Yti arrives Monday Advice needed

servicepoint

Dealer has informed me the car will arrive with them on Monday 21st November although I am unable to collect until Saturday 3rd December, They want to give me the registration now, is this correct should I be asking them to register it in December( are they just trying to reach their figures for November. They are also not offering a choice of registration saying they are allocated already??

can anyone offer some advice please.

Re reg number I wasn't given a choice either, but I'm happy with mine. I think they have 14 days to register it, but somebody else will put me right on that. Will it really make any difference to the resale value of the car?

I collected mine as soon as it was available on the 8th December last year, but I still had to wait for them to register it and tax it, before I drove off into South London to see clients (in the snow emoticon-0136-giggle.gif)

Re reg number I wasn't given a choice either, but I'm happy with mine. I think they have 14 days to register it, but somebody else will put me right on that. Will it really make any difference to the resale value of the car?

I collected mine as soon as it was available on the 8th December last year, but I still had to wait for them to register it and tax it, before I drove off into South London to see clients (in the snow emoticon-0136-giggle.gif)

Thanks RH, I'm not sure about resale value more thinking would I really be losing 1 months road tax?

Thanks RH, I'm not sure about resale value more thinking would I really be losing 1 months road tax?

Registering and road tax are 2 separate events. If you are not picking the car up till 3rd then they don'y need to tax until the 1st, but I also believe that you can for the first year, tax for more than a year, but you don't need to do that.

The car needs to be registered so you can then tax it emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Registering and road tax are 2 separate events. If you are not picking the car up till 3rd then they don'y need to tax until the 1st, but I also believe that you can for the first year, tax for more than a year, but you don't need to do that.

The car needs to be registered so you can then tax it emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Thanks, yes you are correct as always, they cought me cold this morning going into a meeting and wasn't thinking straight so I knew someone on here could advise. Thanks again.

I can now compose myself for second round of my meeting!:rofl:

Mine is on the way.

The dealer will be allocated a block of plates and I was told I could choose from the list they have or I could find my own if wanted a personal one.

With regards registering the vehicle. I can only speak from experience.

My current company lease Mondeo, arrived at the dealer in October 2008 and sat in there compound until I took delivery of it on 8th March 2009. It is registered on a 09 plate. So i don't think that there are any legal time limits. There might be a time limit set by Skoda though.

Richard

Registering it in December or November won't have any affect on it's residual value at all.

Exactly! The only time a few days makes about £400 difference come resale time (on an average Yeti) is February when you should wait for the first of March and August when you should wait for the first of September. Those are the months the registration changes. Any other time you will just get the year of that six month period, 61 in your case. You will get a 61 reg until the last day of February 2012.

I reckon December 2011 > January 2012 might make a difference?

I don't think so. If you go to any website to find the value of your car it only asks for the reg number which will be (this year) 61 in both the last part of 2011 and the first two months of 2012... Maybe James can clarify? Will a 61 reg Jan 2012 car be worth more than a 61reg March 2010 car come selling time?

I don't think so. If you go to any website to find the value of your car it only asks for the reg number which will be (this year) 61 in both the last part of 2011 and the first two months of 2012... Maybe James can clarify? Will a 61 reg Jan 2012 car be worth more than a 61reg March 2010 car come selling time?

Did with the wife's previous Corsa; arrived at the dealer week leading to Christmas 06 but our only chance to collect being the 29th Dec due to new year work commitments an distance to dealer (bought over internet). Think we would have got another £300 + for it trade in if registered in the new year and three dealers we tried for quotes commented on that :S

TP

Interestingly I discovered something about taxing a car, that I wasn't aware of, when I collected my new Yeti. I collected on October 24th and it had more than 12 months tax on it. The dealer said they were able to go beyond the 12 months if they were approaching the latter part of a month so the customer would not lose out.

Therefore I had 12 months and 1 full week when I collected.

This surely is something others must also have experienced??

So it seems a new buyer need not wait till the first day of a month to get 12 full months' tax!!

Even at my age you still keep learning:rofl:

Did with the wife's previous Corsa; arrived at the dealer week leading to Christmas 06 but our only chance to collect being the 29th Dec due to new year work commitments an distance to dealer (bought over internet). Think we would have got another £300 + for it trade in if registered in the new year and three dealers we tried for quotes commented on that :S

TP

Ah. I stand corrected then! Never thought it would make a difference!

Interestingly I discovered something about taxing a car, that I wasn't aware of, when I collected my new Yeti. I collected on October 24th and it had more than 12 months tax on it. The dealer said they were able to go beyond the 12 months if they were approaching the latter part of a month so the customer would not lose out.

Therefore I had 12 months and 1 full week when I collected.

This surely is something others must also have experienced??

So it seems a new buyer need not wait till the first day of a month to get 12 full months' tax!!

Even at my age you still keep learning:rofl:

Yes on new car registrations only dealers can apply for 12months and a week (I believe) . Used this extension a couple of times myself; current Monster was registered on the last day of April with a full 12 months of RFL

TP

By chance my last four new cars have all been collected on 25th/26th/27th of a month with a tax disc covering the following 12 months. Well, all that is until the Yeti, where it was promised as such; but wasn't fulfilled. 26 days RFL wasted. However, I noticed this as I sat down to sign and so they filled the tank with diesel to compensate! Overdoing it a bit I thought (to myself); but they wanted the sale to be October. (James will know if there are monthly sales targets to meet/beat.)

Whilst buying the car I also noticed some notes about compensation for late delivery and the amount (marked as M&S vouchers). Skoda UK told me that such compensation ceased on 31st December 2010 as buyers thereafter knew of the delays. However they did apparently organise it for me without so saying despite my order being placed in February this year!

Like waiting for the Yeti, I won't hold my breath for the vouchers :'(

Edited by freedie

Whilst buying the car I also noticed some notes about compensation for late delivery and the amount (marked as M&S vouchers). Skoda UK told me that such compensation ceased on 31st December 2010 as buyers thereafter knew of the delays. However they did apparently organise it for me without so saying despite my order being placed in February this year!

Like waiting for the Yeti, I won't hold my breath for the vouchers

Ordered mine in Nov 10 and although I had to do a little chasing with SUK and the dealers finance team, I did get compensation for delayed delivery in the form of a refund on the full RRP cost (at time of ordering) of the front park sensor option on our Monster about 6 or 7 weeks after delivery.

TP

Some years ago I was told my new company mondeo was ready to deliver, and the registration would be Y--------. This was weeks earlier than the lease renewal date, as the car had been found in stock somewhere, rather than being built to order, as usually happens. I pointed out it was too early and they agreed to deliver it 6 weeks later, de-registered it and registered it again latert and it was delivered as a 51 reg, one of the first of the new style number plates on the road.

Hence it is possible to re-register a car again if it has not been delivered, with the later plate.

I only oredered my new Yeti 3days ago The original delivery time was end of the year (6 weeks) then begining of Dec (2 weeks) and now I have just had a call saying it is here.

They are rushing me to sign up so they can register it because Skoda apparently charges them after a week. I was told it's because the manufacturers could have sold quicker elsewhere.

So from 6 weeks to just 3 days I have not time sort funds out or sell my old car yet as It is worth a lot more than their trade in value.

I wouldn't have minded waiting I was actually feeling quite excited about it.

By chance my last four new cars have all been collected on 25th/26th/27th of a month with a tax disc covering the following 12 months. Well, all that is until the Yeti, where it was promised as such; but wasn't fulfilled. 26 days RFL wasted. However, I noticed this as I sat down to sign and so they filled the tank with diesel to compensate! Overdoing it a bit I thought (to myself); but they wanted the sale to be October. (James will know if there are monthly sales targets to meet/beat.)

Like waiting for the Yeti, I won't hold my breath for the vouchers :'(

I placed my order in mid March and pushed gently for the £300 compensation. Initially got different messages from SUK staff, the majority saying I qualified for it. My dealer and one person at SUK said not!

I was told all cases on an individual basis! To collection mine took 31 weeks and I have been told I can have £300 M&S Vouchers (SWMBO's Xmas taken care of!!)

I have enquired of late and have been told my dealer has sent in the necessary form.... but not to SUK, it goes to a different company. It takes around 6 weeks after this to receive them as they are very busy and have long lists (maybe one member of staff with list of 30 odd :rofl:)

Hoping to get vouchers in next few weeks!! If you ordered in February and are therefore over the 6 month wait you should get them.... but they need time they tell me!

Meanwhile enjoy your SM, love mine!