MFSW - FL, Non-DSG.....Again

After looking on Ross-Tech it appears that the Octavia does not list a LIN version, the only MKII Octavia FL (a 2011 car) that I have scanned had a part number for the steering controller: of 5K0 953 569 C (this was for a non MFSW car with cruise control.)

For a cruise control fitted vehicle with a MFSW Ross-Tech say you need one of the following Highline controllers:

5K0 953 569 B

5K0 953 569 E

5K0 953 569 H

5K0 953 569 L

5K0 953 569 R

5K0 953 569 S

5K0 953 569 T

5K0 953 569 AB

For a non cruse control vehicle you could use the following Highline controllers:

5K0 953 569 A

5K0 953-569 D

5K0 953 569 K

These however will not accept cruise control.

Do you deffo need a new steering controller (SCSM) to put the MFSW into a 2011 car?

What part number does a manual car come fitted with from the factory?

Yer - the standard controller doesn't support MFSW.

You can of course physically fit it - but none of the multifunction controls will work.

After looking on Ross-Tech it appears that the Octavia does not list a LIN version, the only MKII Octavia FL (a 2011 car) that I have scanned had a part number for the steering controller: of 5K0 953 569 C (this was for a non MFSW car with cruise control.)

For a cruise control fitted vehicle with a MFSW Ross-Tech say you need one of the following Highline controllers:

5K0 953 569 B

5K0 953 569 E

5K0 953 569 H

5K0 953 569 L

5K0 953 569 R

5K0 953 569 S

5K0 953 569 T

5K0 953 569 AB

For a non cruse control vehicle you could use the following Highline controllers:

5K0 953 569 A

5K0 953-569 D

5K0 953 569 K

These however will not accept cruise control.

Thanks for that.

My car came with cruise as standard - so I'd need support for that.

I've at least got a list of compatible controllers now, see if I can find anything out there.

Just thought I'd post a really quick update.

I've at last got hold of my new steering wheel. Slight delay with my bank - they told me I could on pay the guy in £ Sterling of CZ Korona when he wanted €.

So had to go and find another branch where they did know what they were doing and arranged a bank transfer in the requested €

So here is a leather vRS MFSW with Radio and Phone controls and most importantly to me, without the DSG paddles:

47196452.jpg

I've just dropped Ben @ Shark an email asking if he can supply the highline steering controller and then give me a date when I can go see him to have it installed.

I'll post more pictures one the steering wheel is actually fitted.

Just thought I'd mention that dealing with Skodateile.cz was again a pleasure. I purchased a Maxidot a couple of years ago for my old vRS and this steering wheel purchase was just as painless.

He posted it last Thursday and it arrived with me just over lunch today.

My final update until I've had it fitted and I can post a picture of it in my car.

In case anyone is interested I can now give a complete breakdown of the costs involved.

Obviously if you can source anything second hand that will save you some money. Also if your confident enough to do the fitting yourself and you have access to VCDS to do your own coding, that is £99 saved immediately.

Anyway, for those interested, the breakdown:

Steering Wheel including shipping from Czech Republic - £175.00

Highline Steering Controller - £157.00

Wiring Loom - £27.24

Labor (Fitting and coding) - £99

So a total cost of £458.24inc VAT

Hmm.

http://www.skodateile.cz/index.php?pg=product∏=232&menu=%C5%A0koda%7COctavia%20II%28A5%29%20facelift 163 Euro, on on Ebay you can get the same one from UK source for 120Euro as I did.

http://www.skodateile.cz/index.php?pg=product∏=71&menu=%C5%A0koda%7COctavia%20II%28A5%29 26 Euro

It is not bad idea to add cruise control if you anyway going to remove steering wheel and change controller. I got two stalks from Skoda garage for 65Each , newer models ( from 2010) need single

unit http://www.skodateile.cz/index.php?pg=product∏=332&menu=%C5%A0koda%7COctavia%20II%28A5%29%20facelift for 60euro.

Hope this can save few pounds to somebody.

Edited by Shahoff

I personally didn't buy a controller myself as I didn't know exactly which one I required.

There appears to be two different fitting types and then numerous revisions of controller.

I asked Ben @ Shark to supply as I know he'll supply the one I need - of course if the one you listed will definitely work then worth going for.

Only reason I didn't buy the wiring loom from Czech Republic as well is because I forgot about it :-)

Don't need to worry about Cruise Control myself as it's standard on the vRS :-)

Oh, slightly off-topic - anyone know/think there is any kind of resell value on a standard vRS leather steering wheel?

Might as well attempt to get some of my spend back by selling my old steering wheel.

• Like 1

Looking for help people!

Went to have the MFSW installed today and Woods in their infinite wisdom have changed things.

The plug-in steering controller on my FL doesn't fit. Instead I need a whole unit, stalks, controller all in one thing.

Foxed the guys at Shark. Must be a facelift thing.

So anyone any ideas of part numbers for this thing? Possibly the controller unit as used in the DSG with factory fitted MFSW?

Any pointers greatly received.

Hmmmm I'll be in the same position as you in a few weeks when my car arrives so I'll be following you closely!!

I've just got rid of a FL DSG Octy though and I did scan the steering controller with VCDS before I got rid. The part number I read through VCDS was 1KO 953 549 CD. This is from a 2010 TDI DSG facelift.

Hmmmm I'll be in the same position as you in a few weeks when my car arrives so I'll be following you closely!!

I've just got rid of a FL DSG Octy though and I did scan the steering controller with VCDS before I got rid. The part number I read through VCDS was 1KO 953 549 CD. This is from a 2010 TDI DSG facelift.

Was that with or without a MFSW?

Could you do me a really big favour?

Can you pop along to the following thread:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/221347-seeking-someone-with-facelift-vrs-dsg-mfsw-vcds/

And explain to the second poster how he can get a controller part number using VCDS?

Thanks.

*Edit*

Doing a quick Google on the part number you supplied:

1KO 953 549 CD

That looks extremely similar to the one they thought would fit my car, simple plug-in controller but alas wasn't the right type.

OK, getting somewhere.

The part number on my car at the moment is as follows:

5K0953569C

Now if we Google that part number we can find some expired EBay auctions - most importantly they show us what the unit looks like:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Scirocco-Golf-Lenksaulensteuergerat-5K0953569C-/140593700780

We can see from the picture it isn't a simple plug-in module.

I've spoken to Shark again and they believe they have found a controller in the same "design" which will support the MFSW.

What is also good news is from the picture we can see the stalks are detachable and this style of controller is the same price as the plug-in type!

So, currently arranging to go back to see Shark on Monday and hopefully have the controller sorted.

Once I have the part number for the new controller that actually works I'll post it so anyone else interested will be able to source it.

OK, just a final update (for now) on this one - in case anyone else picks this up via a search of Google.

The codes were printed above in a previous message (Thanks Gizmo68)

The Facelift Octavia requires the "Ring Type" steering controller rather than the plug-in style that other people on this thread have used.

I do not know when the Ring-Style was introduced. I can say my car is from March 2011 and it does use Ring.

Any of the following part codes will work - They are Highline controllers and support Cruise Control and MFSW:

5K0953569B

5K0953569E

5K0953569H

5K0953569L

5K0953569R

5K0953569S

5K0953569T

5K0953569AB

The plug-in type modules simply will not fit.

Next update should be on Monday afternoon confirming full installation and everything working :)

OK, just thought I'd update and say that my MFSW and new Steering Controller has been fully fitted and coded.

I now control the Maxidot from the MFSW, along with the radio.

I've also got voice control over the Columbus - so I can press button and say things like "cd" and it will start playing the CD.

The steering controller I eventually had fitted was part number:

5K0 953 569 H

For those interested, there are two different types of Steering Controller, the standard plug-in module and also a "ring type".

Somebody in another thread gave the impression that the ring style was used from mid-2010 onwards, however Shark have had vehicles in manufactured in 2011 with the "standard" plug-in module.

So if you're planning the same upgrade you may need to check what your existing steering module is, if it starts 5K0 953 569 then it's the ring-type.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Update- Just spoken to a really knowledgable man at AVS car parts & been advise that there are now only 2 types of controller parts avalilable to supply.

5K0 953 569 G - Midline

5K0 953 569 H - Highline

• 6 months later...

So in summing up....

I can do this mod on my FL petrol manual VRS (with cruise control, bolero HU and Fiscon Basic plus) by :

getting the wheel http://www.skodateile.cz/index.php?pg=product∏=355&menu=%C5%A0koda%7COctavia%20II%28A5%29%20facelift%7CVolanty

the wiring loom http://www.skodateile.cz/index.php?pg=product∏=182

and the control module: http://www.skodateile.cz/index.php?pg=product∏=232&menu=%C5%A0koda%7COctavia%20II%28A5%29%20facelift%7CVolanty

And using the existing airbag? The wheel looks identical to what i already have (except for the buttons)

Also, will the phone buttons be able to control the Fiscon kit?

This would be very handy as i have found myself a few times drifting across lanes trying to change tune/make or end calls....

I have, sitting in my garage waiting for the new car:

The cable (Sup2-182) and the controller (Sup2-326) and MF wheel (O2f-365 RS multifunkcní volant pro radio a telephone - red stitch).

If you're unsure what you need Ales @ skodatiele is very helpful. Yes, the airbag is re-used and with coding the fiscon should work on the buttons same way that the bolero can control it.

HTH.

Edited by rob_e

You bought the airbag as well?? can I ask why?

I notice it is not a vRS wheel either (no holes for the badge) unless they have changed how they attach, the green and white stitching is certainly different though, not seen that before.

Mine came with the vRS badge already attached - so I'm surprised the above one didn't.

And green stitching? I'm going to have to go an investigate mine closer now. I'd have thought I'd remember that colour, but I don't.

Will report back :-)