May be saying bye bye briskoda :(!

Should be dead easy for the dealer to find and cure then :) Door rattles should also be straighforward.

Give them their chance to sort it, write down everything that needs attention, give as much detail as possible. My sister was on the way to rejecting a Hyundai i20 that got through PDI with a sticking throttle :o the dealer took her rather more seriously when she started down that route.

Good luck, I hope that can get it sorted for you. There is nothing in your list that is not resolveable :)

Rattles: test drive, locate, resolve, repeat until gone.

Steering pulling hard to the left: tracking way off, rear beam misaligned/bent, defective tyres.

Wheels: Dealer talks to SUK, orders pair of MC wheels, swaps tyres onto new wheels.

Edited by Mike Wrightson

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be dead easy for the dealer to find and cure then :) Door rattles should also be straighforward.

Give them their chance to sort it, write down everything that needs attention, give as much detail as possible. My sister was on the way to rejecting a Hyundai i20 that got through PDI with a sticking throttle :o the dealer took her rather more seriously when she started down that route.

Good luck, I hope that can get it sorted for you. There is nothing in your list that is not resolveable :)

The only thing that is not resolveable is my trust in the dealership.

I'm going to give them a chance to 'fix it' and if they cant, they can quite happily take the car back and i'll look elsewhere. Least I can say i've owned a new car, even if it was an unpleasent experience lol :(

Fair play fella I'd deal with Whitedove as little as possible. As a sales team they're good, but aftersales is DIRE. I know, I've had 2 cars from them in the past. I think I was quoted a 1 month waiting list for a service!? I only bought my Octy with them because it was a good price.

I've now switched to have all my service work done at Capitol in Newport. Seriously these guys are spot on, and customer service is great. I know you'll probably stay away from Skoda after this but if you do decide to stick with another I'd go and see the guys there honestly.

I've spoken to Capitol and going to get the car booked in there to be looked at, going off the car a bit with all the issues it's had but going to hang in there and see how it is. Dont wanna be paying finance for 3 years if the car has issues that cant be sorted.

I'm sure Capitol will be more helpful, plus if you do keep the car you'll probably take in there in future for servicing etc, so they'll get your business, an incentive for them to do a better job than Whitedove. I'm sure it can all be rectified but I do really see why you've gone off it! Maybe once its all sorted out you'll learn to love it again, hope so.

Really hope it's sorted for you soon. As I've said before I've yet to hear good things from White Dove and my experiences of them haven't been brilliant either. Make sure when this is all over to say in the dealer section EXACTLY what you think of them. Disgraceful behaviour :thumbdown:

It's not unusual for a new engine to use a bit of oil as it loosens up. If it really has stopped using it now, then that issue has sorted itself out naturally.

Your engine rattle is what mine does, it's done it from not long after it was new and hasn't caused any other problem other than being a bit irritating. It's not the engine itself, I lifted the bonnet while it was doing it and it's not coming from there. I'm sure it's something like a pipe or something in the dash resonating from the low idle. It should be known to Skoda by now and should be an easy fix if it is. I haven't bothered to mention it to the dealer as they are 40 miles away from me and I can't be bothered taking it back and forth for a few weeks for them to try and fix a rattle that isn't always there.

Hello Mike, Adam, I can't be sure from the video noise but it does sound like a noise I had on my car and on my neighbours TSI. Both now cured! It was the AIR INDUCTION PIPE resonating in the air intake housing where it joins the back of the front grille. It's hard to detect but with Skoda I managed to find it with the help of a factory tech guy. The noise is transmitted up the air induction pipe to the bulkhead and into the dash area. It sounds like a loose pipe or cable rattling against the bulkhead or inside of the dash area at certain revs or tickover. It starts to get worse too as the induction pipe settles into it's housing. It's he most irritating noise you can have, apart for the big ends going!!! I did post sometime ago about this and posted a cure too. See link below. It's worked for loads of you guys with the TSI too as well as diesel heads like me.

Rattle from dash? click here...

THE PLUMBER posted a really good picture, much better than mine, of his TSI with the problem area shown and with it fixed....

Edited by Estate Man

You must involve the finance co they are as equally if not more liable than the supplying dealer. I am surprised if you have not been advised of this.

It may ne worth having a look at the "honest john" website and the legal backroom there. Lucy BC may be prepared to represent your case. Similar ones are mentioned there.

Good luck.

I too bought a brand new car 2 years ago. Not bad but far off perfect that it should be. In future I will stick to buying 3yr plus cars.

Finance company been notified as has dealer principle and oddly White dove have suddenly started to be decent. The dealership owner has been out test driving my car to make sure its completely sorted for when I get it back tomorrow. Will be the deciding factor on my drive home over some nice awful Cardiff roads.. see if mr rattle comes back! Its defo ruined buying a new car but guess I just need to get on with it now

I've just come across this thread after being away for a while and I must say it struck an immediate chord.

My wife's TSI has drunk oil since day 1 (as I have posted several times before) and has EXACTLY the same noises coming from the front of the vehicle as described here. The dealer can find nothing wrong and infers its her "girlie" imagination.

I'm sorry to say that in our experience over the past 12 months with this vehicle that both the Fabia 2 and the TSI is a crock. I wish she had stayed with her old Fabia 1 which did her good service.

We are currently looking at alternatives for her - NOT Skoda.

Edited by Minimoke

With reference to the rattle I've had a struggle with a local dealer who refused to accept there was a rattle because they weren't getting paid for diagnosing it! After a number of short roadtests I've found the polystyrene cover under the lower glove box was vibrating. I have removed it and there is no more rattle, took me 20 minutes to find and rectify it but Wings at Peterborough had it 5 times and couldn't do it.

I hope you don't have to. Glad to hear your dealership has finally done something, let's hope everything is sorted out properly, not that they should have released the car to you in that state in the first place ...meanwhile enjoy your courtesy Roomster! :)

Aye nae bother

· Car pulls to the left (you have to hold wheel to right to stop it doing so)

· Dashboard rattles badly in front passenger side near airbag?

· Rear passenger door card rattles badly/buzzes

· Drivers door card rattles/buzzes

· Engine buzzes/makes noises when idling which in turn is a VERY loud noise within the cabin

· Air conditioning unit ‘whines’ when switched on and your driving

· Delivered with wrong spec (Maxidot – not informed)

· Left alloys are VRS, right alloys are Monte Carlo

· Oil useage

I also never want to have to return to that dealership in my life... the way I've been spoken to on the phone on several occasions has been disgusting.

Hi adamc260,

I empathise with you as picking up a new car should be a really nice experience. Sorry to hear in your case its been rather marred. However (and this may sound a little harsh - isnt meant to) having read about your car having the wrong wheels I just cannot understand why you didnt spot it, signed the paperwork and drove off with it.

I always make sure I look over a car in detail before I accept it, in fact I had a good look around our car before it was prepped to ensure there was no damage and the spec looked right. You should never have left the showroom with it in my opinion, by signing on the dotted line and driving away your basically saying you are happy with the car and that will be ammo the dealership would use against you should you persue rejection of the car.

As to the other issues it would appear some cars are bolted together better than others; just luck of the draw. Whilst Skoda's are pretty solid (as are all VAG group products) I wouldnt go as far to say that they are fantasitcally built. They are cheap cars produced in Eastern Europe and I think you can only expect so much from one. In any case all of the issues can be rectified; just leave it with the dealership and dont take it home until you are 100% happy with it.