fabia vrs v ford foucs st

payner

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remapped my fabia vrs to 170 bhp and left a focus st in a could of dust !!!!

Hahaha!! Comedy Gold!! However I can smell something... Bull *•*•!!!

I can see this thread being locked before long :p it's not going anywhere!

As said a 270bhp fabia drummed a focus RS on a quarter mile and a 300bhp RS will be significantly faster than a 300bhp st with the much better drivetrain and revoknuckle diff etc. a 240 fabia won't be much slower than a 270 if Richard can remember the diff in times between his and Luke's.

EVO mag state 300bhp and 324lb/ft for the Focus RS. Interesting they quote a 14.5 second quarter mile time.

My car will do a 13.6 and run consistant 13.7s. Full trim, not lightened and still with the spare wheel. It's about 260bhp.

Luke's (x4oas) car is supposed to make about 240bhp and with normal tyres (I had 888s) was 0.4 seconds off my time when we ran together.

So IMO using the benefit of experience from the pod I'd say a 240bhp Fabia on decent road tyres would eat a 300bhp Focus ST without too much difficulty if it could get the power down so it didn't lose the lead.

When I ran head to head with an unmodified RS making 300bhp I was around a second quicker.

Partly because of the driver though.

As I said before, it's about the torque.

A 240bhp Fabia with an LSD will get off the line just as well and will then pull out a lead on the Focus.

The Focus is fast. But it's not as fast if you put the two together at Santa Pod. It's also heavier.

But the Fabia must have an LSD to get that power down. Then it's bye, bye 300bhp Focus ST. :giggle:

Get a better drivetrain in the Focus like the RS has and it's going to be much closer.

Just goes to show... having a big old tractor engine over the front wheel has it's advantages. :rofl:

Ideal opportunity for a pic... :giggle:

santapod1.jpg

EVO mag state 300bhp and 324lb/ft for the Focus RS. Interesting they quote a 14.5 second quarter mile time.

My car will do a 13.6 and run consistant 13.7s. Full trim, not lightened and still with the spare wheel. It's about 260bhp.

Luke's (x4oas) car is supposed to make about 240bhp and with normal tyres (I had 888s) was 0.4 seconds off my time when we ran together.

So IMO using the benefit of experience from the pod I'd say a 240bhp Fabia on decent road tyres would eat a 300bhp Focus ST without too much difficulty if it could get the power down so it didn't lose the lead.

When I ran head to head with an unmodified RS making 300bhp I was around a second quicker.

Partly because of the driver though.

As I said before, it's about the torque.

A 240bhp Fabia with an LSD will get off the line just as well and will then pull out a lead on the Focus.

The Focus is fast. But it's not as fast if you put the two together at Santa Pod. It's also heavier.

But the Fabia must have an LSD to get that power down. Then it's bye, bye 300bhp Focus ST. :giggle:

Get a better drivetrain in the Focus like the RS has and it's going to be much closer.

Just goes to show... having a big old tractor engine over the front wheel has it's advantages. :rofl:

Ideal opportunity for a pic... :giggle:

santapod1.jpg

My thoughts too!

I'm also fairly sure luke would be very very happy to go against this focus st lol haha :D

My thoughts too!

I'm also fairly sure luke would be very very happy to go against this focus st lol haha :D

Evo had a long termer ST with Mountune's ST260 upgrade. it made 285bhp and 384lb ft and was apparently noticeably faster in a straight line than the standard RS they had, especially mid-range. a PD130 with a hybrid turbo (which is realistically what we're talking about) doesn't get particularly close to those numbers, doesn't have anything like the rev range and isn't massively lighter

Evo had a long termer ST with Mountune's ST260 upgrade. it made 285bhp and 384lb ft and was apparently noticeably faster in a straight line than the standard RS they had, especially mid-range. a PD130 with a hybrid turbo (which is realistically what we're talking about) doesn't get particularly close to those numbers, doesn't have anything like the rev range and isn't massively lighter

Still sticking to my thought lol get Luke or Richard against this focus then we will see :D

As said, best to buy something else... but I prefer the shock on the other guy's face (and my bank managers!) using a diesel Fabia. :rofl:

Can you beat this 300bhp Focus? Yes. But expect to pay £10,000 trying to do it.

And if he modifies further you may run out of options.

I do like some of the responses you get to threads like this! :giggle:

Sorry if this seems to be fanning the flames for this seemingly unwanted thread, but after only just spotting it, I must add, IMO a standard Focus ST170 would have the edge over any 170 bhp Fabia. The Focus handling is WAY better than the Fabia on a track. I'm not going to condone street racing, but in the real world, a ST Focus easily has the edge on a MK1 Fabia.

Get yourself a real car. The Mk2 :giggle:

Sorry if this seems to be fanning the flames for this seemingly unwanted thread, but after only just spotting it, I must add, IMO a standard Focus ST170 would have the edge over any 170 bhp Fabia. The Focus handling is WAY better than the Fabia on a track. I'm not going to condone street racing, but in the real world, a ST Focus easily has the edge on a MK1 Fabia.

Get yourself a real car. The Mk2 :giggle:

In a straight line a 170bhp fabia would rape a standard ST170. A standard fabia would be close. corners however is a different story.

But as said a 2.0 would own everything :rofl: