JML Mantis waterless instant shine car cleaner

paramaniac

Hi all,

With thanks to John (geordie_21) I have recieved a bottle of this Mantis instant shine cleaner.

The idea being to clean the car using only the spray & microfibre towels.

The blurb on the back says it contains silicone enhancers to fill imperfections & gloss boosters to increase water repellency.

I tried it on my silver VRS which is machine polished, wearing Autoglym SRP, EGP & 2 coats of collinite 476. So not really any imperfections to fill.

The car was essentially clean anyway, with just some water marks & some fine dust & a few flies, so really I used the Mantis as a quick detailer.

The instructions tell you to apply with one MF cloth & buff with another,this stuff cleans flies & watermarks with ease, yet leaves a glossy smooth smear free finish.I felt thet the glossy finish was on a par with my Zaino Z8 QD that I usually use. Where the mantis is fantastic is around door shuts/sills etc, seems to bring aluminium & plastic up beautifully, with no hazing or residue left behind.

I also found the JML branded MF cloths are very soft & quite thick, better than the Halfrauds ones I usually use.

I'm not sure I'd use this system on a really dirty car, I snow foam before washing with the 2 bucket method (inc grit guards) with a lambswool mitt so I acknowledge I'm a bit OCD about swirl marks! I daresay Mantis would still out perform our eastern european hand car wash friends though!

Overall I'm quite impressed with Mantis, I view it as an excellent quick detailer that will remove flies, bird sheeite, water marks & dust etc & saves so much time around the bonnet/tailgate & doorshuts etc.

Just popped out to fuel up, had a very close look at my paintwork under the flourescent lights on the forecourt....absolutely no swirl marks whatsoever, a bloke filling up next to me said it looked 'amazing' so got to be happy with that.

Sounds good , thanks for the review. I have tried the "ideal world" stuff called greased lightning , it is good but leaves residue on plastics n stuff which can be a bit of a pain to clean off afterwards.

Hi all,

With thanks to John (geordie_21) I have recieved a bottle of this Mantis instant shine cleaner.

The idea being to clean the car using only the spray & microfibre towels.

The blurb on the back says it contains silicone enhancers to fill imperfections & gloss boosters to increase water repellency.

I tried it on my silver VRS which is machine polished, wearing Autoglym SRP, EGP & 2 coats of collinite 476. So not really any imperfections to fill.

The car was essentially clean anyway, with just some water marks & some fine dust & a few flies, so really I used the Mantis as a quick detailer.

The instructions tell you to apply with one MF cloth & buff with another,this stuff cleans flies & watermarks with ease, yet leaves a glossy smooth smear free finish.I felt thet the glossy finish was on a par with my Zaino Z8 QD that I usually use. Where the mantis is fantastic is around door shuts/sills etc, seems to bring aluminium & plastic up beautifully, with no hazing or residue left behind.

I also found the JML branded MF cloths are very soft & quite thick, better than the Halfrauds ones I usually use.

I'm not sure I'd use this system on a really dirty car, I snow foam before washing with the 2 bucket method (inc grit guards) with a lambswool mitt so I acknowledge I'm a bit OCD about swirl marks! I daresay Mantis would still out perform our eastern european hand car wash friends though!

Overall I'm quite impressed with Mantis, I view it as an excellent quick detailer that will remove flies, bird sheeite, water marks & dust etc & saves so much time around the bonnet/tailgate & doorshuts etc.

You're welcome Dave, there's another few members on here we (JML) shipped bottles to so hopefully they'll see this and write their views.

Thanks, John

Here's the TV ad I directed and edited recently for Mantis Instant Shine using a black Focus ST.

th_MantisInstantShineTVC.jpg

Thanks, John

how do i get hold of a trial bottle of mantis...i have showroom shine on it at the moment

I might give this a try as essentially I am a bit of a lazy git when it comes to waxing etc, I always wash with the 2 bucket method but never have time to do much else with only the weekend and all the activities with the kids etc.

Tried the Mantis Scratch Remover on my Octy and it wouldn't even remove the smallest lightest scratch. It's complete cr*p and I took it back for a refund as it's not fit for the job. I took back the Polish too as didn't want to try that after. I'm just not impressed with JML stuff but I'm glad you are getting results.