Car mats

VRsCation

I purposely didn't get the standard Skoda mats as knew there are loads out there for less money and better quality, I have spotted these My Carmats and you can even get a matching boot carpet made as well.

What do you all think and has anyone bought already?

I purposely didn't get the standard Skoda mats as knew there are loads out there for less money and better quality, I have spotted these My Carmats and you can even get a matching boot carpet made as well.

What do you all think and has anyone bought already?

I love the Prestige version of these mats...1cm thick!! :D I've got the standard Skoda mats and your right the quality is crap, i already have a heel indentation after a couple of weeks... :no:

I have gone for the Skoda mats as they have nice red stitching around the edge which matches the red 'Tempo' upholstery very well (or it will when i get the car!! build week 47 at the mo).

But also i have some cheap rubber mats, that are only half size as they are meant for the rear, which i always use over the front mat as a heel patch. They don't move as they have loads of quite sharp dimples on the rear, they protect the mats nicely.

I will be tranferring them from my current car when the VRS arrives.

The rubber Skoda mats have served me well. They are more of a tray as they got a raised lip around the edges and they are durable. No complaints and I will never put a carpet mat ever in my life as they are a pain to clean and maintain.

I think I'm going to go for the ambassadors in black with the red trim. The boot mat perhaps in the premium version but same colour combo... I hope the loud drumming noise from the Tyres might be damped down to.

I have skoda ones in both my fabias but think they are rubbish compared to the nice thick heavy ones in my daughters ibiza.

Edited by curs

I ordered a set of mats from MrCarMats, the best quality ones and asked to have a heel plate fitted to the driver's mat. The order was delivered this morning and the heel plate is missing. I am waiting for their office to open so I can complain.

Also, I ordered the best quality deep pile ones at around £40 and they look a bit cheap. So unless something magical happens in the next couple of hours, I am not impressed!

SB

I got the ambassador mats with red trim and VRS badges.

As mentioned, very decent people to deal with. He was in the pub when I rung him and took time out to sort my order out haha!

Mats are decent quality, just starting to get a bit of a wear through on the heel area now after a good few months, but nothing major.

Been wet vacced and come up fine.

Just a pain to hoover!

I got some fitted ones off e-bay, nice high count tufted ones (not looped), were supposed to have wear on the underside of the mat so were reduced to clear as B grade stock.

When they arrived there's no sign of wear I can spot, they fit perfectly and look really good.

I went for Grey with dark blue trim (I've got a blueline)