Project wrc wannabe

dsmithmobile

Cheers pip,you still got the octavia? Not seen any updates for a while.

Yeah, not done anything to it since building my fabia. All time/effort has been on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys,it's appreciated :)

And Trevor yes the vents are just fibreglass reps of focus Rs vents from ebay

And Dave the wheel arches are fibreglass jdm style jobbies off ebay again.

• Like 2

Much modifying required

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The arches needed a bit of filing down and don't fit great but it didn't matter to me as I screwed them on and used sealant to fill the gap were they meet the wheel arch as it was just the look I was after and wasn't overly bothered about them looking rough as the rest of the car is rough to be honest haha and dependant on how you fit them determines how much work is involved,I cut about 3" of the front arch lip off and bent up the rear arch lip for clearance :)

I hope you don't mind, but I've taken the liberty to save one or two of your pictures, because that is one of the best MK1 Octavia's I've seen! :)

• Like 1

Been all over Facebook getting more love

That's good to hear,I often hear that pics pop up on Facebook from time to time but never see it with me not been a user. what page has it been on?

As I'll see if the mrs can find it and access it from her Facebook and if so I'll have a look and read of the good/bad comments :)

Fantastic, your car looks like a proper Tarmac spec wrc.

If you can get some photographs in a more picturesque location then surely your car deserves a place in the 2017 briskoda calendar.

• Like 3