FMIC Kit - Group Buy - £200 Delivered

Huxley vRS

If you experience any kind of "lag" on one of these engines you are driving the car wrong!

I very much doubt this lad, especially coming from a guy with 3 posts as well. Upgrading the turbo from a 130 to a 150 produces more lag, this is a known fact not my apparent driving style. The longer the pipework round the FMIC the more lag you will produce. Go ahead and buy one and experiance this for yourself, this is why buying a twin pass with less pipework would be better, but obviously you know a hell of a lot more about these cars and the way they have "no lag"...apparently.

Elliott

I very much doubt this lad, especially coming from a guy with 3 posts as well. Upgrading the turbo from a 130 to a 150 produces more lag, this is a known fact not my apparent driving style. The longer the pipework round the FMIC the more lag you will produce. Go ahead and buy one and experiance this for yourself, this is why buying a twin pass with less pipework would be better, but obviously you know a hell of a lot more about these cars and the way they have "no lag"...apparently.

Elliott

What does my post count have to do with my knowledge of cars? Ive built/tuned over 150 cars, do cylinder head work on the side and used to build aircraft engines for norvic aero engines ltd. So id say ive got a pretty good understanding ;)

I think your confusing boost threshold and "lag" do a little research you might learn something. On these engines there is next to no lag at all, especially helped by the VNT turbos even with a large FMIC and long pipework you will experience negligible difference in "lag" although the boost threshold may be moved slightly.

Where do you think the air goes in the huge twin pass coolers? Its still doing the same distance if not more in the large FMIC with piping on the same side as what it is with this smaller intercooler with longer pipework. Also don't forget a lot of these big intercoolers(forge, seat sport) are hidden behind the bumper and crashbar these areas are hugely inefficient. I doubt there will be a great deal of difference in performance between the forge/seat sport and this smaller intercooler apart from the huge difference in price.

This coming from a man who changed his skyline intercooler from a small sidemount to a MASSIVE front mount cooler which probably over doubled the pipework length and measured hardly any difference in boost threshold and NO change in "lag"(and now has 1 more post, I feel smarter already!)

Sorry for the rant but it gets up my nose when people give really uneducated responses like that!

Edited by Tiz.H

What does my post count have to do with my knowledge of cars? Ive built/tuned over 150 cars, do cylinder head work on the side and used to build aircraft engines for norvic aero engines ltd. So id say ive got a pretty good understanding ;)

I think your confusing boost threshold and "lag" do a little research you might learn something. On these engines there is next to no lag at all, especially helped by the VNT turbos even with a large FMIC and long pipework you will experience negligible difference in "lag" although the boost threshold may be moved slightly.

Where do you think the air goes in the huge twin pass coolers? Its still doing the same distance if not more in the large FMIC with piping on the same side as what it is with this smaller intercooler with longer pipework. Also don't forget a lot of these big intercoolers(forge, seat sport) are hidden behind the bumper and crashbar these areas are hugely inefficient. I doubt there will be a great deal of difference in performance between the forge/seat sport and this smaller intercooler apart from the huge difference in price.

This coming from a man who changed his skyline intercooler from a small sidemount to a MASSIVE front mount cooler which probably over doubled the pipework length and measured hardly any difference in boost threshold and NO change in "lag"(and now has 1 more post, I feel smarter already!)

Sorry for the rant but it gets up my nose when people give really uneducated responses like that!

Nice :)

your original post provoked a response like that due to your attack at my apparent poor driving style. The point you make regarding how many cars you have worked on and the aircrafts's you play with impresses me massively pal, and yes i may not be the most knowledgeable person to comment on stuff like this, but surely by running pipework all over the car like this instead of having shorter pipework lines will create a more laggy affect.

I would assume that there is a good reason the small OEM sidemount is originaly fitted with pipework that is very short and runs direct, instead of all around the car.

Of course it wont it has plastic end tanks it would blow apart under the stress it's also nowhere near the thickness. I think a lot of people forget bigger isn't better!

Also E11HES if my comment was taken that way then I apologise that's not how I intended it :)

At the end of the day noone who is in the group buy is after 300bhp out of their Fab so as long as it can hold 200-240 I think we will be ok :)

For £200 you really cant go wrong its a massive improvment on the standard SMIC not in the current weather as much but at least when the warmer weather comes it will be a great help.

Anyway I dont think there should be a debate on this thread - either put your name down for the group buy or dont post, simple.

PS thanks tiz.

I think for 200 notes it would be a steal. It certainly will sit better than the standard one trapped behind the bumber, The air flow through this will be 100% better than standard.

Im just worried that Ill pay say 230 and after xmas the ebay price will drop to 200 or less.

1. HuxleyVRS - Black Piping

2. Wilsy7 - Black Piping

3. vrs'burks - Black Piping

4. Crocket - Blue Piping

5. kraig - Black Piping

6. Eskimo - Black Piping

7. Tiz.H - Black Piping

8. lemadrell - Black Piping

9. Lee - Red Piping (depending on price due to ebay price fall)

I think for 200 notes it would be a steal. It certainly will sit better than the standard one trapped behind the bumber, The air flow through this will be 100% better than standard.

Im just worried that Ill pay say 230 and after xmas the ebay price will drop to 200 or less.

Surely this is the same when you buy anything? you take your choice at a particular time and there is always the chance that it will drop after you buy it. This is the risk you take in retail. To be honest, £230 isnt really breaking the bank to start with is it though?

a big improvement will also be you get rid of most of the problem clip joints too. I know some remain but this will be a big improvement. The standard sidemounts are known to fail, have plastic end tanks so don't take a lot of high pressure abuse and tbh are in a pretty pants place when it comes to the summer months. Also recovery times from high temps are very slow due to their location. Dont forget when at a standstill a front mounted intercooler will see some air drawn through when the fans activate.

A standard replacement side mount cooler is pretty much the same price as this whole FMIC kit.

A good example of "bigger isnt always better" in the world of intercoolers is the ford sierra cosworth. They run a much smaller intercooler than the one for sale we are all discussing and are able to run 300bhp without issues and perfectly safe inlet temps. A friend of mine has one running 300+ on the standard smaller 2wd intercooler for many years without problems and as you know petrol engines are much more sensitive to higher intake temps than diesels.

int1.jpg

Id say this intercooler will fulfill 95% of people on this forum's requirements with ease. If i can wrangle one with the seller for £200 I will do a fitment guide and before and after logs for everybody to see the improvements. If it isnt as good as I seem to think it will be I will eat my own hat.

yeah if we can get it for 200 as the extra 30 will go towards my bulbs of having my backbox done.

And for someone to agree a group buy price then actually lower the ebay price for less seems a bit **** to be fair. Point of "group buys" is to get a fair amount off. Well thats how it worked with the past forums Ive been on.