**** Whitby 5th Feb, Fish & Chip meet ****

Auric Goldfinger

As the Original Thread Starter I have decided to post this message:--

Looks like it's Snowing quite hard around the N E of England. Harrogate is White over and there is no signs of the snow easing up for Quite a while.

So, Whitby is quite a trip for me and others are travelling from afar, Brimma and soft scoop from the Lincoln area and Chris880 for over the boarder in Lancashire, Sharkrider is coming from the North West and others from the North East. I would hate anyone getting stuck in the snow or worse having an accident, even setting off and then having to turn back.

IS the Meet to go ahead on the grounds of safety and the fact we'll be sat in our cars freezing our nuts off (ema_jane is excluded from that comment) Shall the meet be postponed for a later date,

Please, Please post your comments and any decision by any one at this late stage to pull out will be fully understood.

Whitby may escape the weather but getting there may be a different thing

Thanks for reading and Please post your thoughts

Andy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already spoken to Brimma, and we've agreed to assess the weather first thing tomorrow before we set off.

If it's going to snow even more then I think I'll pull out, as it's quite a long way to go and get cold :(

Good call Andy,

Sensible considering the conditions and distances involved.

I would postpone the event if i were you, but don't cancel it as I'm actually quite looking forward to it! run it again when the weather is more acceptable in a couple of months maybe?

Cheers everyone .

Bradley

Good call Andy,

Sensible considering the conditions and distances involved.

I would postpone the event if i were you, but don't cancel it as I'm actually quite looking forward to it! run it again when the weather is more acceptable in a couple of months maybe?

Cheers everyone .

Bradley

Cheers Brad, could be posponed not cancelled

I've already spoken to Brimma, and we've agreed to assess the weather first thing tomorrow before we set off.

If it's going to snow even more then I think I'll pull out, as it's quite a long way to go and get cold :(

This seems to be the way to go

It's a hell of a long way to go for a fish and chips and end up with a mangina, or worse still, having it drop off completely

If anyone can post weather updates from various areas at 9am tomorrow a sensible decision can be made

I'd sooner make the trip up in the JPS to give people a laugh, but I'd probably end up using the Fabia in this weather

I was really looking forward to this one, but not relishing the thought of a 230 mile round trip as it is currently, so it's looking bleak I'll be passing :'(

I can fully understand your decision if you do decide to postpone it, there are many people coming from Far away.

However, I'm sure all the main roads will (or should be) gritted, so once you've got out of your estate, travelling may be fine, but may take longer. I think we can decide this in the morning. I think I can safely say a drive around the moors afterwards is definitely out of the question.

If this does go ahead, Sharkrider is going to contact me if he has a problem.

Hay, was looking forward to snow this winter and this meet, but didn't want it at the same time. Having said that, I haven't been to many NE meets when the weather is perfectly fine, it's always been cold, windy, raining or sleeting etc.

Edited by Jim H