Amundsen sat-nav instead of Bolero

Hi All, I'm waiting on delivery of a new Octavia VRS diesel which is a company car. Build is down as week 36 ( but unconfirmed ) and I have been informed that due to a shortage of Bolero 6 disc stereos this will be replaced with a single disc Amundsen sat-nav at no extra cost. As I mainly plug in my i-pod I would rarely use the 6 disc so this, on the face of it, seems to me like a pretty good deal. I'd welcome any comments or opinions on this. Are there any down sides to the deal?

Only other mention I've seen of the Amundsen in an Octy is in the 1.6 MPI thread, here: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/195119-octavia-se-16-mpi-25-off/page__view__findpost__p__2423815

though not much info given.

And a pic: Octy3

Looks decent enough and it has an SD card slot too.

Think a few people in the Superb II forum have them, might be worth a search there.

And here's the manual for it: https://mediaportal.skoda-auto.com/resource/documentation/manuals/en/Yeti/05-2009/Navigation/A-SUV_Yeti_Amundsen_NavigationSystem.pdf

I think I'd be happy with it over a Bolero.

A few search results suggest it might not come with the required navigation CDs, so double-check that with the dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

A few search results suggest it might not come with the required navigation CDs, so double-check that with the dealer.

Picked up a new Octavia Greenline Estate on Saturday it came with UK and main European routes on 2 CDs. It has come with the Amundsen Sat Nav because of the shortages of the Bolero radio/CD. In this car it is not the "+" version as the NAV CD has to remain in the drive (but can be copied to the SD drive). Seems to work OK and reasonably simple to operate. I've tried two 16gb SD cards in it and both work and my MP3 player plays OK through the AUX port.

Sounds good to me. Hope my Bolaro is replaced with the Amundson sat nav.:) will not complain. Also wating for delivery, told build date mid November wk 42? delivery hopefully before Christmas.

Hi All, I'm waiting on delivery of a new Octavia VRS diesel which is a company car. Build is down as week 36 ( but unconfirmed ) and I have been informed that due to a shortage of Bolero 6 disc stereos this will be replaced with a single disc Amundsen sat-nav at no extra cost. As I mainly plug in my i-pod I would rarely use the 6 disc so this, on the face of it, seems to me like a pretty good deal. I'd welcome any comments or opinions on this. Are there any down sides to the deal?

I posted my thoughts on the Amundsen in this thread : http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/209092-octavia-se-plus-or-18-tsi-engine/page__p__2470775#entry2470775

If you would like any info let me know.

Sounds like a good deal to me as the Amundsen costs £938.00 as an option.

• 1 month later...

Any more news on whether Amundsens are being installed as direct replacements for the Bolero still? My Scout was built week 40 and due for collection next week....!

My car (yeti) came this week with an amundsen instead of a bolero (the only warning i had was reading threads on here). no cd-changer in the boot, but that suits me fine.