Intercooler upgrade discussion.

Does anyone know the the part number for the brackets? As I have a SS cooler but no brackets to fit it?

Adam

Bracket- 6LL1458808C

Bracket 6LL1458808B

Bolts to fit the brackets to the intercooler- N90280904

I like this. Just the f'ing pipe work tho thats the main problem

http://www.txautospo...ooler-101-p.asp

just bought an 05 Fabia and its been modded a fair bit 150 turbo and front mount, problem is the return to the intercooler is rubbing againsed the driveshaft as its on coilovers and its ate itself a nice big hole in the silicone hose.......

its going in on wednesday to be fixed but i dont want a new pipe just as it will just happen again, how can i fix this???

any suggestions muchos gacias

just bought an 05 Fabia and its been modded a fair bit 150 turbo and front mount, problem is the return to the intercooler is rubbing againsed the driveshaft as its on coilovers and its ate itself a nice big hole in the silicone hose.......

its going in on wednesday to be fixed but i dont want a new pipe just as it will just happen again, how can i fix this???

Probably not the best place to post this mate, try the Fabia 1 section or "ask a tech".

Anybody installed and running this one yet?: http://www.ebay.co.u...1438.l2649

Gonna get a hybrid turbo soon so hopefully be running upwards of 200bhp.

Anyone think i'll have any problems with this one? Cheers.

Do mean the pipe out of the turbo ? Has this been replaced with an aftermarket silicone hose? I've put silicone hoses on mine and there is not much clearance between turbo outlet hose and the driveshaft. The standard hose is shaped in such a way to give enough clearance. The only way I can see of fixing this is to angle the replacement hose at 45 degrees. Then use a 45 degree hose and a coupler, then a straight alloy pipe alongside the engine, then coupled via a silicone joiner to a 90 degree angle alloy bend.

Not sure what FMIC you have?

Just a shot in the dark, but what about upgraded SMICs? Been looking at the Turborevs one on eBay, presumably they bolt straight in where the standard one goes. For around 100 delivered, would they be worth a punt for the average remap/decat crew (like-a me) who don't care too much about numbers boosting but simply sustaining already achieved numbers? If I knew i'd be sustaining the power output, as opposed to boosting it, I'd he happy having the wider powerband.

Just a shot in the dark, but what about upgraded SMICs? Been looking at the Turborevs one on eBay, presumably they bolt straight in where the standard one goes. For around 100 delivered, would they be worth a punt for the average remap/decat crew (like-a me) who don't care too much about numbers boosting but simply sustaining already achieved numbers? If I knew i'd be sustaining the power output, as opposed to boosting it, I'd he happy having the wider powerband.

They don't fit the Fabia/Ibiza due to different angle of inlet, and fitting to the chassis

I had one on my previous Toledo. Thought I could put it onto my Fabia - wrong! They only fit Golf/Bora/Leon/Toledo

Probably not the best place to post this mate, try the Fabia 1 section or "ask a tech".

Anybody installed and running this one yet?: http://www.ebay.co.u...1438.l2649

Gonna get a hybrid turbo soon so hopefully be running upwards of 200bhp.

Anyone think i'll have any problems with this one? Cheers.

ive a 150 turbo on with a similar fmic i think it was a cheap one, my inlet and outlet both come out the drivers side, this one looks a lot better as te inlet and outlet are on opposite sides

whoever put mine on 'custom' made the alloy pipework and tbh it was a shambles none of the pipes were bevelled at the ends so every time i hit the boost it was blowing off the silicone hoses.......got the intercooler pipes all sorted but musta been suckin in dirty air when the pipes were blowin off and 10 mins after gettin everything sorted she just lost all power and a huge cloud of white smoke out the back so i presume that a fair amount of dirt has got into the turbo with the pipe off and wrecked the turbo so the aa came out and lifted me and took me to the mechanic so its now in for a turbo recon!! aa warranty is great :rofl: :rofl:

i just hope that its fixed now hopefull get it back on tuesday or wednesday

i would consider buying the same intercooler so let me know if its any good will ya??

cheers

im gonna get a rolling road done before i get it back but the boys reckon about 200bhp

Edited by P6VRS

• 2 months later...

A slightly more involved installation. Thanks to Rick_B for sharing the details of his installation.

This is a big twin pass, dimensions approx. 640x300x75. This will not fit without mods. Maximum space between the aircon condensor and the bumper bar is usually in the region of 45-50mm!

- Bumper bar spaced forward to increase space.

- rad/Aircon condensor pack moved back on the offside to increase space.

- Bottom of bumper trimmed as it was deflected by the bottom i/c hose.

For some reason the bumper bar is missing an end. This is a mystery and "came like that". Other bits might need to be trimmed or re-arranged in the engine bay to accomodate relocating the rad pack - e.g. Alternator and/or fan shrouds.

Original pics are currently hosted here...

http://imageshack.us.../imag0107d.jpg/

gallery_3465_139_176647.jpg

gallery_3465_139_280736.jpg

gallery_3465_139_220523.jpg

gallery_3465_139_301401.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

matt lane at HEX8 Automotive  who did my remap he sed it be no good still have heat soak

i quote 

It's up to you. I spoke to another friend who says they still have heat soak issues just yesterday

plus if it doesnt fit right and the garage got to spend hours doing it prob worth me spending the extra £230.00 pounds 

money tight 

59414140_2189717151111522_6494351285855191040_n.jpg

• 3 years later...
On 02/05/2019 at 20:01, seanie-vrs said:

matt lane at HEX8 Automotive  who did my remap he sed it be no good still have heat soak

i quote 

It's up to you. I spoke to another friend who says they still have heat soak issues just yesterday

plus if it doesnt fit right and the garage got to spend hours doing it prob worth me spending the extra £230.00 pounds 

money tight 

59414140_2189717151111522_6494351285855191040_n.jpg

off topic sorry, but I was considering getting my Superb ECU and TCU mapped by HEX8, would you recommend them? I see from your location you travelled a fair bit to get it done there?

10 minutes ago, stever750 said:

off topic sorry, but I was considering getting my Superb ECU and TCU mapped by HEX8, would you recommend them? I see from your location you travelled a fair bit to get it done there?

bud the fcar he did was okay but when i had this one done he couldn't do it and i didn't get told that if i sale the car the remap i booked in wasn't going to be done if i came bk for him to map it as he couldn't map my leon at the time i wouldn't go with h8x again after he wouldn't refund me 

the guy that does all my remaps is in taunton somerset hes done 3 of my cars now and i prob get him to do my mk2 fabia 105 bhp 

he works latest and earliest so hes some times hard to get hold of but he always gets bk to u when hes not working two wks on two weeks off cant seem to find hes facebook post ive message him hopefully he get bk to me he charge between £150 upwards depending what u after he remapped my tfsi 200bhp that has a ko4 internals and remapped to around 280 to 300bhp