25% off new Fabia 1.4 16v SE

A bit like when Skoda UK were flogging off the old 1.6 petrol engines in the Octavia, they are now offering the old 1.4 16v unit in the facelift Fabia SE for £8995 on the road.

Bit of a bargain for anyone not fussy about the engine or spec!

More info here: http://www.skoda.co.uk/gbr/finance/offers/twenty-five-percent/Pages/default.aspx

£1000 more gets you the same spec 1.2 TSI at the current list prices through the VAT free deal.

1.2 TSI is the better choice, but £1000 is a significant saving.

+1 and you get more toque with the TSI, cheaper road tax and no cambelt changes.

you also get turbo's, superchargers and the lovely VW coilpack to deal with. the 1.4mpi engine will certainly be cheaper to repair out of warranty.

for £500 less i would get the 1.4mpi if i wanted to keep the car long term.

if i was doing a 3yr trade in i would pay the extra for the TSi provided i got shot of it before the warranty expires

you also get turbo's, superchargers and the lovely VW coilpack to deal with. the 1.4mpi engine will certainly be cheaper to repair out of warranty.

for £500 less i would get the 1.4mpi if i wanted to keep the car long term.

if i was doing a 3yr trade in i would pay the extra for the TSi provided i got shot of it before the warranty expires

No Supercharger on the 1.2 TSI bud :thumbup:

I'd plum up the extra £1k for the 1.2 TSI if it were me

DEFO agree with this^^^^^^^^^^^^^ B)

Very good deal for those not interested in max bhp.

No Supercharger on the 1.2 TSI bud :thumbup:

I'd plum up the extra £1k for the 1.2 TSI if it were me

From Skoda Website

Model, Basic Price, VAT, OTR

SE 1.2 12V 69PS, £8,991.67, £1,798.33, £11,355.00

SE 1.2 TSI 86PS, £9,504.17, £1,900.83, £11,970.00

SE 1.4 MPI 86PS 5spd, £9,429.17, £1,885.83, £11,995.00

SE 1.2 TSI 105PS, £10,054.17, £2,010.83, £12,630.00

As I posted in the should I buy a 1.4MPi or not and taking into account the VAT offer 1.2 is either cheaper or £509 more than the 1.4MPI, and around a £1000 different.

If there were to be no VAT offer then yes the car would look like a good deal, take away the discounts and it is dearer than the model with the newer engine.

Edited by Dempsek

But whichever, it really is amazing quite how much cheaper cars have become in the past 15 years. An arbitary comparison, but in 1998 I paid £10,700 for a Saxo VTR (1.6 litre 90bhp). VAT was 15% then and RPI has moved from 150 to 200 in that time. So the 1.2TSi SE Fabia is probably 35%+ cheaper in real terms than that, yet has way more equipment (air conditioning for a start), a much better engine, and much stronger residuals too.

Edited by pearce_jj

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to sign up tomorrow for the 1.4 MPI 16v 86ps at £8995otr Fabia se spec but reading all the revues and posts here not sure if i am doing the right thing .A 1.2TSI 86ps is £10070 otr se spec and a 1.2 TSI 105ps is £10.620 otr se spec .What is the difference between a 1.2 TSI and a 1.2 12valve

Brian

I am about to sign up tomorrow for the 1.4 MPI 16v 86ps at £8995otr Fabia se spec but reading all the revues and posts here not sure if i am doing the right thing .A 1.2TSI 86ps is £10070 otr se spec and a 1.2 TSI 105ps is £10.620 otr se spec .What is the difference between a 1.2 TSI and a 1.2 12valve

Brian

1.2 tsi and 1.2 htp are completely different engines.

the tsi is a 4 cylinder 8 valve with the turbo, the 1.2 htp is a 3 cylinder 12 valve which is basically 1.6 engine with one less cylinder no turbo to worry about, both have it's pros and cons

so if it was your money and like me plan to keep the car for years our old L&K is now 10years old would you stick with the 1.4 and save £1000 there is no real saving in the tax once the first year is up Or go for the 1.2 tsi same bhp according to the book