Vag.Com 'hidden features'

Robbocop

I must find someone with a vagcom near me :) Most of the other feautures seem to be already 'loaded' onto the car when I got it. The indicator thing is good where you tap it once and it clicks for a few flashes only...

I got that, thought it was standard. Cool.

Over the years they changed bits. Later ones have anti hijack, one touch unlock, tear wipering and comfort indicators turned on from factory.

Matt

Mines 04' and have all these mentioned as standard apart from one touch unlock I had done.

Has anyone gone for heavier steering?

I tried, but my figures didn't match the format they should have done according to fabia-vrs.com. I've also read that the Fabia is adjusted in a different way to the Ibiza (which is what fabia-vrs.com actually seems to be based on) and that the vRS comes set to heaviest out of the factory.

I tried, but my figures didn't match the format they should have done according to fabia-vrs.com. I've also read that the Fabia is adjusted in a different way to the Ibiza (which is what fabia-vrs.com actually seems to be based on) and that the vRS comes set to heaviest out of the factory.

I'm not sure of the exact procedure, as my friend did it for me on my car. I don't think it is that hard, but I do remember the numbers for heaviests and lightest being opposite to what was written on the internet.

for example 1 is the lightest, 5 is the heaviest (or visa versa).

It was just a matter of trying 1 or 5 really.

It felt really odd driving around on the heaviest setting for the first few days, because it really doesn't add any 'feel' to the driving experience, but it just feels a little less artificial.

Yeah, the bit I was worried about was it's supposed to be 001x1 or something, where the x is the figure you change for weight. But mine was more like 10550 or something totally wrong, so I was wary of playing with it too much.

The "extra wipe" feature was turned ON by default on earlier cars (at least on my 2004vRS) but turned OFF by default on later models - so my 2007vRS doesn't have it enabled... :(

My 56plate didn't have it activated, Asked the dealer to activate and was told it wasn't possible.

So when I got my cable I went looking, Found and enabled it then turned the delay down to 1sec from 5secs, Cuts the smearing drastically!

Because of this thread I had the vagcom on my car today.

Tried to stiffen the steering up but seemed to have lightened it. Fabia-vrs.com says 1 was the lightest setting and 5 the hardest?? Put it on 3 from 2 and it's got lighter and you can see the lights diming when turning the wheel when parking. Any one know which setting is the stiffest???

Someone mentioned that the instructions on fabia-vrs.com seems more for the Ibiza. On my car 5 is the heaviest. It was on 1 originally and have changed it to 4 and definitely got heavier.

Try a lower number I would say.

Phil

The "extra wipe" feature was turned ON by default on earlier cars (at least on my 2004vRS) but turned OFF by default on later models - so my 2007vRS doesn't have it enabled... :(

My 2003 model had it off, a mates 2004 had it on, and another mates 2007 SE has it on, and he had it from new

My 56plate didn't have it activated, Asked the dealer to activate and was told it wasn't possible.

So when I got my cable I went looking, Found and enabled it then turned the delay down to 1sec from 5secs, Cuts the smearing drastically!

I have a pamphlet "Supplement to the Operating Manual FABIA"

Technical Changes 05.2006>

This supplement replaces the Owner's manual Fabia Edition 05.05 ... The information given in this supplement takes precedence over the information contained in the Owner's manual.

Automatic wipe/wash for windscreen

The post-wipe feature for the "last drops" is deactivated. Your Skoda Dealer can activate this function

Edited by DRJ

What CCM is required for tear-drop wiping?

On mine channel 8 is for the Bolted blinking.

Mine might be coded differently with it being a saloon though as I think they are coded differently like a Bora.

Phil

Mine might be coded differently with it being a saloon though as I think they are coded differently like a Bora.

I found the easiest thing was to just "play about" with it tbh

How much are vag com modules? And where from!

http://www.ilexa.co.uk/acatalog/vagcom.html Dont use ebay, full of cheap fake knock off`s

Matt