and had NO trouble what so ever in a 2011 spec VRS. :thumbup:

http://www.storageoptions.com/products/flash-memory/16gb-memory-card

5 year warranty so no worries. :)

Plug it in create one folder on the card called music and then drag and drop all your music into that. If it is already ripped on your PC under artist, album and track it will be fine. The unit will display the artist/album and track info on the display (unlike it does with a cd !).

Not tried a 32gb card due to all the chatter of issues. Two 16gb cards offers more flexability if an error develops part way threw the card.

Cheers,

Julian.

Just been out there...

There is 27.6 gb of MP3's on that 32gb SDHC card and I seem to be able to access all of them. (My W7 Professional system wants to preserve 4+ gb for its own use!)

Can't explain this (having just ploughed through the whole thread in the ICE section) - I can only assume my Bolero HU (week 48/10) is one of the few that can read/play 32gb cards completely?

Another unexplained Skoda anomaly?

I only actually use the SD card when I've not got my 64gb iPod Touch connected via the MDI, btw.

I've no idea how many individual files (tracks/songs) I've got on there, but there's about 150 albums and I can play them all.

The unit will display the artist/album and track info on the display (unlike it does with a cd !).

Nope, you've just got old fashioned CDs then! The new CDs actually have a system in place to show artist, track and album just like an MP3 file. I did not know this either until I put a clever new CD in the Bolero!

Can anybody tell me how to be able to scroll though albums instead of having to scroll through all the tracks on one before I can get to the next one - I suspect it may be something to do with my method of loading the tracks, just copying them straight onto the SD card, should I have put them in 'files' first?