1960s in car video (IAM)

My_Yeti

Saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3gg475eSss&feature=related

and then saw this:

Watch from 1:18 to 1:30 - and its from IAM!!

"First signal him with my headlight and again ... I shall sound the horn and again ... (Beep Beep) Yes, he's pulling in, and I can go past, giving me the V sign, I can't think why he should think I am interested in his politics" - Priceless

Edited by My_Yeti

That's brilliant! Didn't know that was accepted practice :rofl:

Of course it is - the flash of the headlights means "I am here" and the horn is an audible warning of your presence. It's all in that little blue book that nobody bothers with called the Highway Code. It's easier to chastise people for bad driving....

I know that it is but surely the way he did it was just bad road manners? If that's the case and this is allowed I'll be making much quicker progress on the way home emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

They still teach the flash of the lights but the horn would be useless with modern cars as they have better noise deadening and travelling at 70mph you wouldn't hear it either.

Saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3gg475eSss&feature=related

and then saw this:

Watch from 1:18 to 1:30 - and its from IAM!!

"First signal him with my headlight and again ... I shall sound the horn and again ... (Beep Beep) Yes, he's pulling in, and I can go past, giving me the V sign, I can't think why he should think I am interested in his politics" - Priceless

Real gems.

I think some of the Herald, Thriumph sports six club cars had a turning cicle of even less than 25 feet, I recall as low as 22 feet with the shorter chasis ie spitfire Mk 1 to 3.

As to the second video, again a clasic. Only seems to happen in derestricted area in Germany now with the UK's 70-80 mph speed limit where drivers think it is OK to block the outer lane at an indicated 70 or so. As many people do not realise their speedo is inacurate, probably over reads by 5% or so, can be a right pain when you are doing a geniune 70/77 mph by satnav reading.

Edited by lol

Helpful bus conductor with the extra turning right signal. Brave standing there though!

Nice old Jag, but didn't we make some rubbish then as well?

Did the red Herald driver have a death wish?

The Herald had such a tight lock that it felt as if the front tyres could roll of the rims.