Side Markers opinions *PICS*

hi, seen a few V-dubs and my local club with side markers, its a u.s thing, i think it looks pretty cool and not seen any on a octy. So i decided to go for it. i wasnt to sure where the best place to mount them, or even which ones to use. i looked an OE jetta ones but didnt like the shape of them wanted some realy flat ones. Well ended up using some side markers of a Truck, im a hgv mechanic so got a few knocking about our workshop. decided to mount them in the plastic rub strip, only done the fronts at the moment but will be tackling the backs tomorrow. what do you think? not to everyones taste i no but i like them.

started by cutting the hole to size to mount the light

IMG_1632.jpg

the light

IMG_1630.jpg

mounted the lights and stuck it in with tiger seal

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

ran some twin core wire from the side lights down through the bumper to the lights

IMG_1624.jpg

thanks for looking, will get tome better pictures up when ive done the backs.

mike

Interesting idea, I think I like it.

I'd like to see pics from further back and better quality :D

yes didnt have camara to hand only the ****e iphone cam :( will get some better ones once iv got the back ones on

I like them even though there getting a bit common on mk 4 golfs but i've got us jetta ones and i sat them more towards the rear and are contoured to the shape of the bumper moulding,mine are clear lense with orange bulbs but thought they looked a bit to in your face so sent them to my mate who is going to smoke the lenses a bit to match my other lenses

I like them, I always a V40 because it had these but there was never one around cheap enough when I was looking for a car. If you could buy these ready done I would have myself a set as unfortunately I have all the technical skill of a hippo when it comes to cutting trim.

I like them, I always a V40 because it had these but there was never one around cheap enough when I was looking for a car. If you could buy these ready done I would have myself a set as unfortunately I have all the technical skill of a hippo when it comes to cutting trim.

someone should start a group buy haha

I thought about doing this, but not sure now. Looks ok, but i think i prefer it on older model cars! Good work on doing it though fella. :)