VRS rear mudflaps

washed the car today and after bending down to clean the bumper bit underneath I was amazed how many stone chips are there with only 2900 miles on it :(

been looking and can not find any rear mudflaps for the new vrs....does anybody know of any what will fit with a bit of alteration please

• Like 1

Unsure about estates but the standard octavia hatchback ones fit a vrs hatchback. Dealers will tell you they don't (mind did) but they do without almost no persuasion. You can almost talk them on!

• Like 1

These are pre-facelift flaps (squarer profile). The FL ones are more rounded.

The reason they state that they don't fit the vRS is because that is what Skoda claim and is probably mentioned on the packaging.

However with some 'gentle persuasion' they can be made to fit.

Edited by silver1011

does that also work for the pre f/l model 2008 cars also.

Yep! Another vote for standard ones here as they came fitted to my car when I bought it second hand! Do a great job too from what I can tell so far!

Indeed put min on teh other day, only thing I found difficult was the middle two screws, took them out of the arch liner offered up the flap, the top one married up perfectly, and then obviously the bottom one that you make yourself, but the middle two didnt seem to line up, so just used teh top and bottom one screwed them up tight and they aint going anywhere, but just wondered what others had done for the middle screws??

But they look good on the car, only minor criticism is they sit quite proud of the bumper, but I presume they would give better protection like that...?

Mine don't seem to sit proud of the bumper, as you can (or should I say cannot!) see from this photo:

c2377887.jpg

They just seem to sit quite close to the tyre on mine. There's about a 2 inch gap, but still!

Edit: Although I suppose one could say they do sit proud of the bumper, I just personally think that's the job of them! Otherwise there's no real point having them! lol!

Edited by AshGSmith

Yes thats how mine sit, just seem quite proud if you see what I mean, all other cars that have had OEM flaps have seemed to sit more flush, but better for protection I suppose, so no majot worries, just wanted to make sure I had them on right.

• Like 1

As mentioned above the standard ones fit...

img20110513184028.jpg

img20110513184108.jpg

Photo's courtesy of FUBAR.

Woohoo my mobile phone snaps come in useful again I only recognise mine as I seem to always have the time to take them at work :D

I just wacked mine on more or less without taking rear wheels off (which would be easier to get them on but couldn't be assed taking the things off) I got mine from a Skoda dealers that sells parts on Ebay too :D I am at 3500 miles now 3000 of which with flaps on and they still allow crud to get on sides of rear bumper if car was lowered this wouldn't happen but a 3/4 less than went on it before! Mine are fitted into the holes as they are meant to be so they are in the correct position

These are pre-facelift flaps (squarer profile). The FL ones are more rounded.

The reason they state that they don't fit the vRS is because that is what Skoda claim and is probably mentioned on the packaging.

However with some 'gentle persuasion' they can be made to fit.

Curious - as far as I am aware the Facelift models bumper profile is identical to the MKII pre facelift........

These are for MkII 2004 onwards which >should< be identical.............unless someone with EKTA can confirm otherwise?

Curious - as far as I am aware the Facelift models bumper profile is identical to the MKII pre facelift........

These are for MkII 2004 onwards which >should< be identical.............unless someone with EKTA can confirm otherwise?

Yes, they should fit, as you say the profile of the mudflap that touches the car is the same.

The 'different profile' I was referring to is the outer edge. On the pre-FL it is quite square.

On the FL they changed the profile slightly to soften it up and make it more rounded.

Yes, they should fit, as you say the profile of the mudflap that touches the car is the same.

The 'different profile' I was referring to is the outer edge. On the pre-FL it is quite square.

On the FL they changed the profile slightly to soften it up and make it more rounded.

Not according to SUK and EKTA who state there is no difference - same part numbers..................

I believe the FL mud flaps have an A at the end of the part No. As they are different.

I fitted mine after leaving them in a bucket of hot water while i took the wheels off and they moulded quite easy.

I and many have the square profile. Regardless of which you have they are pretty useless anyway!

Those Rally flaps look hideous imo :giggle:

Definitely a difference. Don't trust Skoda UK, they can't even get a 10 page brochure right.

OctaviaRearMudflaps.jpg

the std bumper on the mk11 f/l looks the same as the mk11 vrs pre f/l bumper so the would the later ones fit on a early mk11 vrs ???

as they look better.

I and many have the square profile. Regardless of which you have they are pretty useless anyway!

Those Rally flaps look hideous imo :giggle:

Its all about protection for me tbh, the plan is to use them over winter with snow tyres and run without during the summer. Since they have been fitted the dirt up the side has greatly reduced.

I am a little young for black plastic mud flaps like they have on rovers etc purpose over style