Maidstone Meet November 2011

lfc958

Date - Sat 5th Nov 2011

For this meet only, due to this being bonfire night a few of us will be picking our tickets up from Justin to attend the fireworks display @ Leeds Castle.

We will be meeting @ Newnham Court Inn car park just after 16:00 so we can reduce the number of cars going to the display, to leave for Leeds castle by 16:30 latest, post the display & a short walk around, looking to return to Newnham Court in time for the booked table.

If anyone has tickets already & would like to join the convoy from pub to display, back to pub to eat & probably warm you are welcome, otherwise hopefully see you there if you dont go to the fireworks.

Time - Table booked for 8 pm

Location - Newnham Court Inn ( Pub next door to Notcutts Garden Centre )

Postcode for your Sat Nav / Google maps = ME14 5LH

Link to more info - Newnham Court Link

October service was really quick & the food was nice & hot.

Sorry all for the no show, got my days muddled up. Hopefully catch up in november. A bit of news on the car its now running sweet as, with real dump valve noise (with real dump valve) and I'm putting together my own gearchange, so hopefully when I apply my psychiatric counselling skills to it, it'll want to change. :thumbup:

Sorry all for the no show, got my days muddled up. Hopefully catch up in november. A bit of news on the car its now running sweet as, with real dump valve noise (with real dump valve) and I'm putting together my own gearchange, so hopefully when I apply my psychiatric counselling skills to it, it'll want to change. :thumbup:

:rofl: :rofl: Good news indeed! See you at Newnham.

Looking forward to seeing that car in the flesh - are you taking it on track next year at some point?

I think we are going to be at Leeds Castle during the afternoon as you get free entry to the gardens with your tickets so will try and catch up with everyone when you all arrive for the fireworks. Not sure yet whether we'll be at the pub afterwards, my family are on about going home for a big meal :doh:

Hi all

I'm a new Octavia mk1 vRS owner got it Saturday :). I'd like to go to some meets just can't make this one do you have regular meets?

Yep first Saturday of each month at the Newnham Court Inn near the Bearsted junction of the M20.

There are threads in this forum for the meets.

Is your VRS a Kent reg one? Might be a former members off here.

Yep first Saturday of each month at the Newnham Court Inn near the Bearsted junction of the M20.

There are threads in this forum for the meets.

Is your VRS a Kent reg one? Might be a former members off here.

Yeah it's a Kent reg was dealer demo for 3 months then 1 owner till I got it. What time do the meets usually start as I work some Saturday's till 1pm

Here's a picture of my car incase anyone knows it

6eb7e79c.jpg

They are usually about 7:30-8pm in the evening, sit down meal at the pub. Although the November one will be a trip to the fireworks followed by the pub.

Could be Duggie_Kents old VRS - whereabouts in Kent is it from?

And Simon (Beryls chief pilot) will be along in a minute to tell you thats the best colour LOL

They are usually about 7:30-8pm in the evening, sit down meal at the pub. Although the November one will be a trip to the fireworks followed by the pub.

Could be Duggie_Kents old VRS - whereabouts in Kent is it from?

And Simon (Beryls chief pilot) will be along in a minute to tell you thats the best colour LOL

Do you know his reg? I'm from faversham I think the car was local to me before I for it I kinda remember seeing it about as you can't really miss it there's not another yellow one in the town I know of. Just been looking on the awesome site and could have easily spent a few £k on bits all ready lol.

I like the colour agree it's the best colour for a vRS :)

In fact it's great colour on any car except for a Smart.....

:rofl:

Do you know his reg? I'm from faversham I think the car was local to me before

I think his was a yellow 51 plate with tinted windows and he lived up on the Isle of Grain if I remember rightly. If it is his car it's remapped.

Looking forward to seeing that car in the flesh - are you taking it on track next year at some point?

I think we are going to be at Leeds Castle during the afternoon as you get free entry to the gardens with your tickets so will try and catch up with everyone when you all arrive for the fireworks. Not sure yet whether we'll be at the pub afterwards, my family are on about going home for a big meal :doh:

Jamie, if you ever want a trip out to the sticks for a viewing you are most welcome, probably won't be till easter next year now when it hits the road. Not planning any track days as such the sumps not baffled, might do a novice one at Brands Hatch as a bit of a shakedown for the car before its IVA'ed

BTW Snowey welcome nice looking car, wouldn't be seen dead in a yellow one myself :D:thumbup:

Do you know his reg? I'm from faversham I think the car was local to me before I for it I kinda remember seeing it about as you can't really miss it there's not another yellow one in the town I know of. Just been looking on the awesome site and could have easily spent a few £k on bits all ready lol.

I like the colour agree it's the best colour for a vRS :)

You don't need to spend much money mate, just get a noisy exhaust & dump valve & it'll be the fastest car on the road!! :dull:

:rofl:

I think his was a yellow 51 plate with tinted windows and he lived up on the Isle of Grain if I remember rightly. If it is his car it's remapped.

Although from what Douggie was saying, you'd be better taking the map off if it is Douggies? :(

Jamie, if you ever want a trip out to the sticks for a viewing you are most welcome, probably won't be till easter next year now when it hits the road. Not planning any track days as such the sumps not baffled, might do a novice one at Brands Hatch as a bit of a shakedown for the car before its IVA'ed

BTW Snowey welcome nice looking car, wouldn't be seen dead in a yellow one myself :D:thumbup:

PLus one on that Mike, we'd rather do Beige or Parchment wouldn't we? ;)

Although from what Douggie was saying, you'd be better taking the map off if it is Douggies? :(

True, wasn't the best of maps. Probably not the same car anyway. All the old photos I have of his car have got the reg plate blanked out unfortunately. I do remember now he was from Sheerness on the Isle of Sheppey though not the Isle of Grain so if it's his car it should be on the V5 logbook.

Simon - fancy a trip down to see the kit car at some point? Mike do you have any decent pubs near you we could take you for a pint?

(sorry to hijack the thread Steve LOL)

Back on track - Snowey,

We will be @ newnham on 5th Nov, see No1 post for what time, & how to find us if you arrive after 8 pm.

Most people that attend know my car now, so when you do make it, Just look for a silver MK2 FL Octy vRs reg SC ** LFC & you will know that at least the organiser has turned up emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

...Simon - fancy a trip down to see the kit car at some point? Mike do you have any decent pubs near you we could take you for a pint?

Don't worry about taking me for a pint, happy to do a bit of food, pasta or pizza etc in most weekends, drop me a pm.

Sorry again Steve.

Snowey Hope fully catch up at the meet and grab an image of all the beige ones together hopefully dontcallmeberyl will bring hers along :thumbup::rofl:

Any update regarding the tickets for the fireworks??

They're supposed to be coming to me Richie as Justin is in New Zealand. Supposed being the operative word! :wonder: Justin is aware of their non arrival & is chasing them by email.

If you want me to pm or text you or something with updates then just let me know.

True, wasn't the best of maps. Probably not the same car anyway. All the old photos I have of his car have got the reg plate blanked out unfortunately. I do remember now he was from Sheerness on the Isle of Sheppey though not the Isle of Grain so if it's his car it should be on the V5 logbook.

Simon - fancy a trip down to see the kit car at some point? Mike do you have any decent pubs near you we could take you for a pint?

He actually had his name as a personal plate Ron, aka Dugie or equivalent & yes def hailed from the Isle of Sherry as my predictive text prefers to call it. :giggle:

Yeah I'm always up for a trip to the Triple Beige Owners establishment. Awesome, that car is, a true credit to it's creator, just a shame his humour isn't up to the same standard as his creative engineering & catering abilities!........ :giggle: :giggle:

Don't worry about taking me for a pint, happy to do a bit of food, pasta or pizza etc in most weekends, drop me a pm.

Snowey Hope fully catch up at the meet and grab an image of all the beige ones together hopefully dontcallmeberyl will bring hers along :thumbup::rofl:

Can we book in for a lusting over the SDR session then Dr P? Be good to see how you've progressed with the pocket rocket & drop your Pizza all over the workshop floor! :S

And just for that, I'll rattle down in Cyril like last time! No, seriously, Beryl needs all the runs she can get these days, very rarely used with my work commitments. Also a multiple yellow vRS picture would be cool........ :thumbup:

Sorry again Steve.

They're supposed to be coming to me Richie as Justin is in New Zealand. Supposed being the operative word! :wonder: Justin is aware of their non arrival & is chasing them by email.

If you want me to pm or text you or something with updates then just let me know.

Thats fine, as long as they turn up on the night ;)

It's a sit down meal in the pub although the November one we will be going to Leeds castle fireworks first.

Beryl (sorry, Simon!) usually comes in his Mk1 Octy VRS and I used to have one, we get one or two others coming every so often but I think at the moment it's mostly Mk1 Fabias and Mk2 Octavias (or Chris with his Toyota LOL)