I'm part of the Fabia II gang now! Progress thread!

What you getting on MPG2 though, that's the important one :D

Good going though emoticon-0148-yes.gif

ahh I didn't know it was all about the MPG2!!! who drives like that all the time :p I was impressed with myself for getting such a good figure!! haha :)

ahh I didn't know it was all about the MPG2!!! who drives like that all the time :p I was impressed with myself for getting such a good figure!! haha :)

How long have you been driving Skodas?! And we haven't even got into exactly how accurate those figures actually are. Have you done a brim-to-brim calc yet? :D

Whenever I've tweaked the accuracy with VCDS, the trip comp is generally 10% optimistic.

How long have you been driving Skodas?! And we haven't even got into exactly how accurate those figures actually are. Have you done a brim-to-brim calc yet? :D

Whenever I've tweaked the accuracy with VCDS, the trip comp is generally 10% optimistic.

I've had 4 Fabia's :p in 5 years of driving haha!!

I haven't done a brim to brim calc yet...but I will plan to on my next fill up!

oooo thats smart!!! with the wiped out side strips! :)

I just did this, as a temp mod, how do you think a bit of black matt vinyl will look on the rear diffusor bit? :)

2008-skoda-fabia-combi-1600x1200-image-82copy.jpg

Try a Milotec diffusor - they`re only 79 euros!

• 2 months later...

Try a Milotec diffusor - they`re only 79 euros!

Cheers Ross,

I had a look and its on the cards :)

So so far, I haven't had much time to do many mods,

I know I did have illuminated interior handles but I removed them due to the life span of them not lasting long!

IMG_1539.jpg

I've managed to get some rims, and I've got plenty of interest in my rims in the for sale section - the standard 16" ones :)

DSCF0954.jpg

So....this weekend will be a case of refurbing some alloys and then selling my old ones as quick as possible :) not sure what yet, but watch this space! :)

Here's a small mod, I've purchased for the key fob thanks to Grizzle! and I've fitted my stubby areal too making it look a lot less RC car like!

210851_10151402783445413_802850412_22481789_657832947_o.jpg

More to come, I have some headlight tints on their way...from HK so I should get them soon....photos to follow just sublte mods with minimal cost - thats the aim! :D

Thanks for reading, :thumbup:

Leon

Thought I recognised them! That's what I'm running at the moment and have been impressed. Decent wet weather performance, dry grip is good and they're wearing well too emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Only minus for me is that the tread pattern doesn't make for the quietest tyre in the world...

I don't think they can be any louder than continentals? I've never experienced these tyres before, so I'll keep you posted! B)

BF Goodrich are pretty quiet too... I hope these are good in the wet since the UK gets plenty of rain! :)

looks good i had never thought about MK1 VRS wheels.Have you remapped your car yet and if so did you get a good smooth gain in performance?I wish my car had heated seats especially this morning -2c,i think the only extra option on my Fabia 3 was electric rear windows although it should be standard as its top of the range.

I am deleting the EGR on my car then getting a custom remap followed by fitting some eibachs and tinting the windows,that's as far as i will go,i don't want it to look modified,that way i can give the BMW drivers more of surprise :smirk: .

Edited by seagull

looks good i had never thought about MK1 VRS wheels.Have you remapped your car yet and if so did you get a good smooth gain in performance?I wish my car had heated seats especially this morning -2c,i think the only extra option on my Fabia 3 was electric rear windows although it should be standard as its top of the range.

I am deleting the EGR on my car then getting a custom remap followed by fitting some eibachs and tinting the windows,that's as far as i will go,i don't want it to look modified,that way i can give the BMW drivers more of surprise :smirk: .

Ahh someone else who will be doing stuff to their non vRS fabia! :)

I haven't remapped it yet!! once the wheels are on, lowering will be the next option then a map in time! I've only had the car for a few months!!! :)

Do all TDi's have EGR's?

Leon

Ahh someone else who will be doing stuff to their non vRS fabia! :)

I haven't remapped it yet!! once the wheels are on, lowering will be the next option then a map in time! I've only had the car for a few months!!! :)

Do all TDi's have EGR's?

Leon

I have had mine only a couple of weeks but after my last car could not be remapped due to a tamper proof ecu i am desperate to make a mends.My brother has just bought a 2006 VRS and also wants to unleash his cars capabilities.

The estate Fabia 3 weighs just 1190kg and once the estate is pushing out 150bhp and loads more torque its gonna be seriously quick.

I will post some pics once my car is lower and tinted but that about 6 weeks away,i bought the Fabia as a towcar come dog/bike carrier.I thought your review of the Fabia was interesting and it would seem your mpg is similar to mine.

Do you find you could do with a 6th gear,that's one thing i would like although the 5th gear is very tall.

Yes all cars have EGR's these days its a bad attempt at being green unfortunately after a while they clog up and make the car run bad and use more fuel so pointless really.

I have had mine only a couple of weeks but after my last car could not be remapped due to a tamper proof ecu i am desperate to make a mends.My brother has just bought a 2006 VRS and also wants to unleash his cars capabilities.

The estate Fabia 3 weighs just 1190kg and once the estate is pushing out 150bhp and loads more torque its gonna be seriously quick.

I will post some pics once my car is lower and tinted but that about 6 weeks away,i bought the Fabia as a towcar come dog/bike carrier.I thought your review of the Fabia was interesting and it would seem your mpg is similar to mine.

Do you find you could do with a 6th gear,that's one thing i would like although the 5th gear is very tall.

Yes all cars have EGR's these days its a bad attempt at being green unfortunately after a while they clog up and make the car run bad and use more fuel so pointless really.

Ahh, I always want to change from 5th to 6th! but obviously I can't but I recon with 6th you'd get even better MPG during the motorway trips... It feels light for it's size, I'm still getting used to it, it also feels a lot wider than my previous Fabia Estate, but I know its not possible!