What will replace your Fabia?

marTTyn

I’ve done the 4x4 turbo thing, the quick turbodiesel thing, the quick twin-turbo diesel-auto thing, the quick twincharge auto thing, the aluminium-bodied thing, the aluminium-bodied hybrid thing. I’ve not done the Chelsea tractor thing – shudder.

Electric vehicles are still leftfield but arguably ultimately inevitable. I want one. I want a fast one. I want a 4 wheel drive road-car done by a separate motor built into each wheel that can drive and brake, with the 19th-century friction brakes reserved for emergencies only. I want 4/5 seats, versatility, small footprint, lightness, radar-cruise, satnav, hard-drive, bluetooth and a heated windscreen.

I want a standard battery pack across all manufacturers that I can hot-swap at the “filling station” for a fresh pack in 5 minutes. I want these stations available everywhere. I want a back up power source that could get me 50 miles further. I want a torque-boost-overcurrent-remap that halves the range but gets me to 60 in 3 seconds of grip and silence.

I would like this delivering by Thursday.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve done the 4x4 turbo thing, the quick turbodiesel thing, the quick twin-turbo diesel-auto thing, the quick twincharge auto thing, the aluminium-bodied thing, the aluminium-bodied hybrid thing. I’ve not done the Chelsea tractor thing – shudder.

Electric vehicles are still leftfield but arguably ultimately inevitable. I want one. I want a fast one. I want a 4 wheel drive road-car done by a separate motor built into each wheel that can drive and brake, with the 19th-century friction brakes reserved for emergencies only. I want 4/5 seats, versatility, small footprint, lightness, radar-cruise, satnav, hard-drive, bluetooth and a heated windscreen.

I want a standard battery pack across all manufacturers that I can hot-swap at the “filling station†for a fresh pack in 5 minutes. I want these stations available everywhere. I want a back up power source that could get me 50 miles further. I want a torque-boost-overcurrent-remap that halves the range but gets me to 60 in 3 seconds of grip and silence.

We can do that by Saturday, is that ok? :D

I have a mk1 vRS and I don't know what I'd do if I had to replace it. The sensible option would be a Mk2 vRS, however I don't know how I'd get used to a petrol again and to drive an automatic box too (never really driven one). If I stick with VAG then I'd buy an mk4 Ibiza Cupra PD160 or maybe a Mk5 FR Diesel.

If non VAG, then I'd still want something Fabia sized, so possibly a Punto Arbarth or sporting diesel, but not sure.

Not many people going to get another fabia (vrs), all say they love the car but not getting a another one. Me I have a nice new Mx5 love it.

Considering how long I intend to keep my Monte, we'll just have to see what the Fabia 3 is like. Also there is the new model which is inbetween the Fabia and Octavia out soon.

Plus circumstances might change and I might need something totally different. I do love my Monte, but if I end up living and working somewhere really remote a 4x4 Yeti might be a better option.

I want a standard battery pack across all manufacturers that I can hot-swap at the “filling station” for a fresh pack in 5 minutes. I want these stations available everywhere. I want a back up power source that could get me 50 miles further. I want a torque-boost-overcurrent-remap that halves the range but gets me to 60 in 3 seconds of grip and silence.

I'm with you on "hot-swap" thing, the minute that the boffins crack a battery replacement which is the size of a gallon container, which takes you 100 miles, which doesn't cost the earth, which you can buy at every petrol station in the land and which you can fit into your car in a matter of seconds, the war's over.

For me it's gonna have to be(dpending on how well my career move works out in the next 2yrs)

either a Alfa Romeo 4C if i can afford it or when a Clio RS 1.6thp when it comes out.

I'm with you on "hot-swap" thing, the minute that the boffins crack a battery replacement which is the size of a gallon container, which takes you 100 miles, which doesn't cost the earth, which you can buy at every petrol station in the land and which you can fit into your car in a matter of seconds, the war's over.

That's why I'm hoping to skip the battery phase at the moment and get a hydrogen powered car once they have cracked that for an affordable price.

Just makes a lot more sense to me.

Considering how long I intend to keep my Monte, we'll just have to see what the Fabia 3 is like. Also there is the new model which is inbetween the Fabia and Octavia out soon.

Plus circumstances might change and I might need something totally different. I do love my Monte, but if I end up living and working somewhere really remote a 4x4 Yeti might be a better option.

Even reasonably remote places are ok in a 2wd :-) some friends of ours moved to a house in the hills behind glenfarg. They are 3 miles from tarmac up rough rutted tracks. The extra ground clearance of the yeti meant I was able to go quicker up the tracks than before but my Octavia did make too - though there were a few nerve wracking noises from underneath. But both the yeti and octy were 2wd and fine off road :)

Sent from my motorola xoom using tapatalk

No idea. Tempted to for something other than Skoda or even VAG next time. I love my vRS though so will be a long wait for a new one. Hoping to keep it for 3 years, remap and mod it and keep for another 2 or 3

It has had to be Skoda this time.

As with most of the other posts probably something that is not Skoda/VAG group - then that's probably no surprise.

Still stupidly in love with the vRS so won't be changing anytime soon.........but.......

*Flame Suit On* .....I quite like the Megane RS Cup :wonder:

PAPA!

NICOLE!

RENAULT?

Mais non, voici une voiture correcte, c’est une Skoda!

AHA!

Only had my vRS 10 months and still love it.

Previous 3 cars were RX8, Focus ST2 2.5 Turbo and previous model Focus ST170.

Lots of stuff I would consider next time round but have 2 kids so got to have some practicality (we do have a Scenic aswell but still need to use my car on occasion so cant be too small or too unusable as a family car).

Would certainly put the next Fabia vRS near the top of the list already, I love the DSG and the engine combo - had never owned an automatic/DSG before and really like this combo. I hope the next one follows a similar vain, with a little more power/bigger engine and a couple more options on the options list (xenons etc)

I will look to change (finances allowing) just before mine gets to 3 years old so it will be looking to order maybe middle of 2013. Lots of new stuff out by then, so whom knows....

Only had it a month and plan on keeping two / three years unless circumstances dictate otherwise.

More of the same hopefully i.e. the next Fabia vRS - the current one ticks all the boxes for me (although I do find the ride a bit harsh after my MKI vRS - I see a rough patch of road and expect to lose some fillings!).

I chose the Fabia ahead of Clio RS200, Cooper S, and Abarth 500 - no regrets regarding my choice.

Very much depends on how the Mk3 looks/is priced. Won't be anything new in my driveway for a couple of years though as it's time to save so I can out of the parents house! Time to grow u. Alternatively if i was to get a massive pay rise I'd, believe it or not, possibly look at a Cooper S Works. I don't have a requirement for a bigger car and I think corsas/Clios are chavtastic! Should I win the lottery however an RS5 would be lovely :)