Whiteline Rear ARB for Fabia MKII (BWR23Z)

Hello guys

Yesterday I've installed with my mechanic the Whiteline rear ARB that I got from Awesome GTI. http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=24137&xSec=1079 All came through fine and I couldn't be happier but upon installation and further inspection we noticed that the ARB is not sitting right or to describe it better the link is in an angle when it is clear in the fitting instructions that the link should and is vertical. We even added 2 washers to bring the bush further out to make it as vertical as possible but didn't do much.

Pics that show the issue I'm talking about.

04fitment.jpg

05fitment.jpg

06fitment.jpg

We had a look again at the instruction manual and all look fine (Sway-bar ends on the inside, link and bushes on the side of the wheel) but only the link looks in a different angle.

Below a scan of the instruction manual included. For some reason the fitting instructions are for swaybar BWR19 and BWR19Z (VW Polo 9N MK4 02-06) BUT the bar has a sticker on it indicating that it is in fact BWR23Z. Probably the didn't print new instructions as the installation is the same for all these cars? hope so.

01fittinginstructions.jpg

Then I have a look around the forum and study the same Whiteline ARB installations on the cars of users VRsCation (vRS Estate) and Reavenger (vRS Hatch) and notice that both got their links upright, no angles at all. But then I spot a difference which makes things even more confusing. The installation on Reavenger's was not done as described in the fitting instructions and what I mean by that is that notice his ARB ends on the side of the wheel and not the inside - still though his link is vertical! If I did that on my installation the link would scrape against the side-base of the suspension.

02fitment.jpg

Further down is the installation of VRsCation done in the same way shown in the fitting instructions and in the same way done on my car. Though his link looks vertical in relation to mine.

03fitment.jpg

So what is going on?

1. Installation is correct and the angle is acceptable? mind you though I'm afraid of the bushes going off quicker with time.

1. Installation was not correct? then where did we make the mistake? this is like the simplest installation ever.

2. Is there a possibility even though the swaybar is for MKII Fabias that there are differences between the Fabias themselves? (i.e. pre-facelift and facelift Fabia have different base?)

3. Could there be differences from one Whiteline swaybar to the other?

Some test runs with the swaybar set to MEDIUM show that it is doing the job - well at least I get that sense.

Sorry for the endless blah blah - hope all this makes sense. I got a track day coming in a week's time and I want to make sure the car and the bar are safe.

Please if you got any ideas feel free to post your thoughts. In the meantime I will contact Awesome GTi and Whiteline to have a say on the matter.

mine looks the same as yours and mine works fine. in fact this will only make it stiffer as you are essentially pre loading the bar it shouldnt have a negative effect except maybe shortening the life of the bushes in the drop links mildly but they will still last ages.

Had mine on for a few thousand miles and still going strong no play no cracks no nothing just fun handling.

mine looks the same as yours and mine works fine. in fact this will only make it stiffer as you are essentially pre loading the bar it shouldnt have a negative effect except maybe shortening the life of the bushes in the drop links mildly but they will still last ages.

Had mine on for a few thousand miles and still going strong no play no cracks no nothing just fun handling.

Duffman is this the one? (just making sure): http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=24137&xSec=1079

Would you be kind enough to take at least one pic underneath the chassis?

BWR23Z

looks like this part number is for 5th gen polo platform (PQ25) which is mk5 polo, A1 and mk4 ibiza.

see also http://www.fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1966

Since our mk2 vrs is still using the older PQ24 platform, this is probably the reason it wont fit :/

I'm also confused.

Whiteline's website when looking under Skoda > Fabia (MKII 5J) shows that the only rear arb option is "BWR19Z"

Awesome GTi shows only "BWR23Z"

Hope the guys reply soon - I really need to make use of the rear ARB this weekend at the trackday :/

Hi,

We were alerted to this forum and the problem is this is the wrong sway bar for that car.The bar should be a BWR19Z for your model.

The BWR23Z that you have is for these models.

Audi A1 MK1 6J(2009-ON)

Seat IBIZA MK4 6J(2009-ON)

Volkswagen POLO MK5 6R(2009-ON)

The BWR19Z fits these models

Seat CORDOBA MK2 6L(2002-ON)

Seat IBIZA MK3 6L(2002-08)

Skoda FABIA MK1 6Y(2002-06)

Skoda FABIA MK2 5J(2007-ON)

Volkswagen POLO MK4 9N(2002-06)

The reason the install guide says BWR19z is because it was made first and they are so simialr to install just that the bar itself is slightly different size.

Edited by Whiteline

Looks like Mike at GTI thought the MK2 vRS used the new platform when it uses the PQ24 platform. As a result, as described above, you got the sway bar needed for the new platform. :(

Additionally, judging from the pictures, and I'm not sure how much stress (pressure) goes on the bar during cornering, but I'd have thought there would be a lot more stress on the bar as a result of the link not being vertical. Worst case, the link breaks.

Hi,

We were alerted to this forum and the problem is this is the wrong sway bar for that car.The bar should be a BWR19Z for your model.

The BWR23Z that you have is for these models.

Audi A1 MK1 6J(2009-ON)

Seat IBIZA MK4 6J(2009-ON)

Volkswagen POLO MK5 6R(2009-ON)

The BWR19Z fits these models

Seat CORDOBA MK2 6L(2002-ON)

Seat IBIZA MK3 6L(2002-08)

Skoda FABIA MK1 6Y(2002-06)

Skoda FABIA MK2 5J(2007-ON)

Volkswagen POLO MK4 9N(2002-06)

The reason the install guide says BWR19z is because it was made first and they are so simialr to install just that the bar itself is slightly different size.

Hello and thank you very much for the prompt reply.

1. So does that mean that the bar at Awesome GTi is wrongly advertised as suitable for a Fabia MKII 5J ? http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=24137&xSec=1079 cause if that is the case then I need their help to get the correct one now. Mike will defo give us some feedback, probably tomorrow morn.

Shame and I liked the fact that it was a 23mm rather a 19mm. Hope that doesn't make much difference.

Hi,

We do not list the BWR23Z for the MK2 Fabia so we are unsure why Awsome GTI has this bar listed for that model.

Contact them and explain what you were told and show them our listings and they should be able to help you get the right sway bar for your model.

We have emailed Awsome GTI to let them know of the incorrect listing

Edited by Whiteline

Hi,

We do not list the BWR23Z for the MK2 Fabia so we are unsure why Awsome GTI has this bar listed for that model.

Contact them and explain what you were told and show them our listings and they should be able to help you get the right sway bar for your model.

We have emailed Awsome GTI to let them know of the incorrect listing

^^^^ top marks for trying to sort this :thumbup:

Fantastic response from Whiteline, this is why I got the Whiteline ARB for my car.. the Bwr19Z BTW!

Customer service is what marks out the best products in my opinion!

32KOFDATA - Got your email and repled.

I have also passed this over to our IT fellow to sort out the listings on our website.

Mike

And also from you guys over at Awesome, good to see you on the ball. :)

24mm and 3 point adjustable. Does a good job on medium Sy :thumbup:

But isn't the 24mm (BWR23Z) the one already installed in 32kofdata's car? I mean the wrong one? http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=24137&xSec=1079

The suitable for our cars according to Whiteline is the 20mm one http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=8060&xSec=289

However, some people (duffman502) seem to have fitted the 24mm one, which is longer and therefore links are at an angle in order to work. I don't know how reliable that can be though.

Very nice car I almost bought the estate but have a red hatch VRS. Sounds like you had no problems fitting the Whiteline RARB. I fitted a Jabba RARB but it hits the rear exhaust box so off it came. Unfortunately it was repainted black and so is now on Ebay.

Since doing this and examining the car underneath I am at a loss as to why an RARB will make the car stiffer. The rear is a one piece unit anyway. The suspension is not independent. I would appreciate any of your wisdom on this.

24mm and 3 point adjustable. Does a good job on medium Sy :thumbup:

Please don't get confused - the correct bar for all Fabias MKII is BWR19Z

Indeed a big thank you to both Whiteline and Mike at Awesome GTi for sorting out the confusion by replying promptly on the matter. The guys are now going to sort me out with the correct sway-bar and all will be :thumbup::)

Please don't get confused - the correct bar for all Fabias MKII is BWR19Z

Indeed a big thank you to both Whiteline and Mike at Awesome GTi for sorting out the confusion by replying promptly on the matter. The guys are now going to sort me out with the correct sway-bar and all will be :thumbup::)

Will that be in time for the track day? :p Ask for super express shipping!