Company car suggestions - up to £25k

Dr Zoidberg

Lexus CT200h? Not very fast but the tax is super cheap, if the budget is based on monthly lease rather than list price you might be able to stretch to the F-Sport version which looks a bit meaner.

The reviews all say it's a pretty crap car to drive - oddly those for the Prius seem better

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going a bit left field but can you have a commercial?

I was looking at a Double Cab pick up but they are now out of my list.

The VW Amarok looks real nice inside and the twin turbo diesel looks good on paper.

And it is very cheap on CC tax.

Only one choise in my mind for the money you have available.

Go up market for once and enjoy all the benefits

It has to be The New B Class Mercedes"

End of.

That's something I'd not considered, thanks. It looks pretty nice on paper

Depending on your definition of "comfortably", the 5-door 1-Series may be worth a look. I could sit comfortably in the back behind a 6ft 2" driver. When I got behind the wheel I thought it was great to drive with a silky smooth engine and economical to boot. With your budget you could get either the 118d (143bhp and 119 carbons) or 120d (184bhp and 116 carbons).

The Countryman is an interesting car in Cooper SD guise, but I personally think the hatch drives better. Not that the hatch fits your requirements though :D

Chris

Edited by ScoobyChris

Yeah, I love the look of the standard Mini but it's no use as a main car.

I still don't like the 1 series hatch but the coupe is a great looking (if small) car that should be a hell of a lot more fun than many of the other options, especially in 120d form (from a tax POV, 116 and 119 carbons are the same banding).

There's probably 10 cars been mentioned so far that will be worth a closer look and then I can take it from there.

As I think I've said before, there's nothing wrong with my Bravo at all and it's paid for and not costing much to run, but when there's a list of options like this that I could have it's hard to pick the sensible option and keep it.

I ran a BMW 118D for 2 years as my last CC and it was a real drivers car handled very well and quite quick.

But no boot space and very poor rear leg room, hopless in the snow due to the gearing.

Everyone said it was poor in the snow due to being RWD but I drove loads of cars in the snow years ago that were RWD with no problems.

The BMW would do 6mph on tickover in 1st gear so as soon as you are rolling the wheels start spinning and would even pull 30mph on tickover in 6th gear.

But cheap on the CC tax and comfy as long as you get the sport seats. I did 100k in 2 years and got an average MPG of around 45mpg.

End of.

And you can really enjoy the 'Quality' of the upmarket interior as you're waiting for yet another breakdown truck to take it back to the dealer of your choice............ :dull:

End of.

The cheaper (which is 25k-30k or less) Mercedes cars are not upmarket.

They are regular cars with a premium badge liked by those that remember how good Mercedes were pre-1995.

Mercedes used to be a premium car maker, now it makes a whole range of vehicles for everyone and it's the more expensive cars that are still "premium". The A, B and C class cars are regular vehicles competing with similar cars from mainstream manufacturers.

IMO there are better choices, unless you want the badge kudos from people who think they are high quality reliable vehicles.

Yep, I saw that but I'm a little concerned that 105bhp is going to struggle on a car of that size. My Bravo has the same output and that's not exactly a rocketship, though it would be rude not to get a test drive of one and see how it goes. Shame they don't do the 140bhp engine with 2wd

late to this thread so apologies if this has already been covered but 105 bhp is fine for the yeti in my experience, albeit with the 1.2 petrol. I came from a series of 5 1.9 and 2.0 diesel Octavias and believe me 105 bhp at least in the petrol guise is fine. And the other thing about the yeti is that it is good fun to drive, especially when you get off the M way and on to windy twisty country roads.

:thumbup:

Mitsubishi ASX 2wd

Audi Q3 2wd (not sure if it's out yet)

Honda Accord 2.2d (has that been said?)

Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2.0JTD

Peugeot RCZ 2.0d (and sod the pasengers?)

Honda CR-Z Hybrid