Goals for 2012

MartynVRS

Here are mine for now

• Do more of my hobbies. I fish, kayak, cycle and I do want to shoot again. This year I've had no time to do anything.
  • Move out - It's a long shot but who knows. I am saving hard again.
  • Progress on the career ladder - Finally got a job involving some IT this year but it's nowhere near enough and still far too much retail involved
  • Get a girlfriend - Been single long enough now
  • Post more on here - I've often said Briskoda is my home on the net so I want to start contributing more
  • Go to more meets - Going to the Welsh one in May. I would like to do a Castle Combe track day and a national meet too
  • Do more things involving cars - Meets for example as well as shows and other events too. I do want to go to an F1 race this year.
  • Go abroad somewhere/Japan - My cousin lives out there so I do want to visit him. We talk every week but haven't seen him in person for 8 years.
  • Have more fun - Social life was on hold for a while for various reasons so needs a kick start. Time to start having fun again. While I'm at it I need to find new friends too. Quite a few this year turned out not to be even though I helped them massively.
  • Resist modifying the Stormtrooper - At least for now. Want to save
  • Get a lot fitter - As I now have a bike and the kayak there's no excuse. I'll be happy if I'm about 14st as long as I'm fit.

Get out of this depression cycle.

Keep my job.

Learn some new skills I can increase my salary with.

Get a pay rise

Pay off more debt

Get married (or at least set a concrete date).

Professionaly, none. I just want to know what my Chief Constable is going to do with the unit I'm on, ie, dispand us, move us to our "sister unit", make us redundant etc.....

Family wise, maybe move house, upgrade to a MK2 facelift vRS Octi, get my wife through her up coming court case(she's suing an ex employer), get my lad to his black belt in Tae Kwon Do, make sure he gets the best education possiable.

Personaly,(ie, me myself and I) I don't realy care, as long as my family are OK.

Edited by richie

* Carry on with my fitness regime, I beat my cycling target in 2011 by 7 miles so have upped my target for 2012 from 1000 to 1100miles

* Carry on loosing weight, 2 stone lost & I would like to loose another 1 stone (and keep it off), have been really good over xmas/new year and my weight has fluctuted no more than normal

* Become more organised at home with Family life. Spend more time with my Wife and 2 boys and have a holiday this year

All of which are achievable, anything else good to come will be a bonus :thumbup:

1. Lose Weight. I actually lost nearly a stone on honeymoon with all the walking, but have put it back on and then some. No more chocs or biscuits! Getting on the bike every day and doing 20 mins. It's a start.

2. Kick the HR depts @$$ to finally get my revised contract of employment and details.

3. Save money and get SWMBO & I to SA to see her grandparents by early summer.

4. Find a job nearer home, as 100 mile round trip each day is getting daft.

1. Survive the next 6 months of pregnant missus.

2. Survive the following 6 months of no sleep.

3. Buy lot of presents for First child, that i want to play with.

4. Find time to clean my cars occasionally.

- Finish the book I've been writing for the past few years

- Be self-employed by the end of year

- Go to more motorsport events

- Learn how to wallpaper

- Start taking photos again - I've had a year off and I've almost forgotten how to use my camera

- Visit Briskoda more often; I've been absent for a while so it'd be nice to catch up (even though I've stopped spending money on my car now :D )

• 11 months later...

So how did we do?

• Do more of my hobbies. I fish, kayak, cycle and I do want to shoot again. This year I've had no time to do anything. - Not shooting but cycling more. Not so much in the cold now. Didn't do that much fishing mainly because my cousin has been busy with work
  • Move out - It's a long shot but who knows. I am saving hard again. - No chance yet. redecorated bedroom though
  • Progress on the career ladder - Finally got a job involving some IT this year but it's nowhere near enough and still far too much retail involved - Still here and hating it. Always looking though
  • Get a girlfriend - Been single long enough now - Had one for 2 months and her mental kicked in.
  • Post more on here - I've often said Briskoda is my home on the net so I want to start contributing more - Overall yes I have
  • Go to more meets - Going to the Welsh one in May. I would like to do a Castle Combe track day and a national meet too - Two trackdays and the Wales meet
  • Do more things involving cars - Meets for example as well as shows and other events too. I do want to go to an F1 race this year. - The above as well as Goodwood. That was fantastic
  • Go abroad somewhere/Japan - My cousin lives out there so I do want to visit him. We talk every week but haven't seen him in person for 8 years. - Still don't have a passport!
  • Have more fun - Social life was on hold for a while for various reasons so needs a kick start. Time to start having fun again. While I'm at it I need to find new friends too. Quite a few this year turned out not to be even though I helped them massively. - Been busy with work but have been catching up with old mates regularly
  • Resist modifying the Stormtrooper - At least for now. Want to save - Do roofbars count? Changed the XDS and brakes to more agressive settings
  • Get a lot fitter - As I now have a bike and the kayak there's no excuse. I'll be happy if I'm about 14st as long as I'm fit - Managed to do Gower Bike Ride in under an hour, went down to 15st and just about beating my car time into work even though it's 3 miles further. Weight has crept back on this month

Let's see...

- Finish the book I've been writing for the past few years - nope, I wrote a completely different one

- Be self-employed by the end of year - nope but I'm plotting

- Go to more motorsport events - fail

- Learn how to wallpaper - I've decided to paint my walls instead

- Start taking photos again - I've had a year off and I've almost forgotten how to use my camera - camera came out of hiding so that's a tick!

- Visit Briskoda more often; I've been absent for a while so it'd be nice to catch up (even though I've stopped spending money on my car now :D ) - I've been lurking, I'm probably selling the car next year so more lurking to follow

I made a bit of progress. Not much, but a bit.

* Carry on with my fitness regime, I beat my cycling target in 2011 by 7 miles so have upped my target for 2012 from 1000 to 1100miles

Errr, have had to up my cycling target a number of times in 2012. Currently at 2500miles with only 96miles togo :)

* Carry on loosing weight, 2 stone lost & I would like to loose another 1 stone (and keep it off), have been really good over xmas/new year and my weight has fluctuted no more than normal

Sadly, I've put some weight on this year. Not sure why this has happened as I've not changed my eating habbits and have done alot more walking/cycling this year than last

* Become more organised at home with Family life. Spend more time with my Wife and 2 boys and have a holiday this year

We've have become a little more organised and have managed a short holiday and a couple of weekends away, not to mention lots of day trips out with the boys to various Castles/Museums, biking/walking & adventures

All of which are achievable, anything else good to come will be a bonus emoticon-0148-yes.gif