Mini Cumbrian Run - 26th November 2011

marksimps

Exactly Sandy, personally I'm ruling out Hardknott and Wrynose for this one, especially as daylight will be limited too. Anyway Sandy youre more than welcome to bring whatever car you have now though, doesn't bother me at all what cat people bring

But fear not everyone theres plenty of nice roads left to pick from.

Sorry, totally missed this post until now - I had a Grand Picasso C4 Exclusive which was a brilliant car but useless in the Lake District hills! It is also the reason I am buying a Yeti - the last straw was when it stalled on Hard Knott Pass (it;s an automatic!) and when I restarted, it wheel spun on the wet slope and I had to reverse down to a flatter part to have another go!!

Anyway glad the trip went well and hopefully I can join you on the next one

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking on corners! you should approach the bend/corner by taking posision then speed then gear. They approached the bends to fast in the wrong posisition then breaked on the corner. Plus not to mention the french driving! :)

I know the Alston road quite well and you can stay on your own side of the road no problem while making good progress.

Breaking on corners! you should approach the bend/corner by taking posision then speed then gear. They approached the bends to fast in the wrong posisition then breaked on the corner. Plus not to mention the french driving! :)

I know the Alston road quite well and you can stay on your own side of the road no problem while making good progress.

I agree on some and I can never claim to be the greatest driver ever. On the first drive in the car for over two months and new to the car I found the low aspect of the car a problem being unable to see over some corners and being aware of the roads history one must take care. I was also not using the full range of the engine keeping below 5500rpm only exploring the upper 1000rpm later in the drive (not shown). I could have kept closer to and tailed the car in front but only if using the full engine range but watching the temps on the K series and being cautious, gave it some beens later as the confidence grew.

The french part I enjoy and like to use the road. The late breaking there was not too much although a little late on one!

Oh and the ten year old tyres were always at the back of my mind. Bringing the car down again soon so I hope to learn more about the car and may even get round to changing the tyre's. I took the car back up to Scotland that night and have not driven it since.

All in all valid points and can do better will polish up as soon as I have the car again.

that red coupe has a K series engine? is it a rover? I thought it was a jap car (although Ive only watched it on a small screen)

Its not a Jap its a GTM Libra 120bhp when new 11 years ago still perky and just a bit of a change from my ZTV8. Its mid engined 1999 kit and looks great well I think so.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/img2408x.jpg/

never seen one of those before, any interior shots? Look quite smart!

No sorry don't have any but spartan is the only way to look at them. The car has no real heating to speak of and not even an interior light. You cannot see most of the instruments and the gear change is poor but I love it . It is however a eye turner as every drive has drawn the interest of others. Oh and can turn in 50mpg never going below 45mpg due to the 750kg weight. Another plus, insured unlimited mileage business use for £310 fully comp. I am nearly 50 though!!!!

Edited by Mr Bountyfull