I really miss paying only £35

My first road tax reminder arrived for the Yeti........... emoticon-0106-crying.gifemoticon-0106-crying.gif I have been used to paying £35 a year now for many a year with my 119g/km Audi. So a tax bill for £190 was a bit of a shock. Not really of course as I knew this when buying the car, but still. emoticon-0106-crying.gifemoticon-0106-crying.gif

Cheap - Here it is more like £450 per year for the 170 2.0 TDI. Maybe the smaller engined Yetis are a bit less, but not much.

Oh I would really, really cry if I had to pay £450!!! Eeck. But then hopefully more or all of that goes into your roads. Here due to the relatively low tax there is certainly not enough money in the pot to invest in road upkeep. And even the money that is supposed to go into the road pot us used to plug many other holes in the Government's finances rather than potholes. Sad.

Cheap - Here it is more like £450 per year for the 170 2.0 TDI. Maybe the smaller engined Yetis are a bit less, but not much.

Yes but how much less do you pay than we do for diesel due to our exorbitant fuel duty levels.

And I bet the state of the roads over there is somewhat better.

I console myself that I pay no road tax at all for my 1971 3.5 litre V8 MGB because it is a 'historic vehicle'.

Should've bought a 1.2 Tsi Johann :giggle:

You pays your money and takes your choice as the saying goes...... so I knew full well I'd have to pay for the luxury of having a 140 hp car with a DSG gearbox! :giggle: I'm not really, really moaning. Just lamenting. hehehe

You pays your money and takes your choice as the saying goes...... so I knew full well I'd have to pay for the luxury of having a 140 hp car with a DSG gearbox! :giggle: I'm not really, really moaning. Just lamenting. hehehe

Hmm what gets me is the fact that my dad has the same engine in his Fabia as I have in the Yeti. £30 a year tax for him and £125 for me. Doesn't seem right somehow. Oh I know it's all abotu emissions but.....

And I thought Germany was already much cheaper than Holland. emoticon-0104-surprised.gif

The 3.0TDI costs me in Germany 463€ a year and would have cost me 2032€ a year in NL.

The 2.0TDI VRS cost me 308€ a year in Germany and would have cost me 1504€ a year in NL.

And that is just road tax.

The Greenline is 30 quid tax!

Put it this way though, if you have bought a Focus which you might pay 30 quid tax, you would have lost a lot more than you would in the Yeti in terms of depreciation.

Edited by My_Yeti

And I thought Germany was already much cheaper than Holland. emoticon-0104-surprised.gif

The 3.0TDI costs me in Germany 463€ a year and would have cost me 2032€ a year in NL.

The 2.0TDI VRS cost me 308€ a year in Germany and would have cost me 1504€ a year in NL.

And that is just road tax.

Wow! €2032! How about a Smart for Two Diesel? or a Mercedes G55?

In NL road tax is scaled according to weight and fuel.

A smart (if it weighs in between 751 and 850kg) it would be 580 a year.

55G if qouted 2600kg it would be 2956€ a year.

In NL road tax is scaled according to weight and fuel.

A smart (if it weighs in between 751 and 850kg) it would be 580 a year.

55G if qouted 2600kg it would be 2956€ a year.

but the Dutch roads are so much better maintained than ours - you get what you pay for I reckon

Just got my VEL reminder £165 didn't think that was too bad for a 170 Elegance

Well the 170 Yeti is not the top of the range Yeti by purchase price. The most expensive Yeti you can buy is the 140 DSG. So it goes hand in hand that that should also have the highest tax alas...

My first road tax reminder arrived for the Yeti........... emoticon-0106-crying.gifemoticon-0106-crying.gif I have been used to paying £35 a year now for many a year with my 119g/km Audi. So a tax bill for £190 was a bit of a shock. Not really of course as I knew this when buying the car, but still. emoticon-0106-crying.gifemoticon-0106-crying.gif

Could be worse......mine was £245 this year. :'(

Denmark is slightly more expensive to buy fuel then UK

http://www.theaa.com/onlinenews/allaboutcars/fuel/2011/september2011.pdf

WHy america, a country that consumes excessive amounts of fuel pays half the price is beyond me!

Some of those tax figures quoted above, I wouldn't be able to afford to drive... which in the UK would be no good because public transport is beyond useless! The roads are in an absolute state too. You'd never think we're one of the more advanced countries in the world when places like India have better quality roads than we do.

Edited by adamc260