Noisy suspension!

LXI

Ok query about Fabia suspension noise.

When driving along on some roads the car creaks and groans something awful but it doesn't do it all the time.Also sometimes you get a loud bang, like you've run over something horrendous but theres nothing there!

The car itself is 2000 plate so out of warrenty, so no luck there.

Is it expensive to sort out/

:eek:

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

You may have a problem with your shocks. Don't think its something to worry about too much though, just get it checked.

I lowered my car. Got it done at the Skoda dealer here in Dubai. When I turn the steering wheel it makes a very faint 'knock' noise. Got it checked but the service manager told me it was nothing to worry about at all, so I'm taking his word for it as a client & a friend.

My fabia has a creaky right nearside when negotiating anything other than a perfectly flat surface.

Due in for its 10k service next month so will get it checked and report back.

If it is at the front it could be the anti-rollbar bushes or the link.

If you change them yourself, speak to the dealer to ensure you get the latest ones available.

Dougal

My fabia has a creaky right nearside when negotiating anything other than a perfectly flat surface.

Due in for its 10k service next month so will get it checked and report back.

I this last week and it was the link from the anti-roll bar' date=' ten minute repair on it and now my suspension is much quieter. I attribute it to all the speed humps I drive over everyday to get into work - 35 in total.

Des[/quote']

The same as my wife's. Had the noise for a few weeks and got it seen to. The link to the anti-roll bar was loose. Perhaps it could become a general problem (?)

• 4 months later...

I have just encountered this problem with my Fabia. The mechanic (non-skoda dealer - thank christ!) is currently trying to locate the part. Apparently even Skoda dealers are out of stock on this part at the mo which points to an inherent fault with car in my opinion....

Drop links are common.

Also on the Fabia the collar on the ARB cracks and comes loose. This means the anti roll bar slides sideways and knocks on he subframe. New arb required, but the kit complete with bushes and brackets is under

• 11 months later...