Kenny's VRS

Kenny130pd

I'll be at Extreme Motorsports rolling road in Whitburn on the 24th and the Stirling meet on the 25th.

Massive throw back. Just found your build thread and recognised the car. Was a couple of years ago but I managed this snap of your car and my sage Green Golf back then. (Had a 320d, a Golf 170 tdi and now the Octavia vRS).

DSC07917.jpg

Glad to be part of the green brigade now. Will need to get a build thread up myself.

Edited by S400DDS
  • Like 1

Ha ha, I was a complete newbie too. Think I had the car mapped a few weeks. Was chuffed to bits to see I got 182 bhp out of a standard (with map) Golf 140 TDi. Will be interesting to see what path the Octavia goes down.

Nice to see the TD 1.2s on a Furby. I had some for my Golf but sold up. :-( how'd u rate them for feel (road feedback, etc).

What's your estimate on power with the new blower?

From the little I can remember it was meticulously clean:

DSC07920.jpg

Fancy cleaning mine? How far from Edinburgh do you live? Does the Extreme Rolling Road occur regularly?

I've not been to Extreme for ages, only did two rolling road days there. I'm living in Gorebridge near Dalkeith now, back working in Edinburgh. I like the TD's, they're definitely growing on me. I don't know if there's a big difference between 7" and 8" width on handling but with the 215's and AP coilovers it's pretty good, I took the hybrid back to Xman so I'm still on the standard turbo.

I've not been to Extreme for ages, only did two rolling road days there. I'm living in Gorebridge near Dalkeith now, back working in Edinburgh. I like the TD's, they're definitely growing on me. I don't know if there's a big difference between 7" and 8" width on handling but with the 215's and AP coilovers it's pretty good, I took the hybrid back to Xman so I'm still on the standard turbo.

Why'd you return the turbo Kenny?

If you still run the original side mount intercooler it's screwed on to that, with the Forge kit there's a pipe with a flange for it behind the headlight at the chassis leg.