I'm part of the Fabia II gang now! Progress thread!

Picking my new Fabia up on Tuesday :)

It's an 08 plate Fabia 3 - 1.9TDI.

Spec includes Heated seats, Maxi dot, Climate, Side & Curtain airbags, Parking sensors and the rest of the toys that come with the level 3 spec.

My dads having my 1.4 Bohemia so I'm gonna swap the TT Comps with the 16's that are on this one. However, I'm not sure what it will look like... hmm maybe someone wants to swap some wheels with some TT Comps?

IMG248_edit0.jpg

I'll share some more photos next week! I thought I'd share this with you guys first.

It has been a busy week!

Leon

Yeah I am, took for a test drive today, its done 29k :-) few niggles but the dealer was nice enough to sort it out for Tuesday! If I was to keep my comps I think I might spray em anthracite?

Thanks guys :-) yeah I wanted the 1.9 this time so I have a lot more engine to play with maybe :-p

Gonna get rid of the comps now. Keeping the 16's until I save for something like rs alloys or the scout ones :-)

It was a dealer down south west buddy - mid cornwall cars

I've done my first mod of aluminium pedals from the mk1, and thats about it. I have to wait until the end of the month to get some matts and stuff.

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

my old bohemia - now my dads is de comped, and de DLR'ed lol..

looks funny!

IMG_1482.jpg

More to come soon.... just have to wait :)

I'm going to write my little review on my 1.9 tdi level 3 spec fabia now...

I picked it up Tuesday just gone, and the first day I did 115 miles going around a few towns in conrwall, the first thing I noticed was how smooth it was, they really sorted the power delivery from the old 1.9tdi's I have experienced. This is the first tdi I have owned, the others I've driven have been petrols 1.4's both 100 and 80bhp versions, and the legendary 2.0 115bhp...!

Motorway cruising the engine noise is at a minimum. I filled up with vpower diesel...not sure if it made any difference I could still only get a Max of 53mpg....maybe that's me not driving properly or the 30.000 engine still tight?

Start up its classicly diesel and taks away with a charming diesel grunt which I like! I try to imagine it with a map of 140bhp! And for the lucky people with vrs's 180 bhp must be insane in that car!!

The torque isn't as "in your face" as the older 1.9 lump so it was hard to feel if it was actually any more powerful. Until you look at the speedometer and you realise your pulling up to 70+ its only then you notice that this is a pretty brisk motor. Especially coming from the 1.4 Bohemia estate which I will miss! But he's in good hands now with my dad.

The clutch is super light, and so is the gear change I was really supprised!

For the steering is slightly more sharper in a point and it will go where you want it to go manner! A bit of roll around bends, but if your making progress it doesn't break your confidence to power through a long bend.

I have really enjoyed the spec of the car, there's a few things I am missing though which I wish they brought over from the mk1 ans its little things like the map pockets on the side of the seats, they were great for phones and small tech to hand, maybe the can cooler should of stayed!

I love how they've upgraded the seatbelt brackets to chrome, something i alsways wished they did after seeing my friends bora! and the style of the speedo when you drive at night its a really nice ambience with the needles reflecting off the silver trim around the rpm and MPH clocks. Maybe that's me being a bit nerdy!

The seats are comfy but the Velour seems to attract all dust, hair, and crap so they will constantly need hoovering!

I'm not sure about the parking sensor's its really annoying that it beeps everytime you stick it in reverse! Especially for 3 point turns other than that it looks good on the radio dispaly! Anyone think it looks like a BMW though?!

The boot is massive! The doors shut with a nice weight, and they haven't skimped out in the engine bay with nice plastic bits of covering.

The lights are OK I wouldn't say their brilliant and I will have to upgrade the bulbs...

Its a shame that there's a few rattles but I have a plan to iliminate them soon...anyone else seem to hear what seems to be the whole airbag modual flap away when your driving up a really bumpy steep hill?!

I have a few plans of what I'd like to do next but in time.

I'm getting used to the size of this XL supermini it feels alot more chunky than the mk1 so that's going to take a little time to get used to.

I don't know if I've missed anything out!

Oh and break dust!!!!! Where does it come from! I never had so much on a car!

Hope this is a god write up!

Wish I had your speedometer - I find mine so boring now. Maxidot is such a nice feature. Wonder if the dash can be retrofitted to mine.

As for the parking sensor you will get used to it - and there will be a day that it will save you from a major mistake.

It has saved my arse twice now, and one could have been a major accident. A kid decided to run behind my car in order to catch a football while I was reversing and soon as the sensors started going I hit the brakes. It really keeps you on your toes.

By the way - why are these called Fabia 3? the number is based on what?

Cheeres Chloe Bear! Its a start ha :)

It was in Europe classic ambition and elegance? As the old range used to be classic, ambiente, and elegance.

But now they have s, se, and elegance?

But like when they first released the mk2 it was fabia 1,2 & 3.

I'm sure I will get used to the parking sensors :)

More pics - :)

IMG296.jpg

IMG298.jpg

IMG293.jpg

IMG290.jpg

Edited by Leon-y-k