Piper Exhaust

Love the look of yours Mark, sounds sweet too. I like the exit, not a fan of OO one.

Cheers Billy, It sounds a lot louder now with the decat fitted. Not so much at tickover, but when you give it some very nice.....Love tunnels :giggle:

The only alternative would be a polyurethane (or however it is spelt :p ) one, if such a thing exists. Problem is that they tend to transfer a lot of vibration. As I mentioned it is a simple 5 minute job, no need to jack the car up and only costs a few quid.

Being rubber I guess it is generally just the conditions that the car is subjected to rather than any particular driving style as to how long they last.

I don't think the exhaust is particularly heavy, my OEM one was more out of place, I just wanted it to look right. Plus the OO design fills the bumper cut out nicely bit only if positioned correctly. Also you can see the Y section where the pipe splits into the two outlets if it hangs too low which looks rubbish.

I like Bowders single exit too, I just wasn't sure how it would fill the cut out so went for the twin as I had seen that on an Octy and knew it looked good.

Quite funny that the original is a twin pipe that goes to a single exit, now I have a single pipe that goes to a twin exit :p

As you mentioned I was looking for poly hangers, trouble is you will transmit more vibs through chassis the more you stabilize the exhaust, I now gets some vibs through center section.

Also I have added cable ties to pick up rear box more as if it gets lower you see the single pipe from the back end which is crud. even with new hangers does not lift it enough, so will be finding some alternative hangers soon. I think my center rubber mount is worn which probably causes more movement than it should.

New rear hanger fitted and it's much better. I lent my proper jack and axle stands to a mate so can't get to the middle one at the moment to change it.

6101245962_405a59f2c4_b.jpg

6100699613_fe70a75a4b_b.jpg

6101245498_0d98f24063_b.jpg

6100699053_c56463ea7e_b.jpg

6101244150_949180af88_b.jpg

No videos yet - haven't driven the car for a while as I'm waiting for the damaged wheel to come back from repair.

My mechanic must have had a really slack day - damaged the wheel, did the WOF wrong and I noticed last night he'd only tightened seven of the eight nuts on the centre exhaust mount. Not good.

that sounds awesome !! i know people said that with it having no silencer it would be slighty deeper in tone but to me thats quite deep even when u rev it up it still stays quite deep once my hoilday is finished will be saving the money up for an exhaust as my current exhaust is only holding on by its backbox hangers

Really nice system that Rob!

Is the 2.5" system enough flow even for a tuned car? I know alot of people go 3", so I'm just asking as I plan to go hybrid and I'm looking for something future-proof.

I don't think you need to go to 3" until you're running really huge power.

Though a replacement downpipe would be a very good idea.

Loving the exhaust - it's almost silent cruising at 100kph but when accelerating it sounds awesome. Just what I wanted.

Will do better vids soon :)

Maybe try not to blow the (phone) camera over with the exhaust fumes :D

Thats the way its done ;)

I think my one sounds great and then I hear it from outside the car when someone else drives it and it is :wub::D

Childishly I think my favorite thing about it is when you change up at mid to high revs and you get that distinctive *fwaaarrrp* sound :nerd:

Thats the way its done ;)

I think my one sounds great and then I hear it from outside the car when someone else drives it and it is :wub::D

Childishly I think my favorite thing about it is when you change up at mid to high revs and you get that distinctive *fwaaarrrp* sound :nerd:

Haha yeah that's loud! :D

I've just got one of these priced up, after getting some more basic stuff like new front brake calipers sorted and new front arb bushes and wishbones with ball joints I'm due a new exhaust these sound the dogs danglies!

It's been mentioned the sounds changes as the system beds in, is this the case?

I've just got one of these priced up, after getting some more basic stuff like new front brake calipers sorted and new front arb bushes and wishbones with ball joints I'm due a new exhaust these sound the dogs danglies!

It's been mentioned the sounds changes as the system beds in, is this the case?

Yes mine did. The exhaust gets a little deeper sounding as the exhaust carbons up the inside and seals better.

I need to post up a recent sound clip as since had a decat fitted and it sounds awesome now :thumbup:

Last one. It's a bit wobbly as it's taken with my phone sitting in a phone holder.

First bit is at 50kph, followed by a bit of a squirt on a back road with windows down, taking it a bit easy as it was damp.

Then up to the motorway with windows up, followed by a few seconds at 100kph to show how quiet it is!

Then a quick blast under a bridge with the windows down for grin factor.

• Like 1

Rob,

Those vid clips are cool, the tunnel bit was very "boy racer" lol. Was the camera bolted to a headrest ?.

Your roads out there are missing the most fun bit "POT HOLES" !!!!!!!!! i dont think.

The exhaust does sound sweet, I noticed you can hear the DV, I have a forge one fitted (recirc') but have never heard it

make any noise like yours does. Spose its to do with the remap do you think??, mine is still std map.

They are pretty good here at fixing the potholes when they appear. And of course there are a lot fewer cars on the roads here to wear them out.

My DV is fairly loud - mainly because of the Carbonio CAI, but also my stage 2 map runs 21PSI of boost compared to the standard 10ish.

The DV is also relocated to the cold side of the intercooler but that didn't seem to change the sound much.

It's a Bailey DV30 so similar to the Forge 007P.