vRSy's Mk2 Fabia vRS project and build

vRSy

Si, how much did you pay for that track day at SS?

when i phoned APR and asked for my car back early (hence still being on the older lowvboost file) to do a trackday at Blyton park on tuesday, iwas told there was a spare pass for the VWR appreciation day at Silverstone so i got the VIP pass for free lol. obviously i wasnt going to turn that down

im happy that methonal is safe enough for the engine. ive done loads of research on it and will probably have a mixture of 70:30 at the mist it will be 50:50 plus i will only use it on trackdays or really hot summer days as i think its overkill for the road in normal use.

provided APR agree ill be going for a very basic base level kit that is boost operated. less to go wrong then imo.

I know Ethanol is claimed to have some negative effects on engines but Methanol is even worse, when combusted it creates formic acid!

Just be careful with it ;).

Aren't you talking about Nitromethane by any chance ? AFAIK that one produces acid vapour when burnt hence all nitro classes in drag racing have mandatory respirators for all crew working on engines. It stinks as hell!

Alcohol burns hotter, is very "dry" and has different compression ratios and A/F ratios.

go all out and and get nitrious sy. you might as well haha!

Hurdy did that on his last car. He was running a 100shot lol. I wont be going that route. Id want reliable, d need to build the engine first anyway or you could be certain if bending or melting something

At some point you should start thinking about forged internals if you keep going up the power curve :D.

From what I read those twin charged units were specifically built to higher specs so should be good for some 300bhp stock (just a guess). I saw a project few yeas ago when some crazy dudes in Poland put in 1.9 tdi lump in VW Lupo and cranked it all the way up to 450-490 bhp for the strip. It was running fine but had to detune to 370 as they were not able to find wheels and tyres big enough to transfer all that power to the strip despite special gearbox and strip diff lol.

Even if I had few tens large ones burning a hole in my pocket I would still get a setup for a daily driver with some clever map switching etc at a press of a button. Ideally I'd run it daily of fuel saving map but at a press of a button whole whack would be on tap:).

Keep us posted on that misfire problem, I am keenly interested now!

APR map is switchable via the cruise control stalk snd i can have 4 different maps to switch between. Once were sorted with this mapping i wont be going any higher power wise but the engine might be getting built. Not after much more power tbh so its not a must or a priority. i originally asked for 250-260hp purely because any more and ill always be chasing traction. We've talked about a possible change in compression ratio but not sure yet. Lots of potential work on the cards.

Oh and keith said hes happy to install the WMI and retune it.

APR map is switchable via the cruise control stalk snd i can have 4 different maps to switch between.

Oh, that is one feature I would really love to have on my car!

I'd have 3 maps:

1. Town driving - all economy no power

2. Motorway - economy with enough power to accelerate on switching lanes

3. Full blast - self explanatory

BTW, do you know when are you going to have your car back for you to use ? Did you sign any contract with APR sorting out that development deal? Do they have any insurance to cover your car in case something happens while they are developing it (tuning mistake destroying the engine for example)?

I hope you do not mind hijacking your thread :bandit:

Oh, that is one feature I would really love to have on my car!

I'd have 3 maps:

1. Town driving - all economy no power

2. Motorway - economy with enough power to accelerate on switching lanes

3. Full blast - self explanatory

BTW, do you know when are you going to have your car back for you to use ? Did you sign any contract with APR sorting out that development deal? Do they have any insurance to cover your car in case something happens while they are developing it (tuning mistake destroying the engine for example)?

I hope you do not mind hijacking your thread :bandit:

I'm out of the country until December but it should be sorted way before that. I've been in the UK this last week visiting family so they gave me the car back with a low boost map to ensure it was well within limits.

My car is covered with their beta test car development warranty. Basically anything that goes wrong as a result of their work will be fixed FOC by them.

Map wise I will have

1-Stock map

2-98 Ron low boost

3-98 Ron high boost

4-100ron high boost meth file.

It also has throttle body realignment, fault code reset, valet mode and security lockout function as well. All controlled via the cruise stalk. Its an awesome setup.

Eh, that is so shweet! It is good to have all the bases covered. The only problem I can see is with your work not allowing you to actually enjoy it :(. I suppose when your job finishes (you doing middle east building services eng work I contract?) you will be back in UK and able to duly enjoy it :). I bet your family can't wait!

• Like 1

Just a singleD04 nozzle. The plan is to install it in the same way as hurdy did with it tapped in the inlet manifold about 2" after the throttle body, as i know thats a proven location. If APR/VWR deem there to be a more suitable location ill leave it up to them.

With this combined with the larger APR cooler thats getting fitted i should hopefully see some really low IATs which should release a fair bit more power..well hopefully anyway.

The map wont be getting tuned for it. I'll probably be able to run the 100Oct map id imagine on 1/4 mile days etc, but in normal daily use i wont have the WMI activated, because 1: its not needed, and 2: its a waste of money. Ill essentially have it for track-days, 1/4 mile runs, dyno runs and with it being on a switch ill be able to activate any time i feel like driving the car hard or of the temperatures happen to be high.

Damn right it is!

As far as MWI nozzle placement I read their guide on their website and if you want low IAT readings it looks like the best place to inject would be in the intake pipe before IAT, according to their diagram.

When do you expect to have it all sorted?

dont worry mate, we are more than happy about the location, its definitely before the IAT sensor, they have fitted many kits, most of which are much more complicated than this setup on much higher powered cars, so nothing to worry about there. No idea when its sorted tbh, Im out of the UK again from now until december, so they have about 10 weeks. plenty of time.....