my insurance is renewed...

I was really worried about this, as when renewal date was approaching, I was phoning around for quotes, 2 companies denied me, one said "we will only insure up to group 20 for driving schools" which was a worry, as I was hoping my current company had my car details right, as they didn't make a charge when I changed cars! said "classed the same as your fiat was Mr Turner..."

the other wouldn't insure me as they said they insure "part time" instructors :(

anyway, renewal has come through, ans thank god they have all the right details, and its £351 !! bargin :thumbup:

company ia Allianz :)

Mine was £331 with Admiral.

I am 28 years old with 5 years NCB and license holder since 2003.

(Had a bump in 2007, but that's 4 years ago, so Admiral didn't ask about it (>3 years))

Was going to be £490 to insure a group 16 Seat Ibiza FR TDI PD130 bizarrely, and the Fabia is leagues faster... (and Group 27...)

I used a compare site to get an idea how much more the vRS would be compared to my 107 using the figure given by my current insurer.

The difference was only £150 which I don't think is too bad. I'll be looking at £400-£450 as according to that insurance postcode checker elsewhere on this site i'm in a "bad" D area, which is nonsense. :'(

just got mine with Axa a couple of weeks ago £233 :rofl::dull: with AXA includes protected NCB and Legal cover. 51 with 10 years NCB. I had a 8 year old 1.2 Ibiza with about 70 bhp and they wanted £260 to cover that. Don't ask me how insurance works how can a brand new VRS be £30 cheaper than a dog slow old seat. :no:

all good priced peoples :) mine has to be specialst though... I'm 41 with full NCB, off road parking in safe area..

any driver for tuition purposes , full professional indemnity and leagal, physical injury cover, any driver over 25 on their own, and me to drive any other car, covered for business use and commuting as well as sd&p :thumbup:

all good priced peoples :) mine has to be specialst though... I'm 41 with full NCB, off road parking in safe area..

any driver for tuition purposes , full professional indemnity and leagal, physical injury cover, any driver over 25 on their own, and me to drive any other car, covered for business use and commuting as well as sd&p :thumbup:

Seen you I Workington a couple of days ago couldn't belive any one would use a VRS as an instructor car. If someone passes their test in it can they still drive a manual or just an automatic.

just got mine with Axa a couple of weeks ago £233 :rofl::dull: with AXA includes protected NCB and Legal cover. 51 with 10 years NCB. I had a 8 year old 1.2 Ibiza with about 70 bhp and they wanted £260 to cover that. Don't ask me how insurance works how can a brand new VRS be £30 cheaper than a dog slow old seat. :no:

I think in your case it is the fact that the newer car has a lot more safety features like airbags and ESP etc. Being 51 means you are less likely to be a boy racer :giggle:

Whether you have a 70HP Ibiza or vRS makes no real difference if you hit a Ferrari. :rofl:

I'm 21 with 1yr no claims no accidents fully comp for £800. Think its well good considering my 90bhp Ibiza was 1200 :/ and cars like civic type r and clios were 2000

Mines a vrs aswell forgot to mention that

Edited by P1TT8ULL

Eeeemmmm make your own mind up on that one :giggle:

5888650657_eba379d4e9_z.jpg

Ha! I remember a bloke I used to work with collecting and delivering hire cars. He was 65 and a complete ( but very skilful) nutter behind the wheel. His nickname was Schumacher.

I'm 21 with 1yr no claims no accidents fully comp for £800. Think its well good considering my 90bhp Ibiza was 1200 :/ and cars like civic type r and clios were 2000

That is a great price in this climate mate. :thumbup: When I was 24 with 1yr NCB, I was paying ~£650 for a Ford KA!

Shark,

I'm an ADI as well. Who do you use, i'm with waveney atm but am due for renewal next month hopefully it will coincide with the arrival of my monte...

Edited by Dasher123

Shark,

I'm an ADI as well. Who do you use, i'm with waveney atm but am due for renewal next month hopefully it will coincide with the arrival of my monte...

instructorcoverplus (watkin Davies) underwritten by allianz.... they are very good.

53 same cover as you living in norwich low rate postcode aera £100 excess AXA 271.00 what is your excess

Mines a vrs aswell forgot to mention that

Wow thats great!!

same thing with me, charged me £36 for moving address. My renewal quote was over £3000 :rofl: :rofl: they said thats the best they could do, and couldnt explain it when i said they are quoting £743 on comaprethemarket.com. Im changing insurance instead, had loads of cheaper quotes than admiral, and that renewal annoyed me as a regular customer.