**** Whitby 5th Feb, Fish & Chip meet ****

Auric Goldfinger

Isn't there someone on here who would be ideal to give a weather report in Whitby? :think:

It's a shame we are not going to see you Brimma & Softscoop, but I can fully understand your situation. I'm sure we will see you (and the JPS beast) at another meet, possibly at the Stone Trough Inn when warmer in spring.

I'm coming, I just hope the Fish and chip shops are open!

Edited by Jim H

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke to Andy , ( Auric Goldfinger) it is going ahead , he has winter tyres, will come but will check out the road up to the Abbey before I attempt it.Have got a shovel brush and rock salt with me . mobile 07792325433 if anyone needs to get in touch

Isn't there someone on here who would be ideal to give a weather report in Whitby? :think:

I've tried to text Emma for a weather report, but not had a reply... I imagine she's letting us all fret about the weather for fun! Haha!

I'm trying to arrange things so I can come. We're just off to a kids party at Little Hoppers in Scarborough - possible the coldest place known to man on a day like this. If I can bail out early, I'll dash up the coast road. Is it okay to call you bluevrs2 if I get to the Abbey and there's nbobody there?

Andrew.

Nice to see people who managed to wade through the 15ft drifts that weren't there. Another case of the media hyping up a light dusting.

Anyway, to those of you who went, I've fixed the car and it was a popped hose off the pancake pipe. Hope the fish and chips were nice, I've not even had a cup of tea yet due to playing at mechanic for the afternoon. Next time I'll try not to break the car on the way there and stop a bit longer. :giggle:

Cheers,

Andrew.

Nice to see people who managed to wade through the 15ft drifts that weren't there. Another case of the media hyping up a light dusting.

Anyway, to those of you who went, I've fixed the car and it was a popped hose off the pancake pipe. Hope the fish and chips were nice, I've not even had a cup of tea yet due to playing at mechanic for the afternoon. Next time I'll try not to break the car on the way there and stop a bit longer. :giggle:

Cheers,

Andrew.

Pleased to hear it wasnt anything to serious! Was nice to meet everyone and defiantly looking forward to further meets (although w/ better weather and cleaner cars).

Just downloading the Briskoda UAV footage now...

Edited by PEMBO

That was a good meet. Thanks to all who decided to venture out. Being on the coast there was only a light dusting of snow. The abbey car park was surprisingly warm, and absence of wind helped. I'm glad your car was allright, most peoples diagnostics was right in being a pipe blown off.

So, Emma, what's your excuse?

Edited by Jim H

Nice meet, glad to me old faces and new.

We now have a Brisky-copter complete with video. Ace piece of kit.

and for all you petrol/diesel heads branded fuel IS better then Supermarket Cr@p, I've been talking to a man who knows. emoticon-0144-nod.gif

*If your engine is already coked up, otherwise it will just keep it from coking up :D Still a very subjective thing, but I think I'll stick with "Branded" fuel for 3+ tanks when buying a car second hand, then at least every other tank of "Branded" after that (Although I'm going with 2 tanks of cheap, 1 tank of branded). Only works out a couple of quid extra anyway :p

I've never seen that road over the moors so empty, gorgeous blue sky etc...

Good to catch (almost) everyone and even warm enough 6c to eat chips from the paper (the proper way)

However, the way back the fog thickened across the flats from Selby, -7.5c and some nil visibilty patches. The radio reported an accident had closed the m62 in this area, not surprising.

Yes no snow at whitby as you can see by the copter cam , nice to see a few more faces, freezing fog back through Pickering, and I have now passed 40,000 miles finally!

OI what you playing at we arrive at your doorstep and you are not there :dull:

for all time I had done 22,000 in the first 2 years, used bike during the day, and car at night, then changed job so 18,000 in 3 and a half years, 14,000 miles were on the continent :yes: