32Gb Class 10 SD card mega-bargain

Brimma

• 2 weeks later...

They were selling these even cheaper a couple of months back, I bought two for £20!!

Sadly, they are crap.

One died the first time I tried to load anything onto it, and the other locks up if you try and transfer large files; it looks like the controller circuitry on the cards is dodgy, as afterwards it would only transfer data at 1MBPS instead of the 10+ MBPS a class 10 card should give.

They were selling these even cheaper a couple of months back, I bought two for £20!!

Sadly, they are crap.

One died the first time I tried to load anything onto it, and the other locks up if you try and transfer large files; it looks like the controller circuitry on the cards is dodgy, as afterwards it would only transfer data at 1MBPS instead of the 10+ MBPS a class 10 card should give.

Did you post any feedback on your issues?

It would be worthwhile doing so, as all the reviews I read were positive

• 3 weeks later...

Just to follow-up on this. Ordered one and it seems fine and so far so good!!!

Thanks for pointing it out Brimma - good man! :thumbup:

HTH :)

I can't believe that that card has a bigger memory than the hard drive on my first Time tower, which had 27Gb :o

I did post a "neutral" feedback comment; the cards arrived quickly, and the first replacement card was dealt with without problems; sadly it was the day I was leaving for China that the 2nd card started playing up (literally an hour before leaving the house); my netbook doesnt have the info on the purchase, so I cannot quote order numbers etc to back up any complaint.

The replacement card is so far behaving itself, although I am avoiding stressing the controller and only loading files in small batches, and not the 25GB folder that killed the first one and damaged the second.

• 3 months later...

HTH :)

I can't believe that that card has a bigger memory than the hard drive on my first Time tower, which had 27Gb :o

My first PC had a 2Gb hard drive. My old digital camera has more memory than.

My first PC had a 2Gb hard drive. My old digital camera has more memory than.

My first PC had 105MB hard disk. A 386 DX40 (oohh 32bit computing!!) with 1MB of RAM. Floppy disk, no sound card (bought a sound blaster II), no CD ROM. Cost £1200 !! Bought it as I was at Uni doing Software Engineering. Ahh, those were the days :rofl:

Also had a "TURBO" button so you could switch between a clock speed of 8MHz and a flat out 40MHz!

My first PC had 105MB hard disk. A 386 DX40 (oohh 32bit computing!!) with 1MB of RAM. Floppy disk, no sound card (bought a sound blaster II), no CD ROM. Cost £1200 !! Bought it as I was at Uni doing Software Engineering. Ahh, those were the days :rofl:

Also had a "TURBO" button so you could switch between a clock speed of 8MHz and a flat out 40MHz!

Storage is crazy these days, my first Mac must have been around the same time as your PC - 16MHz, 8MB RAM and an 80MB hard drive! Even flash storage in the last few years, I think I have an old 512MB SD card kicking about from a Windows Mobile smartphone (if you could call it that!), it can't be any more than 5 years old.

Shall order a nice cheap 32GB card next week I think.

samuir1974, did you ever get your car back?

Edited by seaweasel

Storage is crazy these days, my first Mac must have been around the same time as your PC - 16MHz, 8MB RAM and an 80MB hard drive! Even flash storage in the last few years, I think I have an old 512MB SD card kicking about from a Windows Mobile smartphone (if you could call it that!), it can't be any more than 5 years old.

Nah - scumbags did a good job in getting rid of it! :'(

Shame - such a nice motor too :thumbup:

Your right, its crazy. Back in the day some of the equipment I worked on had 16K RAM modules that were the size of a toaster !

Nah - scumbags did a good job in getting rid of it! :'(

Shame - such a nice motor too :thumbup:

Ah that sucks.

Quick question for you all. Do the Skoda systems use filenames or ID3 tags for music read from the SD slot?

Edited by seaweasel

My first PC had an external 20MB HDD, but did have a massive 512KB of RAM inside. (I still have both, although I did upgrsde the HDD to a massive 200MB) Re my previous post, my card reader died shortly after arriving in China, so the dead and damaged cards may have been caused by that, and not a dodgy onboard controller. I will update after sorting out my main PC and testing the cards on the built in card reader.