DELAMINATING DISC PADS

on a recent trip into town , i was slightly disturbed by a sudden loss of brake pedal!!!

having only days before rotated my wheels i checked the condition of brake pads and fluid levels,all ok.

after pumping the pedal returned,and so i drove home "very slowly"

next day checked my brakes and discovered that front nearside outer disc pad was missing!!

the shoe was still there but not the block??????? so my question is has anybody else experienced this(couldnt find any threads)and what caused it?is it cheap immitation parts?

i have had the car for about 2 years and have not changed any brake parts,so cannot speak for theyre authenticity,there were no ident marks left visible(corrosion),the other 3 pads were all ok with a good 8mm thickness and fairly even wear ,i am puzzelled to say the least

I'm sure this would not happen with OE or quality pads. You had best change all 4 as a precaution if you don't know what was on there when you bought the car.

This happened to me, I had EBC Greenstuff pads fitted!

I'm sure this would not happen with OE or quality pads. You had best change all 4 as a precaution if you don't know what was on there when you bought the car.

Not really if its happened to somebody with ebc green pads as there a top quality pad.

Strange expeience for the op tho

During a service, our garage stripped the brakes from my mums car. He found that the OEM pads (Pagid) on the front had started to de-laminate. He changed them to standard Mintex and we have not had any more problems.

I've heard of the green ebc pads falling apart before on a number of forums a few years ago.

Buy OEM pads would be my bet.

My EBC Greens are perfectly OK. I have then on all round.

one of my rears came adrift, it stayed in position as it's trapped as far as falling out is concerned, but judging by the rusty backplate it had been like it quite a while. I found it whilst investigating an increasingly noticeable "jingling" noise . This was a mintex pad.