170CR Remap - Recommendations

Have a look at www.tunit.com or www.chipexpress.com These plug into existing ECU wiring and can be re-programmed and refitted to your next car.

I'm intrigued by the possibility of taking the device to the next car in both the above products. They're both the same price (+-£3) but the Tunit is only offered for the 140BHP variant, which rules it out for me.

The CHIPexpress is apparently user-adjustable, but no details are given on their site.

Is anyone actually using either of these? If so, I'd greatly appreciate your comments - by PM if you prefer. :)

Ray

How're you getting this done in Oz please?

Going to be getting it form Audvolks(www.audvolks.com.au) who are the authorised REVO dealer in Melb. Just waiting for the to answer a few more questions for me before i proceed.

Going to be getting it form Audvolks(www.audvolks.com.au) who are the authorised REVO dealer in Melb. Just waiting for the to answer a few more questions for me before i proceed.

Please keep me posted.

Have a look at www.tunit.com or www chipexpress.co.uk. These plug into existing ECU wiring and can be re-programmed and refitted to your next car.

And another "add-on" and removable unit. www.diesel-performance.co.uk The cater for those of us who want extra performance and also those who want better MPG.

Paschal

And another "add-on" and removable unit. www.diesel-performance.co.uk The cater for those of us who want extra performance and also those who want better MPG.

Paschal

Hmmm. Bearing n mind the strong likelyhood that my next car will be another of the same and that the present one will replace The Boss's Jazz, I'm rather liking the idea of a plug in device that can be swapped to the new car.

Mind you, are there likely to be hardware of software changes in a CR170 engine within the next 2-3 years?

All thoughts gratefully received.

Cheers Brimma, I didn't know Shark had re-sellers "darn sarf", I'll contact W8 and see whats available, many thanks.

Rob from W8 Performance did the remap this evening, only had time for a quick spin but it's a success, smoother, more power and torque throughout the rev range. Great job Rob.

• Like 1

Rob from W8 Performance did the remap this evening, only had time for a quick spin but it's a success, smoother, more power and torque throughout the rev range. Great job Rob.

So did you own up to them nasty insurance people? If so, what they sting you?

Excellent - I'd better PM Rob my address so he knows where to send the commission ;)

Avoid the tuning boxes on these engines. The DPF does not like them at all.

Its also important to tune the car properly on the dyno so that the fuelling can be adjusted accurately to each engine ensuring the DPF is not at risk of blocking due to the injection increase.

Will, any likelihood of a remap for the 1.6Tdi CR in the not too distant future? My last Superb was remapped by you at 3,000 miles, whereas, my current Superb is now at 10,000 miles and counting.

Will, any likelihood of a remap for the 1.6Tdi CR in the not too distant future? My last Superb was remapped by you at 3,000 miles, whereas, my current Superb is now at 10,000 miles and counting.

Hi!

We are still working on the 1.6CR engine. The ECU is different to that used in the other VAG diesel CR models.

• 3 months later...