opening Electric folding mirrors with key remote?

Hi,

Is there a way to open the electric folding mirrors with the key fob? like when you hold the lock key on the fob the mirrors automatically fold in, is there a way in the vcds to make them unfold when holding the unlock button?

one more thing why do the puddle/entry lights only switch on when the mirrors are in open position, i wish they switched on also in the closed position :doh: anyway to make them do that?

Thanks..

Edited by insane79

no one knows?

Have you connected your car to VCDS, to see what options are available? Can't say I've noticed any mirror-related options, but then I don't think I've connected to an FL car with folding mirrors....

I've got these and the only way I know of opening them is by opening the drivers door. I'd like to know the answer to this too!

Mac

well does your mirrors open asoon as you open the driver door or after you turn on the ignition, mine comes on after the ignition is switched on..

Thanks..

I've got these and the only way I know of opening them is by opening the drivers door. I'd like to know the answer to this too!

Mac

Can u PLEASE post a vcds scan of your driver + passenger door..

Thanks

Have you connected your car to VCDS, to see what options are available? Can't say I've noticed any mirror-related options, but then I don't think I've connected to an FL car with folding mirrors....

I am pretty sure there is no option, I looked to see if the Superb's mirrors could be automatically folded in whenever the car is locked (without keeping the 'lock' button on the remote pressed) but I found nothing in VCDS.

Not quite why the OP would want to to it it TBH as the moment you need to use the mirrors - when you turn the ignition on, they unfold anyway.

I am pretty sure there is no option, I looked to see if the Superb's mirrors could be automatically folded in whenever the car is locked (without keeping the 'lock' button on the remote pressed) but I found nothing in VCDS.

Not quite why the OP would want to to it it TBH as the moment you need to use the mirrors - when you turn the ignition on, they unfold anyway.

yes even i didnt notice any thing in the vcds, i want it to open with remote so that i can use my puddle lights for car entry, they don't come on when the mirrors are folded :S

Thanks..

@mac1961

Can you please confirm that your mirrors fold out when you open the drivers door ...!!!

As we had tried to do this on insane's car but they only unfold when u insert the key in the ignition ...which is factory standard

@mac1961

Can you please confirm that your mirrors fold out when you open the drivers door ...!!!

As we had tried to do this on insane's car but they only unfold when u insert the key in the ignition ...which is factory standard

Hi,

I have a 2011 Octavia vRS and confirm they unfold when you open the drivers door.

Hi,

I have a 2011 Octavia vRS and confirm they unfold when you open the drivers door.

u got the electric folding mirros? it opens asoon as u open the door? i thought the only way to open them was by the inside switch or when ignition is switched on.

did you get it this way from the factory or u did some settings in the vcds?

Thanks..

Edited by insane79

Can't say for the Octavia but for my Seat Leon the mirrors fold in when I hold the Close button on my remote but not on the open button, only when I start the engine will they fold out. I'm guessing its the same with the octavia as it will use the same system.

Silly question, which models have the electric folding mirrors? Just ordered a vrs after reading this I wondered if it has them, doesn't seem to mention them on any model on the skoda website.

Silly question, which models have the electric folding mirrors? Just ordered a vrs after reading this I wondered if it has them, doesn't seem to mention them on any model on the skoda website.

Oh you are opening a can of worms there :giggle: :giggle:

VRS doesnt have electric folding mirrors. there is a thread somewhere on it :rofl:

Oh you are opening a can of worms there :giggle: :giggle:

VRS doesnt have electric folding mirrors. there is a thread somewhere on it :rofl:

Apologies for misleading / giving false hope to potential vRS owners - I managed to get the folding mirrors on mine as a special order item via my dealer (Citygate Colidale) - but it seems that everyone else that has asked has been told 'no chance'.

So I was lucky - and they do fold out on opening of drivers door.

Ahh yes - thought you were the one vRS person with this! Excellent work getting that specced; seems to have baffled all other dealers since!!!

• 3 months later...

Apologies for misleading / giving false hope to potential vRS owners - I managed to get the folding mirrors on mine as a special order item via my dealer (Citygate Colidale) - but it seems that everyone else that has asked has been told 'no chance'.

So I was lucky - and they do fold out on opening of drivers door.

What was the salesman's name please? Maybe he could tell us all on here how to do this special order that seems to have been beyond many other Skoda dealers? :D

If you look at the data sticker in the front of your service book, one of the 3 digit codes will mean 'folding mirrors' and once we've got that they can possibly be ordered.

I think the code is PW9.

Hi,

I have a completely standard MY2011 L&K - the mirrors extend when I open the drivers door. They also fold when I either turn the mirror switch to the right position or hold down the lock button on the fob.

Simon

Hi,

I have a completely standard MY2011 L&K - the mirrors extend when I open the drivers door. They also fold when I either turn the mirror switch to the right position or hold down the lock button on the fob.

Simon

Now my Superb is different - mirrors fold out when I put the ignition on. Mirror switch and holding of key lock also do it.

If anyone else does manage to get folding mirrors on a vRS then please post in this or another thread.

Mainly because if they do I will be getting in touch with SUK to tear them a new one.