New Skoda badge

philpix

They are both rubbish IMO, as they should have this badge......

OctaviaJPSgrille.jpg

i do hope thats not a real badge on your car brian ?

put summat else on man if it is for gods sake

and paint the mirrors gold will look awsome

Kind of like the Favorit badge, but cooler. Was used up to 1995 when it was replaced by the Felicia which was the first car to have the green monstrosity.

skoda_favorit_by_xseja-d37el1r.jpg

Well I ordered a full sett back in October, (but they will not release until cars in this country have them fitted, new Badge is a classic /iconic design with a modern refresh. I also think that both Citroen and Vauxhalls refreshed badges look good also :yes:

Well I ordered a full sett back in October, (but they will not release until cars in this country have them fitted

Someone in a country where they are being used might make a killing on ebay. Until then it seems the next best thing is if you can find a Favorit in a scrap yard - as shown in use http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/199353-replacement-black-and-white-skoda-badges/page__view__findpost__p__2365554

• 5 weeks later...

Well they can't make them *too* good. Remember when Mercedes Benz decided their cars were over engineered, then they made a whole batch of rust buckets? Skoda might show up the "wonderful" (just like a) VW brand if they do too well. Most of the issues are caused by stupid cost cutting and saving pennies, such as replacing a metal part with a plastic one. Yes it only saves 5p, but multiply by the number of other modifications, number of cars produced, and add on the revenue from fixing when these things break in 5 years time when the plastic is brittle - and you suddenly increase profits by the hundreds of millions. From a business point of view, the focus has to be on gaining more market share and pulling customers away from brands like Hyundai and Kia, who are making big strides - Skodas are no longer one of the two cheapest brands of cars on the roads. Unfortunately we live in a Capitalist society where a car is considered a throw-away item after 5-8 years. In some cases it is possible the car itself is sold as a loss-leader, with the majority of money made through parts and servicing.

With internet forums these days, it is surprising manufacturers keep getting away with these recurring issues, and in many cases we keep bending over and where not covered by warranty paying for the repairs. Being a consumer product made to a price point, most cars have common issues these days though. I'm sure knowledge of issues common with cars is also exchanged on Ford, Citroen, Hyundai, Kia, Peugeot, Renault, Vauxhall, and even Toyota forums - I'm guessing Skoda aren't the worst. Once the car is sold, as a buyer you're stuck with it - and MFR's know it. Despite the knowledge being out there, I'm sure there's plenty of dealers who try the plausible denial method and would tell you it isn't common, when they've 5 other cars booked in for the same repair that day.

• 3 weeks later...

Just stumbled upon this thread whilst trying to find out whether this new badge will fit my MK1 vRS.

So... two things...

1) does anyone know if the new Citigo bage will fit a mk1 octavia and,

2) I have the chassis number of a citigo that has the new badge fitted. A friend in Portugal sent it too me, so they are on cars currently....

Hi

I just bought my first skoda - a superb. My desicion was largely based on the feeling that Skoda has come out of their "old time zone" and are nowdays regarded as a rerspectfull VW associated car manufecturer. It is the vital for the future expansion of the company that the public and potential customers should get convinced into this feeling.

Skoda PR people know that, and this the reason for the rebranding of the badge. Already existing Skoda customers, including virtualy all the posters on this forum would not like the comany's disassociation from the past, but this is precisly what they are trying to convey to the wider public.

Liebel

• Like 1

I just bought my first skoda - a superb. My desicion was largely based on the feeling that Skoda has come out of their "old time zone" and are nowdays regarded as a rerspectfull VW associated car manufecturer. It is the vital for the future expansion of the company that the public and potential customers should get convinced into this feeling.

Skoda PR people know that, and this the reason for the rebranding of the badge. Already existing Skoda customers, including virtualy all the posters on this forum would not like the comany's disassociation from the past, but this is precisly what they are trying to convey to the wider public.

Nothing I have seen indicates Skoda were ever that bad. In fact, some VW "improvements" on the Skoda cars were such that they caused failure where the Skoda part performed better. For example, the metal thermostat body on the Felicia was replaced with a plastic one which is something that fails on them all.

In my mind, it was just schoolground mentality branching out into pubs etc when the jokes came around. E.g. my Ford/Vauxhall/insert marque of choice, is better than yours because yours was the cheapest on the market, and (to quote Mr Enfield) I am considerably richer than you. It was self-fulfilling because noone who thought Skodas were crap would have bought one, and now that time in history is gone and only the jokes remain. Perhaps Skoda owners were less likely to service and maintain their cars as they saw them as a cheap a - b machine, or even couldn't afford maintenance, hence more failed.

There's no doubt VW have brought a lot of benefit to Skoda cars, but if you look at a car like the Felicia, which was largely Skoda designed, you can see they weren't doing too badly on their own. I don't think VW is as great a brand as people think though. It's like the reverse of the Skoda thing, years ago VW were amongst the best, they no longer are, yet people think they're great.

Apparently product development at Skoda pre-VW years was often Stifled due to the political situation in the country. They did not want to make a car which was better than what Russia etc were making. See http://www.briskoda....roduced-skodas/

Edited by anewman

Is your friend able to let us know the part number if possible? of the badges that is.

Dont mean to distract from above... no he just took a photo of the chassis number, I can PM it too you if you want!?

Dont mean to distract from above... no he just took a photo of the chassis number, I can PM it too you if you want!?

Yes please, if you don't mind - I might be able to find the parts with the help of a friend who has a dealership :) thank you

If I find anything I will let everyone know.

• 2 weeks later...

Well was in the parts department of DM, Keiths Bradford  today and Stacey said she has ordered them finally,(Badges) she will check they fit, will pop in again on wednesday

• Like 1

Well was in the parts department of DM, Keiths Bradford today and Stacey said she has ordered them finally,(Badges) she will check they fit, will pop in again on wednesday

Hi Alan, You had confirmation there physical attributes are the same?

Jury is out for me whether they will just fade into obscurity much like Vauxhall's effort etc but still interested to see the outcome ;0)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an advance look http://en.wikipedia...._Pick-up.jpg, TBH I have a front badge delaminating and the back one is ruined by my brother opening the boot in a multi story car park so I will be buying a new set :)

Edited by FriendlyFire