Bad news on new vRS

The What Car Geneva show artical has this to say under Skoda;

'Best bit of Skoda gossip?

The Czechs have had to postpone go-faster vRS versions of the Octavia while they fast-track development of more important new models, such as the Yeti and new Fabia supermini due next year.'

I hope it is wrong.

The What Car Geneva show artical has this to say under Skoda;

'Best bit of Skoda gossip?

The Czechs have had to postpone go-faster vRS versions of the Octavia while they fast-track development of more important new models' date=' such as the Yeti and new Fabia supermini due next year.'

I hope it is wrong.[/quote']

:eek: :thumbdwn: :confused: :eek: :thumbdwn: :confused: :finger:

I reckon that's nonsense and definately just gossip.

I reckon the vRS has been ready to go since the golf gti was launched.VW not wanting everyone to buy the skoda over their precious( but yummy) baby.

For goodness sake they have the engine and car.Can't take that much to fit them together :D

I reckon that's nonsense and definately just gossip.

I reckon the vRS has been ready to go since the golf gti was launched.VW not wanting everyone to buy the skoda over their precious( but yummy) baby.

For goodness sake they have the engine and car.Can't take that much to fit them together :D

I don't normally reply to rumours, but I will to this because I heard some 'news' earlier this week that concurs with lozgti.

I was told by a VAG employee who works at their HQ here in Milton Keynes that the Top Brass there are already driving around MK and surrounding area in unbadged vRS's (he said three or four are there) with a launch due this autumn. Of course until Skoda announce it, it's all hearsay but I personally believe what I was told. My local dealer says the same for launch time with prices between

to be honest, surely someone would have spoted the car if people were driving them!

surely they look quite different from an ordinary octy II. at least i hope so;)

Not really, it's not that hard to take off spoilers and badges, change wheels etc. Unless you look really close you would write it off as just another new Octy.

Of course the ultimate Q car had to be the original Land Rover Freelander Mules, they had the bodies off a Maestro van :rolleyes:

The Czechs have had to postpone go-faster vRS versions of the Octavia

Versions?

I.e., a petrol and a diesel? :D

The new Leon will have the 2.0T FSI too, but will they have an FR version from the start?

I don't normally reply to rumours, but I will to this because I heard some 'news' earlier this week that concurs with lozgti.

I was told by a VAG employee who works at their HQ here in Milton Keynes that the Top Brass there are already driving around MK and surrounding area in unbadged vRS's (he said three or four are there) with a launch due this autumn. Of course until Skoda announce it, it's all hearsay but I personally believe what I was told. My local dealer says the same for launch time with prices between

Hmmmmmm. The fact is there just aren't enough facts!

If it's going to be that price, there's a lot of other cars you could consider for the money. Saab are to launch a high performance V6 turbo engine 250bhp for

After the sucess of the fabia vRS - it may be possible that Skoda would make the Octavia vRS a diesel also - possibly using the new 168bhp Diesel engine

I've got a mate who works with a guy that knows this bloke who used to visit an elderly gent who was married to a lady that once typed a memo from the man that emptied the bins at the house of the boss of the company that supplied the temporary staff who worked at the office where the computers were maintained which held all the information on the productivity of the rumour mill at Skoda UK.

My mate says he hasn't heard anything about the New Octy Vrs, just like everyone else. He also says the moon is made of cheese. :D

I've got a mate who works with a guy that knows this bloke who used to visit an elderly gent who was married to a lady that once typed a memo from the man that emptied the bins at the house of the boss of the company that supplied the temporary staff who worked at the office where the computers were maintained which held all the information on the productivity of the rumour mill at Skoda UK.

My mate says he hasn't heard anything about the New Octy Vrs' date=' just like everyone else. He also says the moon is made of cheese. :D[/quote']

:rofl::thumbup:

Just heard a rumour that Octy RS II is already included to the latest revision of ETKA?

:confused:

Really? I must check it out...

Any luck?

If so, could you print some vital specs like "Better brakes than @ V GTI, more power, 4x4". ;)

Oh well, must stop dreaming. :rolleyes:

It's 2.0T thats for sure and boring front wheel driven machine. Don't know if I want another (front)wheel spinner (after the vRS 1), the winter time last ~6 months here. :mad:

My mate says he hasn't heard anything about the New Octy Vrs' date=' just like everyone else. He also says the moon is made of cheese. :D[/quote']

:rofl: