DVDs on Columbus

I thought I read somewhere that you can watch DVDs on the Columbus sat nav. But I can't find any reference to it. Is this possible if so does require any special modifications or is it straight forward? Have had 13th Sept as a confirmed delivery date for the car.

Yes, the Columbus plays DVDs. Just insert and away you go. Once you drive off however, the screen goes blank but the audio continues. This is a legal requirement.

Is there a speed it cuts off at, like the seatbelt chime on my Octavia only goes off over 16mph (I know I'm sad but to some people these things are worth knowing!!!)

As soon as you drive off, i.e., any motion at all.

Ray

The car has to be moving. You can moving for example on a ferry or eurostar and the dvd will continue playing. There is supposed to be a way to keep the playback going whilst driving but I've never felt the need to test it.

The car has to be moving. You can moving for example on a ferry or eurostar and the dvd will continue playing. There is supposed to be a way to keep the playback going whilst driving but I've never felt the need to test it.

No, and I honestly cannot see why anyone would want to.

I put allowing video playback on the Columbus while in motion as crazy as say removing the front seatbelts - both are goona get you killed.

If you want to view films while the car is moving, there is a plug at the back of the unit (ive been told) but this for linking to another screen, which by law and common sense should not be able to be seen by the driver ie fit the screen in the back seat

The 3814 Firmware is full of bugs and quiet old, the current 3980 is much better.

The 3814 you have must be hacked already since no firmware out of the box allows DVD playback on the go as its illegal across the whole EU for the front screen to show DVD / Video. If you are caught the fine and charge of driving without due care will leave you banned from driving for at least 3 months in the UK.

If you are caught the fine and charge of driving without due care will leave you banned from driving for at least 3 months in the UK.

If you are prosecuted for due care the penalty includes an endorsement of between 3 and 9 points, or a discretionary disqualification, I'm not aware of any offence which carries a mandatory ban of at least 3 months

It cuts off at 5mph i found. i also have the hacked firmware.

Drivers choice.

Speeding is illegal but that doesn't stop people from doing it. Pays your money, takes your choice.

LOL - But as everyone keeps on saying "Speed doesn't kill - bad driving does".

Guess what watching a film while you are driving does - causes extremely bad driving.

Sorry, but if you play DVD's in the front of the car while in motion you're a ******* ****.

LOL - But as everyone keeps on saying "Speed doesn't kill - bad driving does".

Guess what watching a film while you are driving does - causes extremely bad driving.

Sorry, but if you play DVD's in the front of the car while in motion you're a ******* ****.

If yoy look at it as the driver, you are a bad driver! But what if your passenger wants to look?

If you see a pretty women, are you forced to look? Do we have to forbid pretty ladies as well?

---

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i actually look more on the screen while in navigation than on video when i`m driving.

i look when i stop at traffic lights.

it is not for me when i`m driving but the passengers i`m carrying

If yoy look at it as the driver, you are a bad driver! But what if your passenger wants to look?

If you see a pretty women, are you forced to look? Do we have to forbid pretty ladies as well?

---

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cannot stop yourself from looking!

This is why it is illegal to do - it might be for your "passenger" but the fact the driver can see it makes it illegal.

You cannot stop yourself from looking!

This is why it is illegal to do - it might be for your "passenger" but the fact the driver can see it makes it illegal.

Ok, we understand you do not approve. It is not going to stop us doing or discussing it

• 1 month later...

If you want to view films while the car is moving, there is a plug at the back of the unit (ive been told) but this for linking to another screen, which by law and common sense should not be able to be seen by the driver ie fit the screen in the back seat

Does anyone have any info on how to link the Columbus to rear screen for little passengers in the back?

(Please don't turn this into a debate on the ethics of parents who decide to allow their children to watch the occasional movie on long car trips - there is already a thread on this forum for that! Thank you.)